Steam Holiday Sale 2012

It's that time of year again. The time we try to save our money but get shafted by an endless stream of great, cheap games. Sale started today and runs until the 5th of January.

http://store.steampowered.com/

The big one this second might be Borderlands 2 for $30. Won't last long though.

Be sure to check the store daily.

also word of advice:
dont buy a game until it goes on flash sale or is a daily deal until the last day. If you buy a game at -25% for example it may go on flash sale for -50%. Just wait until the last day if you dont see the game you want on flash or daily

I'm kinda sad they aren't doing the coal thing for prizes this year. That was really fun for some reason though all I got in the end was some silly coupon.

also word of advice:
dont buy a game until it goes on flash sale or is a daily deal until the last day. If you buy a game at -25% for example it may go on flash sale for -50%. Just wait until the last day if you dont see the game you want on flash or daily
This.

So don't feel bad if you've missed a game. It may come back even cheaper (or at the least, the same).

Don't forget to vote for what you'd like to see on sale next.

Psychonauts is $2.50. Everyone go out and buy it.
This is word for word, punctuation and everything, the exact same as a good friend of mine's current facebook status.

Also. STOP TELLING ME ABOUT STEAM SALES. I HAVE TOO FEW MONEYS!!!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers is on flash sale for $2.50 for the next 8 and a half hours or so (till like 11 am est). It's a quirky indie platformer with a great concept (a fully destructable environment that you manipulate to solve puzzles), and an amazing sound track. I haven't finished it yet but definitely consider picking it up at this price!!

Ys: Origin and Ys: The Oath in Felghana are both well-polished top-down JRPGs at half price. They have amazing boss fights and a really good soundtrack.

Limbo is also on flash sale atm, a spooky puzzle-platformer that's surprisingly disturbing. Dear Esther looks good, but I haven't played it so idk.

So far I got Dear Esther, Dungeon Defenders, Psychonauts and The Witcher. All of em were like 2.50-3 bucks :D
The Witcher is brilliant, but The Witcher II is horrible -- it's like they took every good thing about the first one and avoided it; the combat system, hilarious womanising Geralt, interesting plot and replaced it with stupid cliche crap.

Lone Survivor is only $3.29 atm on a flash sale. I highly recommend it, especially at that price. I picked it up as part of the indie bundle and thoroughly enjoyed playing it. It's worth that price for the soundtrack alone.

I picked up Chivalry as a daily deal, and I feel like it was definitely worth it. The game is deceivingly complex, but oh so fun (and sometimes frustrating, I've learnt to accept teamkills as a natural element of the game!). Would recommend.

I just got the Portal Bundle that's on sale today, can't wait to play it. Also if I correctly understand you can play these games with other people so once these are done downloading hit me up so we can play together sometime! I'm still gonna keep a eye out for other good sales so I'm not done yet ;D

EDIT: BTW that portal sale is only today so get it while you can for 6.24(has both portal games but no dlc)
EDIT2: Please suggest other good games to me!

OK another post by me but I picked up Hotline Miami and oh boy do yourself a favour right now and buy it. It's one of those games that makes you fall in love with gaming again.

is there anything like this for the ps3?

--

I'm tempted to buy Borderlands 2. It's 50% cheaper here and it looks quite cool. Is it worth buying?

I'm tempted to buy Borderlands 2. It's 50% cheaper here and it looks quite cool. Is it worth buying?
Definitely. In my opinion, it's better than the first in about every way possible and an extremely fun game overall.

I got the Mass Effect bundle (ME1 and ME2 deluxe edition) for $9.99 yesterday morning, so happy about that.

Latest buy is Dark Souls: Prepare to Die-edition for me. Gonna do a full damage list when done, looking slightly grim right now (roughly 70e used). Then again, DS and Dishonored took a great chunk of it, so...

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
there hasn't been a siiiiiiiiiingle thing in this sale so far that interests me

there have been a couple of gems on the indie side, certainly, but these i already have (and were by and large under three or four pounds already, so i imagine many people had these already)

what happened? i remember 2012 as a pretty great year for gaming!!

is there anything like this for the ps3?

--

Borderlands 2 is a fantastic game. I bought it during the Thanksgiving sale and have loved the game since - it's refined, fun, and most importantly, has personality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)