ORAS OU Stay On My Grind (Megazor Balence)

I've been judging people's teams for a while now so I decided to throw one of my teams in ringer and maybe let some beginners give it a try. This team has done pretty decently on the ORAS Ladder (forgot how far exactly :/) but I did somewhat decent (I got to the 1500s if I remember correctly) and I really enjoy the synergy in this team. This is technically my first RMT, so if I make a mistake, please don't rip me a new one. Thanks guys :)

Clamps (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost
The first up is Scizor. Scizor is amazing in ORAS, and has one of the best typings in the game. I wanted a Scizor that can both act like a wall and sweep teams, so I went with the bulky set with Impish nature . Bullet punch gives the team priority and hits like a truck with the technician boost. Knock Off gives Scizor coverage, Roost replenishes Zor's health, while swords dance grants Zor the power needed to sweep.

Spin Cycle (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
I despise facing Talonflame, so I picked the best counter to it in OU: Rotom. This washing machine is a great physical wall and does great in taking hits my other mons don't want to take. I went all out on defense because I wanted Rotom to be as bulky as possible and there has been a decline in max speed Azumarill. Hydro pump and Volt switch is for STAB and to give me switch initiative, will-o-wisp is to cripple physical attackers, and pain split is to regain health.

Calrissian (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Landorus is the scarfer on the team and my answer to Charizard X. U-turn is for scouting and switch initiative, Earthquake if for STAB, Knock Off is for getting rid of items, and Stone Edge is for Flying types. Defense investment is for the fact that Lando likes to switch in on physical attacks.

Beef Stew (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Heatran is my special wall and Stealth Rocker. Lava Plume is for STAB and Earth Power is for other Heatrans primarily. Toxic is pretty much for Mega Slowbro, as once it gets some calm minds up it becomes quite troubling to take down, as well as other walls.

First Class (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Latios is my offensive deffoger. Draco Meteor is for stab and Roost is for giving Latios more longevity. I decided against Earthquake because I already have answers Heatran and I just think Earthquake on Latios is silly.

Unicorn Wizard (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
Keldeo is my secondary sweeper and mandatory fighting type. The Calm Mind set is quite devastating and has won me many a game. Keldeo is primarily used late game once threats like Venusaur, Slowbro, and Lati@s is gone.

Former Team members:

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Amoongus was originally on the team, but due to Talonflame's popularity, I decided to get rid of him for Rotom Wash.

Threat list:
Breloom: After losing Amoongus, Breloom is a huge problem to the team, usually I have to sac something to sleep than kill is with Latios. Thank god, he is not that popular anymore.
: More of an annoyance then a threat, Slowbro has to be poisoned or killed immediately to stop it for walling Keldeo and Scizor.

Mega Tyranitar: All it needs is a few Dragon Dances to turn into a major threat.
Mega Altaria: If its the Fireblast+Earthquake DD Altaria, then its gg.

Importable:
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Calrissian (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Beef Stew (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

First Class (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Draco Meteor

Unicorn Wizard (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Last edited:
Hey, it's a pretty nice team. And for the hide bars do this [ hide = title ] and once you are done end it with [ / hide ] ( don't leave spaces like I've done. Now onto the rate. First I would consider latias over latios here as it gives more bulk which never hurts and also provides healing wish support your team. Mega gardevoir is a huge threat to your team. It happily sweeps once scizor had taken some damage. To help with this I would recommend changing heatran's set to :

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Ability : Flash Fire
EVs : 248 HP / 192 SpD / 66 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Flash Cannon

I've replaced toxic with roar which is much more useful against set up sweepers and Earth Power for Flash Cannon since lando-t takes care of other heatran with eq.

Hope I helped :)

I would like to suggest a few changes - minor ones though.

Firstly, I would suggest changing Mega Scizor's EV spread to the standard spread of: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD

Ability: Technician
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

The spread is taken directly from the dex, so I'll go copy-paste the details.

With just 248 HP and 16 Def EVs with an Impish nature, Mega Scizor avoids the 2HKO from maximum Attack Adamant Landorus-T's Earthquake, so it can afford to focus on investing in other stats instead of Defense. In particular, 200 Special Defense EVs ensure that Mega Scizor is never OHKOed by Clefable's Fire Blast and Timid Mega Diancie's Hidden Power Fire and never 2HKOed by Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast and Life Orb Latios's Draco Meteor followed by -2 Hidden Power Fire, making Mega Scizor an effective check to some special attackers as well. The rest is invested into Attack, as this set is generally starved for power.

Furthermore, I believe that the EV spread you're using is outdated. I believe that it was originally to avoid the OHKO from Latios' HP Fire, but that requires 252 HP / 176 SpD, and then it bounced over to 248 HP / 176 SpD, supposedly to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast but 176 SpD EVs are too much. Now, this is the standard spread.

I would also change Rotom-W's EV spread to 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe, and give it 0 attack IVs. Yes, while max speed Azumarill may be uncommon now, it outspeeds uninvested Lanto-T - and while that's uncommon, the extra speed is more beneficial than the extra bulk.

Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

252 HP EVs may not be on the standard spread anymore, but it does provide something valuable - a Leftovers number. You'll be regaining 19 HP every turn opposed to 18 HP every turn.

I would like to suggest a few changes - minor ones though.

Firstly, I would suggest changing Mega Scizor's EV spread to the standard spread of: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD

Ability: Technician
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

The spread is taken directly from the dex, so I'll go copy-paste the details.

With just 248 HP and 16 Def EVs with an Impish nature, Mega Scizor avoids the 2HKO from maximum Attack Adamant Landorus-T's Earthquake, so it can afford to focus on investing in other stats instead of Defense. In particular, 200 Special Defense EVs ensure that Mega Scizor is never OHKOed by Clefable's Fire Blast and Timid Mega Diancie's Hidden Power Fire and never 2HKOed by Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast and Life Orb Latios's Draco Meteor followed by -2 Hidden Power Fire, making Mega Scizor an effective check to some special attackers as well. The rest is invested into Attack, as this set is generally starved for power.

Furthermore, I believe that the EV spread you're using is outdated. I believe that it was originally to avoid the OHKO from Latios' HP Fire, but that requires 252 HP / 176 SpD, and then it bounced over to 248 HP / 176 SpD, supposedly to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast but 176 SpD EVs are too much. Now, this is the standard spread.

I would also change Rotom-W's EV spread to 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe, and give it 0 attack IVs. Yes, while max speed Azumarill may be uncommon now, it outspeeds uninvested Lanto-T - and while that's uncommon, the extra speed is more beneficial than the extra bulk.

Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

252 HP EVs may not be on the standard spread anymore, but it does provide something valuable - a Leftovers number. You'll be regaining 19 HP every turn opposed to 18 HP every turn.
Interesting Scizor spread. I'll be sure to incorporate it in my next battles with this team.

As for Rotom, I guess the speed increase wouldn't be too bad lol

Hey, it's a pretty nice team. And for the hide bars do this [ hide = title ] and once you are done end it with [ / hide ] ( don't leave spaces like I've done. Now onto the rate. First I would consider latias over latios here as it gives more bulk which never hurts and also provides healing wish support your team. Mega gardevoir is a huge threat to your team. It happily sweeps once scizor had taken some damage. To help with this I would recommend changing heatran's set to :

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Ability : Flash Fire
EVs : 248 HP / 192 SpD / 66 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Flash Cannon

I've replaced toxic with roar which is much more useful against set up sweepers and Earth Power for Flash Cannon since lando-t takes care of other heatran with eq.

Hope I helped :)
Now that you mentioned it I do have a big weakness to Gardevoir lol. I'll be sure to give Flash Cannon Heatran a try :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)