Steam Summer Sale 2012

The Steam Summer sale has started!

http://store.steampowered.com/

In addition to the Daily Deals it seems like they're doing Flash Deals that only last for a short amount of time (Deus Ex HR is up there for $7.50, though it only lasts for about an hour longer!). These are on the right hand side and you'll probably have to scroll down to see them so make sure you don't miss them. There's also a Community Choice sale where whichever game gets the most votes is the one that goes on sale. Today's is between Witcher 2, Batman AC, and Saints Row 3 (hoping for Batman myself as it's the only one that I don't have, though Witcher 2 is also a fantastic game).

Also, a tip to those who haven't seen a Steam sale before: wait until something is a Daily Deal or Flash Deal before buying, because while nearly everything is discounted at least a little the daily/flash deals are going to be much better and the regular discounts will last until July 22.

As far as today's deals go, Portal 2 for $5 (and the original for $2.50) is pretty much a must-buy if you haven't already played it for some reason. Legend of Grimrock was also fun.

Beat me to the thread, I'm super psyched.

I are disappoint though, I bought Legend of Grimrock off of GOG.com YESTERDAY for 7.49. Could be worse but...

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I might pick up the Bethseda pack later on; comes with Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas and its DLCs. Too bad it doesn't have Fallout 3 =/.

I am thinking of purchasing the Portal bundle, which includes both the original Portal as well as Portal 2. However, I am not sure if my laptop will be able to run them. I have received some opinions on IRC, but I wanted to get a few more just to make sure that I make a reasonable purchase that I can take advantage of.

Anyway, my laptop runs on a 1.00 GHz AMD dual-core processor and an AMD Radeon HD 6250 graphics card. I have 3 GB worth of RAM.

Thanks for any input in advance.

I am thinking of purchasing the Portal bundle, which includes both the original Portal as well as Portal 2. However, I am not sure if my laptop will be able to run them. I have received some opinions on IRC, but I wanted to get a few more just to make sure that I make a reasonable purchase that I can take advantage of.

Anyway, my laptop runs on a 1.00 GHz AMD dual-core processor and an AMD Radeon HD 6250 graphics card. I have 3 GB worth of RAM.

There should be a demo for Portal, so download that and see if it runs well.

I don't know specs on AMD but if you have a dedicated graphics card you should be fine. Intel has integrated graphics, I don't know how AMD does it though.

There should be a demo for Portal, so download that and see if it runs well.

I don't know specs on AMD but if you have a dedicated graphics card you should be fine. Intel has integrated graphics, I don't know how AMD does it though.
I was able to play the Portal demo before with few problems if any.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Binding of Issac. for less than $2.

Why haven't you bought it yet?
Picked that up in the Winter Sale, it's a steal for under $2. That and Bastion were my two best pickups in that sale imo (keep an eye out for a Bastion sale if you guys don't have it yet!).

This sale I definitely don't have the kind of money to throw around like I did in December, but I couldn't resist picking up Trine 2 today. I'm gonna try and limit myself to the best deals this time around instead of "anything that looks okay and is less than 5 bucks." Probably won't happen though

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i loooooooooooved bastion, i am looking out for more games that have a focus on easy-on-the-eyes and absorbing artwork, i also love simplicity (the kind of easy to learn hard to master)

anyone have any recommendations??

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the link! Though I would assume you would say yes because you linked me to it in the first place, would you say that this website is reliable for most if not all games and other software?
It's a ballpark estimate: if it says you're just above or below the system requirements then you might get the game to run on low settings, maybe not.

first i joined firestorm in a "don't buy anything, be good" pact but then binding of isaac for $2

i went in and came out with binding of isaac, tomb raider anniversary, the penumbra pack, half-life anthology, and from dust

i have a new gaming computer so i have no self control anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)