SS OU Sticky Web Sweepers - Back to comp after Gen 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Haven't played competitively since X/Y and I'm trying it again now. I'm breeding a lot of mons in game but still don't know what to breed for a special wall (don't have a Regenerator Pex yet), so I'd like suggestions, if you think I should have a special wall on my team. BTW, my OU in-game team looks like this at the moment:

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 208 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Body Press

Corsola-Galar @ Eviolite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Night Shade

Toxtricity-Low-Key @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Overdrive
- Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch

I just bred mons I liked and that I had the chance to get with good IVs from raids, without thinking thoroughly about team strategy, weaknesses and coverage. My main strategy is to Stick Web the enemy field and unleash my beasts. What do you guys think about it? What does it lack, what should I replace and with?

I also have these mons competitive-ready: Mold Breaker Excadrill, Mixed Attacker Dragapult, Dual Screener Dragapult, Shell Smash Polteageist and Adamant Diggersby. Not sure what to make of them (besides Excadrill, which is so good).

And a quick question: I'm going to breed a Hawlucha next, since I got some good ones, but I don't know exactly how terrain seeds work (haven't played Gen 7 competitive). Are they consumed FOREVER after one use? I only have one of each in game, so that wouldn't be viable.

Thanks so much for your attention. BTW sorry about my english, not a native speaker.

Last edited:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Reactions: TPP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)