Steps to a Better Metagame (Currently Discussion Phase)

Wait, so,

I didn't quite get that. "during the period with the current changes". Does that mean won against three players last period? Like in the testing stage? If so, wouldn't that be inapplicable this round, then?
That's just a sort of guideline so I don't get a bunch of voters who have no basis for their opinions. This round, I'm more focused on the voters' skill in OU (so far, no one has submitted a screenshot of their OU ladder rank). Everyone's votes count, but those of skilled players carry more weight.

Since no one has voted in some time and I doubt others will PM me by 12:00, I'm closing the vote for the first round of submissions. My reasoning for this is that there is a tie for first place, and it's comprised of two contrasting submissions:

nightsitter 1 (Knock Off no longer gets a 1.5x power boost if it successfully removes the opponent's item.)
xJownage 1 (Knock off is now 40 BP and still gets the 1.5x boost.)

I will now ask you to PM me which of these two you would prefer- and don't worry, I won't take offense if you choose xJownage's; it's a bloody good submission. xJownage, don't bother PM'ing me, because I'm assuming our votes will cancel each other's out. The other four changes have already been decided, so I'm sorry if you didn't find the time to cast your votes. I will reveal them along with the winner of this poll.

This will be open until 6:30 PM tomorrow, so you have 24 hours. Go!

By one vote, xJownage's Knock Off submission has won! In descending order of most votes received, here are the winners:

xJownage 1: Knock off is now 40 BP and still gets the 1.5x boost.
Emerald Master 1: Pokemon with Infiltrator are immune to all entry hazards.
MegaGallade 2: Poison is now supereffective against Water.
a__man 1: Normal now resists Fairy.
nightsitter 2: Florges is now Fairy/Grass type.

I like this as a first round because everyone who submitted got one winner. How do you think these changes will impact the meta? Two Pokemon that I think were particularly buffed are Crobat and Florges. Crobat is now immune to SR so he can Defog and U-Turn freely, and Florges' Flower Veil now has incredible use in singles.

On a different note, does anyone have any suggestions for where this could be implemented? It'd be hard to move on to next month's nomination and voting phase without a taste of the new meta.

Slayer95 codes a lot of OMs and hosts it on his server, Pandora. Since there are so few changes in this mod, it seems like it wouldn't be too much to ask for his assistance?

By one vote, xJownage's Knock Off submission has won! In descending order of most votes received, here are the winners:

xJownage 1: Knock off is now 40 BP and still gets the 1.5x boost.
Emerald Master 1: Pokemon with Infiltrator are immune to all entry hazards.
MegaGallade 2: Poison is now supereffective against Water.
a__man 1: Normal now resists Fairy.
nightsitter 2: Florges is now Fairy/Grass type.

I like this as a first round because everyone who submitted got one winner. How do you think these changes will impact the meta? Two Pokemon that I think were particularly buffed are Crobat and Florges. Crobat is now immune to SR so he can Defog and U-Turn freely, and Florges' Flower Veil now has incredible use in singles.

On a different note, does anyone have any suggestions for where this could be implemented? It'd be hard to move on to next month's nomination and voting phase without a taste of the new meta.
I can't believe my idea got accepted

I can't believe my idea got accepted
That was actually one of my own top votes because it makes fringe-OU Pokemon like Chandelure, Crobat, and Noivern more viable.

Another interesting buff is that of Landorus-I. Now with Sludge Wave, he can OHKO so many of the water types that used to check him, such as AV Azu.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Scizor confirm for best Knock Off user with strong 90 BP Knock Offs (Technician boosts 40 to 60, and then Knock Off bonus boosts 60 to 90) off of its tasty attack stat.

Also the Poison buff is nice too. Next thing to buff is Ice imo and maybe Bug (fug fairies ;_;)

EDIT: lol Azumarril is now 4x weak to Poison gg nerd

Even if Scizor is the best user of Knock Off, it still lost power (97/65 to 90/60). Non-technician mons get a pretty big nerf (to 60/40) but at least now some pokemon will use Crunch.

It's convenient that Infiltrator users are frail so they appreciate Focus Sash even more that usual. All of the pokemon who regularly use the ability are weak to SR so it's really nice for them.

Poison technically got buffed offensively (more SE coverage) and defensively (resists a type that was improved offensively). Improves some lackluster bulky waters like Empoleon and Tentacruel.

Normal resisting fairy is relatively minor, but allows some pokemon like Staraptor to comfortably switch in to some pokemon. Notably, blobs aren't too affected since they didn't care about fairy attacks anyway.

Grass on Florges is a mixed bag, because resistance to Water, Ground, Grass and Electric is balanced by weakness to Fire and Flying. Flower Veil is still really nice, being immune to Sticky Web and Poison. Also gives a slightly better use of Grass Terrain, and immunity to Leech Seed and Powder moves are nice.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Crobat looks really good right now, thanks to the Infiltrator buff. It can't really use the poison buff that much (yet, wait for that Gunk Shot Crobat submission ;) ), but the immunity to hazards makes it really good. Sadly it can't really abuse Focus Sash that much due to Brave Bird being its best stab (See my other parenthesis :D), but it still really appreciates it. It can either run the stallbreak set or its traditional Defog set. Hell, even a banded set could work really well. Chandelure is the other big winner imo (Noivern would be but it has other issues outside of the SR weakness, but it did get buffed), since it can now run a specs or scarf set pretty well in OU without getting hammered by rocks. This is great because Chandelure is an otherwise great Pokemon. Of course, it still suffers from its low speed, but I feel that Chandelure is definitely a lot better now. Oh, and Ninjask getting it could mean its no longer completely outclassed by Scolipede, so yay? It's still not that great though, but at least rocks don't murder it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)