Stats in Little Cup

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Overview

Since all Pokemon in the Little Cup metagame are at Level 5, it is relatively simple to get the minimum and maximum stats for that particular Pokemon. This provides an insight into how to put EVs efficiently to Pokemon competing in Little Cup.

The Minimum and Maximum Stats

Assuming that all the IVs are 31, suppose that F is the Base Stat without its last digit, while L is the last digit of the Base Stat in question. For example, if the Base Stat is 85, then F = 8 and L = 5. Then we have:

Code:
If the Stat is not HP, then

Minimum Stat = F + 6, if L is between 0 and 4
Minimum Stat = F + 7, if L is between 5 and 9

If the Stat is HP, then add 10 to the equations above.

Furthermore,

Code:
Maximum Stat = Minimum Stat + 3, if L is neither 3 nor 4
Maximum Stat = Minimum Stat + 4, if L is either 3 or 4
Combining the above equations together, we have:

Code:
Stat is between F + 6 and F + 9, if L is between 0 and 2
Stat is between F + 6 and F + 10, if L is either 3 or 4
Stat is between F + 7 and F + 10, if L is between 5 and 9

Add 10 if the Stat is HP.
The above equations assume that the nature is neither hindering nor boosting the stat. If you want to find the maximum stat after a boosting nature, then this is again very simple to do.

Code:
Maximum Stat with a Boosting Nature = Maximum Stat + 1, if the Base Stat is 102 or less
Maximum Stat with a Boosting Nature = Maximum Stat + 2, if the Base Stat is 103 or more
Since the majority of Base Stats of Little Cup Pokemon are between 3 and 102, then a boosting nature will almost always result in just an increase of 1 to the stat.

For the 85 Base Stat example mentioned previously, the actual (neutral) stat will be between 8+7 and 8+10, i.e. between 15 and 18, and between 25 and 28 if it is the HP stat. The maximum stat that can be attained after a boosting nature is thus 18+1 = 19.

Amount of EVs required to Maximize your Stats

The amount of EVs required to maximize your Stats are listed in the following table. The actual amount varies according to what L, the last digit of the base stat, is. Note that the table works for any stat; it doesn't differentiate between HP and non-HP stats like what the formulae in the previous section did.

Code:
If L is   EVs required to maximize stat
---------------------------------------
   0                   196
   1                   188
   2                   180
   3                   252
   4                   244
   5                   236
   6                   228
   7                   220
   8                   212
   9                   204
We can thus see from above that you only need to apply the maximum 252 EVs to maximize the stat if the last digit of the Base Stat is 3. For all the other cases, doing so would waste up to a whopping 72 EVs, which could be assigned to other stats. We can also see from above that Base Stats ending in 5 are the least efficient when maximizing the stat is concerned; even though 236 EVs are assigned to the stat, the stat is only increased by 3.

The above table can also be represented in terms of a formula:

Code:
EVs required to maximize stat = 196 - 8 * L, if L is between 0 and 2
EVs required to maximize stat = 276 - 8 * L, if L is between 3 and 9
If the IV for the stat in question is not 31, you'll need to add 4 EVs multiplied by the difference between your IV and 31 in addition to those listed on the table above to maximize your stat. For example, if your Base Stat is 85 and that Stat has an IV of 30, you'll need to provide 236+4 = 240 EVs to that stat in order to maximize it. Note that if the last digit of the Base Stat is 3, the maximum possible actual stat will never be attained if the IV for that stat is less than 31, no matter how many EVs you provide to that stat.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for explaining these equations, especially the wording that you used making this easy to understand, X-Act.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks dachickens. I've fixed the mistake.

I also added information on how to find the maximum _boosted_ stat, which is really quite simple (simpler than I thought).

I really don't know if there is a Little Cup Pokemon with a non-HP Base Stat that is greater than 202. If there isn't, please tell me and I'll remove that option from the original post, which would make it even simpler.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, there is no Little Cup Pokemon with any Base Stat higher than 160. Onix is the highest, with a Defense score of 160. After that, Munchlax has an HP stat of 135, followed by Cranidos with an Attack stat of 125.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)