Non-Pokébank OU Sticky Webs HO Peaked #1 ELO 1856

Hey guys, this will oficially be my first rmt on smogon. I've been playing competetive mons for the last 2 years which is not a long time compared to some of the veterans on this site, but i feel like I've learnt a lot during that time. This HO helped me peak the prebank ou ladder. It's extremely fun to use and very offensive in nature. This team is REALLY good versus the standard fini, celesteela, marrowak, lele teams on the ladder.

So, without further ado lets get into the team.

Proof of Peak:

Both Xurkitree and Kartana are extreme powerhouses with the drawback of having mediocre defense and speed tiers. I wanted to see if i could patch this weakness up in some way.

I added smeargle as the third member because it's the best webs setter in prebank, and the lack of good hazard removal this meta allows for xurkitree and kartana to make up for their lackluster speed.

Both these mons struggle with bulky grass types and buzzswole without setup, so pinisr was a good pick here. Plus it offers valuable priority.

Scarf Lele is extremely good in both postbank and prebank. It is a godsend for this team against offense incase webs couldn't go up for some reason.

Mimikyu was added as a spinblocker and a failsafe against opposing sweepers initially.

I replaced mimikyu for zygarde as i have no switch in to celesteela and magnezone gets free volt switches and huge hits off on the team.Plus it offers me a great option versus more defensive teams that like to spread status.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore /Magic Coat /Nuzzle

Smeargle is the best webs setter in prebank right now. You can lead out with it, in the majority of matchups and it outspeeds and taunts common defoggers like tapu fini and mandibuzz. Always prioritize webs over rocks unless the opposing team is already very slow. I prefer Spore especially if you're running zygarde over mimikyu as it prevents smeargle from being set up fodder. Nuzzle is an option if you don't wanna get shut downn by taunt, but i prefer spore because It's still a speed tie v opposing smeargle and you're not leading v a faster taunter anyway. Plus spore lets you completely shut down an opposing mon.

Xurkitree @ Shuca Berry Leftover /Expert Belt /Electric Seed
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam /Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]​

Xurkitree is the mon that usually ends up winning me the majority of games. There are very few pokemon in the game that can take a +3 attack from this beast. It scares out a lot of common defoggers and can set up a free tail glow in the process. HP ground is great to lure in marrow which opens up a lot of options for a kartana sweep if xurkitree goes down. Why leftovers? Because i honestly couldn't find a better item for it. LO doesn't net any noticable kos and just wears it down to be picked of by priority. Electric seed shenanigans could be fun though, but I haven't really tried it. Gleam is better for chomp and zygarde. E ball is pretty much only for gastrodon.

EDIT: shout out to showdown user kruzynn for coming up with this heat set(It actually works really well).

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Kartana has sky high attack with decent stats everywhere else except for spdef. It gets chances to set up on mons like mamoswine and scarfchomp, while also scaring out fini. Z-Sacred sword is great lure as it ohkoes skarmory, celesteela and mandibuzz after rocks. Which opens up a lot of potential for pinsir to clean late game.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake

SUMO is a metagame where it isn't necessary to run a mega on every team, but pinsir just fits so well here. Hyper Cutter isn't required as the only intimidate mon prebank is gyarados. Moxie is really useful for getting a free plus one boost on weakened mons. This mon is great for getting of big hits, and using prio to pick of annoying mons like pheromosa. Webs allows it to beat one of its most annoying checks this gen in scarf lele.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Lele in my honest opinion is the best mon SUMO brought us (Not counting power construct zygarde). The massive boon in being able to get a free specs boost on psychic type attacks while being immune to priority is insane. This allows scarf lele to beat offense like no other scarfer can. It has a great offensive typing and also gets off huge hits while still being faster than a lot of common offensive pokemon. It also outspeeds scarf pheromosa which is a problem for this team.​

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 168 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed /Toxic

Zygarde is the only member on this team I'm not confident about. It was added to stop magnezone from coming in on lele and getting free volt switches, along with being a switch in to celesteela which is a problem to this team otherwise. It has the utility of priority and it's really good against bulkier status spreading teams. The spread is a unique one i made, the speed is outspeed tapu koko after webs, and the hp number prevents chansey from breaking the sub with s toss. The rest go into spdef.​

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

I changed between zygarde and mimikyu frequenty while laddering, and I'm still not sure which fits better, although i have to give the edge to zygarde.
Red card Mimikyu prevents me from getting swept by opposing sweepers, while also having the really useful utility of being a spinblocker.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang / Earthquake
- Swords Dance / Substitute

Shoutout to streams for this amazing suggestion of alolan marowak, as it covers the role of both mimikyu and zygarde.But it does have the downside of getting worn down easily via hazards and recoil.

Rapid spinners are a big problem for this team, especially with the zygarde version of the team. If the opposing team has a dhelmise and tsareena, and if the phero hasn't been confirmed as non rapid spin I wouldn't lead smeargle. After the spinner has been dealt with bring it in on a double versus something it can set up webs on.

Opposing smeargle matchups are a pain without magic coat.

Choice scarf Pheromosa gets a special mention because it can still outspeed everything on the team even after webs. Have to rely on either lele or priority to kill it.

Even with magic coat, lead lycanroc always poses a threat because its a 50-50 whether they go for taunt or edge the first turn. But, 9 times outta 10 coat is the play. And it should be prety obvious that you don't lead smeargle versus this thing if you're not packing coat.

CONCLUSION & TIPS:
This team took me a while to build, after a lot of testing. Feel free to take your own take and spin on the squad. Offensive synergy is always harder to build than defensive synergy imo, and I feel It's always good to keep experimenting.
This team is extremely Hyper Offensive and therefore has to be played aggressively. The team is built in a way for every member to break, for another member to clean late game. The team revolves around keeping sticky webs up, this involves making doubles into a mon that will scare out the defogger if you believe your opponent is about to switch into it. It involves getting free set up on a switch and luring in counters to other mons on the team. Don't try to set up at every opurtunity, sometimes getting of damage is important for another mon to clean late game.
Again, this teams stategy revolves around webs but it can definitey function without them. Regardless, you should attempt to keep webs up while playing this team.
Example: If you're in on pinsir against a buzzswole and there's a fini or mandibuzz in the back, consider doubling out to xurkitree to prevent defog.
Aggresive plays do not always mean good plays. Always gauge the positives to the negatives while making such plays. Smogon has great supplements on what constitutes a good aggressive play versus a bad one, and when to make such plays. I would highly recommend reading them, although gauging these sort of plays comes mostly down to experience.
Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike

Xurkitree @ Shuca Berry
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Pinsir (F) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 168 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Extreme Speed
- Coil

if you don't wanna run zygarde, use

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

or

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

i faced stall a few times but didn't save replay :(
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-486424462 what xurxitree does most games
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-499399616 v standard bulky offense
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-499406402 v popular rmt
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-499419272 v opposing sticky webs
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-486413875 v opposing webs 2.0
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-499985925 red card mimikyu saves me
Wish I had more replays to show you guys

BHARATH_THEBEST
Dokkerich(Check out his yt)
patlop2307
Dende(A.K.A Denis)

I wanna thank these guys for supporting me.

Last edited:
Hey dude. First off I'd like to say excellent team. This is really good, and its cool to see something like a fighting z move on kartana to bait. There isnt too much to change on this team, however I do see one small problem you have already addressed.

Rapid Spin, in particular Dhelmise, is super hard to stop. Sure you can play aggro to pressure it, but it has the ability to come directly into smeargle. For this reason, I would go Mimikyu > Zygarde. Mimikyu is a really good offensive spin blocker, however you should play it carefully as Dhelmise can ohko it (disguise is good, however you cannot kill one without an sd, so a good read can pressure you out).

252 Atk Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dhelmise: 180-212 (52.3 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Steelworker Dhelmise Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mimikyu: 390-462 (155.3 - 184%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Another option though would be an offensive Marowak. Not only does Marowak get the spin blocker that you desired from mimikyu, it is also a solid answer to magnezone, which you said was a strong reason for using zygarde. Marowak would not only be able to pressure spinners, but it would blossom under sticky webs due to its low speed.

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone

Swords dance is a very viable option, allowing offensive attackers, however with Lele already doing this, sub may be a better option as it allows you to destroy bulkier teams. Bonemerang will hit for the same damage as earthquake, (50 * 2 = 100 haha) as well as being able to break subs with the possibility of still getting off damage. The draw back is the 90% accuracy, which is the only factor in running eq over it.

So to wrap it up:
>

or

>
/

Good luck man and I wish you the best of luck. If you have any questions or want to talk about the team, feel free to hit me up on the forums or on ps! (driver in rmt so will be easy to find me).

Hey dude. First off I'd like to say excellent team. This is really good, and its cool to see something like a fighting z move on kartana to bait. There isnt too much to change on this team, however I do see one small problem you have already addressed.

Rapid Spin, in particular Dhelmise, is super hard to stop. Sure you can play aggro to pressure it, but it has the ability to come directly into smeargle. For this reason, I would go Mimikyu > Zygarde. Mimikyu is a really good offensive spin blocker, however you should play it carefully as Dhelmise can ohko it (disguise is good, however you cannot kill one without an sd, so a good read can pressure you out).

252 Atk Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dhelmise: 180-212 (52.3 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Steelworker Dhelmise Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mimikyu: 390-462 (155.3 - 184%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Another option though would be an offensive Marowak. Not only does Marowak get the spin blocker that you desired from mimikyu, it is also a solid answer to magnezone, which you said was a strong reason for using zygarde. Marowak would not only be able to pressure spinners, but it would blossom under sticky webs due to its low speed.

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone

Swords dance is a very viable option, allowing offensive attackers, however with Lele already doing this, sub may be a better option as it allows you to destroy bulkier teams. Bonemerang will hit for the same damage as earthquake, (50 * 2 = 100 haha) as well as being able to break subs with the possibility of still getting off damage. The draw back is the 90% accuracy, which is the only factor in running eq over it.

So to wrap it up:
>

or

>
/

Good luck man and I wish you the best of luck. If you have any questions or want to talk about the team, feel free to hit me up on the forums or on ps! (driver in rmt so will be easy to find me).
Marowak is actully a great idea, I hadn't thought of it before. It does a great job of covering both mimikyu and zygarde's role on the team. Thank's for the suggestion :)

Last edited:
Ooooh, so YOU'RE the devil that built this team that keeps kicking my ass on the ladder! I might have to give this heat a go on a live since it features a bunch of my favorite mons.

Ooooh, so YOU'RE the devil that built this team that keeps kicking my ass on the ladder! I might have to give this heat a go on a live since it features a bunch of my favorite mons.
Lol Doakes I'd love if you'd use this in a live. I've been subscribed since the joltik and rohep lives all the way to the shadoakes days. P.S I've had my ass kicked by this team while testing new stuff on the ladder as well :)

Just want to point out that your Zygarde HP evs do not make 101 HP subs. You need at least 188 investment for that.

I'm running the team with Marowak and really liking it. I've made two changes:

Smeargle is slow enough that it rarely gets off two hazards, let alone have time to Spore.

On top of Sticky Web and Stealth Rock, I'm running Magic Coat to counter hazard leads, and my spicy tech is Beak Blast.

It's a pretty janky move, but if the enemy hits you with a contact attack, it's effectively a priority will-o-wisp. It's good against a Pheremosa or Scizor, and I've been running into some Tapu Bulu leads that don't like being burned. Baneful Bunker is similar, but I think less effective. Something for Smeargle to do on his way out.

(This makes him kind of setup bait, and if that's a concern you can change magic coat out for taunt or haze, but I've had good luck with it)

I've also been running Rock Head > Lightningrod on Marowak. This team doesn't have a particular problem with electric moves but it really wants Marowak to stay alive to sweep. (As a bonus, lots of people expect or don't want to risk Lightningrod, so in practice they don't throw a lot of zaps your way).

Last edited:
Great team. Having a lot of fun running it. I do have issues with Metagross-Mega though. Clear Body negates web, and there isn't anything that outspeeds it aside from Tapu Lele. Due to its bulk HP Fire most of the time doesn't 2HKO it, and I get 1HKO by STAB'd steel moves. Is Marowak or Xurkitree the answer here? I'm fairly certain (just from recent memory - could be wrong) that Metagross will 1HKO Marowak, so I wouldn't be able to trade with a Flare Blitz, and I think I run into the same problem with Lele on Xurki, I can't 1HKO with HP Ground.

Any insights?

I have found that this team has troubles switching into Tapu lele, has anybody else found this, and has anybody found a way to counter it?

Wow not my kind of team but a good team and, I tried and devastating and although I use it better, being used to playing balanced team or Rain / Stall teams still have to get us used to it, and the only one who cmq Zygarde makes me turn up their noses at the moment I do not and never help at all, there would be another pkm that can help the team better than he?

I just created an account so i can say I hate this team as much as I love the sheer offensiv power it provides.

The first 3 times i had to battle it i was so frustrated and i obviously lost.

One of the players who used it even claimed it was his idea after i talked to him.

But after that i could adapt to it and i saw having sableye-mega and scarfed gengar works pretty well forcing him to lead with lele if he doesn't want to be annoyed to death by sableye and there the mind games begin will i go for shadow ball or sludge bomb? And sometimes they even stay in just to die to gengar :D

The treat of 4 mons setting up on you and the absurd power of lele is what scared me the most about it i even put taunt on sableye so i can stop the snek from coiling up on me xD

I am way to much of a scaredicat to use this team but i really admire the creativity that was put into it

Great team. Having a lot of fun running it. I do have issues with Metagross-Mega though. Clear Body negates web, and there isn't anything that outspeeds it aside from Tapu Lele. Due to its bulk HP Fire most of the time doesn't 2HKO it, and I get 1HKO by STAB'd steel moves. Is Marowak or Xurkitree the answer here? I'm fairly certain (just from recent memory - could be wrong) that Metagross will 1HKO Marowak, so I wouldn't be able to trade with a Flare Blitz, and I think I run into the same problem with Lele on Xurki, I can't 1HKO with HP Ground.

Any insights?
So after some theory-crafting I was able to find out that if we swap out SD on Pinsir-Mega for Bulk Up, a +1 Pinsir can guarantee a 2HKO with EQ and can tank two hits from Metagross. Its pretty dependent on predicting the switch and getting a free Bulk Up, as well as not getting too damaged from rocks, but it is the best that I could come up with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)