SM UU Story of my Life

Primarina Sprite.png

Introduction

This team was created Post-Zeraora drop and it represents my hard work I put in UU for a while. "Story of my Life" shows how much I have improved as a person and a player since joining UU

Teambuilding Process

I started off with an NP Fightinium-Z Lucario set because it was pretty effective even if not used too much

One of Lucario's main struggles is it being a steel type, yet not resisting which lets it be easily beaten by the likes of Latias. A fast pursuit user in the form of Mega Aerydactol was able to lessen that problem.

Rotom-Heat is able to check Superpower Scizor which is able to sweep through the Mega Aero+Lucario core as well as giving the team a defogger which can help out Mega-Aerodactyl

Zeraora had just dropped and it threatened most of my team so Nidoqueen was put to check Zeraora, provide a ground type, Toxic Spikes absorber, and a solid Rocker.
1540134962827.png

I realized that I lacked a pivot other than Rotom-Heat for fire types and a pivot for any water types, Defensive Primarina solved that problem and is able to reliably pivot and gain back health with Rest.
1540134897715.png

Scizor is able to take on Latias and other Psychics thanks to its combination of Pursuit and U-Turn providing more support for Lucario, and generally being a great pokemon.

A Closer Look

Lucario @ Fightinium Z

Ability: Inner Focus

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Nasty Plot

- Focus Blast

- Flash Cannon/Dark Pulse

- Vacuum Wave

NP Lucario is an underrated but potent wallbreaker, getting to monstrous levels with 1 Nasty Plot. With a boosted All-Out Pummeling, it can nuke anything that stays in if its affected. Flash Cannon can hit the likes of Togekiss which would be able to 1v1 Lucario if not. Focus Blast is a high damage, low reliable move that can do a lot if it hits. Vacuum Wave gives Lucario priority that it needs to finish up weakened mons such as Zeraora, which it wouldn't be able to otherwise. Dark Pulse is an option used over Flash Cannon to hit ghosts and psychic types such as the aformentioned Latias but Flash Cannon is useful to hit Fairies.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite

Ability: Unnerve

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Pursuit

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Wing Attack/Aqua Tail

Lucario does not resist Psychic, which lets the likes of Latias and Slowbro pick it up especially if its not running Dark Pulse, though they have to be wary of a All-Out Pummeling. Mega Aerodactyl is able to outspeed and trap Latias for Lucario and beat Zeraora, a huge threat in the metagame and to Lucario. The EdgeQuake combo is used to cover eachothers weaknesses with EQ covering notable electric types such as Zeraora and Rock types, while Stone Edge covers Ice types and notably Rotom-Heat which is immune to EQ. Wing Attack is used in the last slot to beat Fighting types such as Infernape and heavily damage Amoonguss which is able to 6-0 the team once a few mons are down. Aqua Tail can be used over Wing Attack but Wing Attack is preferred to take down Amoonguss.

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 236 HP / 16 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Defog

- Overheat

- Volt Switch

- Toxic

Rotom-Heat is a great Superpower Scizor check which is able to sweep through over half the team using BP+Superpower/Z Superpower. Rotom also provides the team a defogger which can lessen up pressure on Mega-Aerodactyl and let Spikes-stack not overwhelm the team. A slow Volt-Switch also lets in Lucario and lets it set up on mons that are passive against it such as Blissey.

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge

Ability: Sheer Force

EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 Spe

Bold Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Toxic Spikes

- Earth Power

- Sludge Wave

I needed a rocker and I was very Zeraora weak apart from Rotom-Heat which was susceptible to a Knock Off or a Close Combat from it. I chose Nidoqueen which was able to check Zeraora, be a great rocker, T-Spiker and absorber, and a Volt-Switch blocker. Adding on to that, Nidoqueen can fire off Sheer Force boosted STABs in Sludge Wave and Earth Power. Nidoqueen provided a fighting spam resist that beat Cobalion and Terrakion notably.
Primarina Sprite.png

Primarina @ Leftovers

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

Bold Nature

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

- Moonblast

- Scald

I realized I lacked a great pivot to Water and Fire types and dragon (:CLANGER:) spam hurt me a lot. Defensive Primarina was a perfect answer to all three and especially better as it is able to fully abuse Rest+Sleep Talk to its full advantage all while being another Latias check for Lucario. Primarina is basically my main pivot to all Fires, Waters, and for the most part Dragons.

Scizor @ Choice Band

Ability: Technician

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch

- U-turn

- Superpower

- Pursuit

Scizor is yet another Latias check and a slower Pursuiter that can trap nearly as well as Mega-Aerodactyl. Classic BP Spam is annoying for a lot of the metagame and a choiced U-Turn can chip something a good bit. A slow U-Turn also allows Lucario in for free against the aforementioned Blissey and forms a solid slow Volt-Turn core with Rotom-Heat. Superpower can hit steels such as Mega Steelix or Mega Aggron that allows it to crucially weaken them for a late game NP Lucario sweep.

Threats
Amonguss
Other than Overheat on Rotom and Wing Attack on Mega Aerodactyl, not much else can beat the Spore+HP Fire combination.

Hippowdon
Hippowdon is able to wall a lot of the team especially when Primarina is gone.

Bulky Waters
Bulky waters, especially Suicune and Slowbro can Calm Mind up on almost anything and Rest to beat off any status such as Toxic.

Sharpedo
If Lucario or Scizor is down or even if they are still up and Sharpedo is at a good amount of health, it is able to sweep through the team .

Kommo-o(CLANGER)
DD Kommo-o is extremely scary even if I have Primarina due to Poison Jab OHKOing if even a little prior chip has been given on Primarina.

Conclusion

Thanks to a lot of the UU community that has been my home for the past few months and specifically Accelgor and DraconicLepus for Accelgor being my tutor and both being huge inspiration sources to me and always encouraging me to do good even when I was down.

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Wing Attack/Aqua Tail

EVs: 236 HP / 16 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Primarina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Scald

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

https://pokepast.es/a73dad00823f4e02

Thanks~

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey! This is a super dope team, looks like something I'd build lmao. I've been spamming tf out of Lucario and Nidoqueen recently so I can definitely fuck w/ this. In fact my first RMT was built around NP Luke + Maero. You've improved a lot, Accelgor is doing a great job as expected and I'm glad to see DraconicLepus is being of help too, both very cool people. Anyways this team actually looks really solid, a little Lati weak but that's not too big of an issue, the main issue I see here is the struggle against ghosts, mainly Chandelure. Maero is a good suiter vs ghosts but that's primarily in sandstorm, it can't really switch into Shadow Ball when rocks are up if sandstorm isn't up. This isn't too big of a deal since ghosts, specifically chandelure, are kinda meh rn. But it's a notable issue when your wincon is hard walled by it. I really only have one major change so let's get into it.

- I went with Scarf Hydreigon > Maero on this team for several reasons. It's synergy with the rest of the team is just super perfect because it forms a staple U-Turn core in drei + Scizor. It also forms a good pivot + rocker duo in Nidoq + Drei, drei U-Turns on incoming fairies and gives Nidoqueen a free turn to set hazards or just click a stab for damage. The main reason for doing drei > maero tho is because drei is a pretty reliable ghost check, especially to Chandelure which is the main shit we're lookin at rn. We have pursuit support in Scizor and a bird check in Rotom-H so we can afford to drop Maero for Drei w/o losing anything really... oh and drei also pressures bulky waters while Maero is hard walled nwn. Set is standard.
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Smaller changes:
- I just made the Scizor spread a bit bulkier because it's really the only thing that can reliably answer Latias on this team. I crept Klefki and dumped the rest of the evs into Hp (164 Hp / 252 Atk / 92 Spe). Max max is just unnecessary these days as very few Scizors are running max speed.
- I made the Rotom-H spread 236 Hp / 20 SpA / 252 Spe. What this does is give a guaranteed OHKO on Celebi after rocks which I think could be very valuable for this team considering the psych z set w/ dgleam can tear through this team a lot of the time.

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

That's p much it, Lati m/u can still be annoying but just try to play aggressive and if you play it right you shouldn't have too much of an issue unless you run into the rare Hp Fire Lati. I really like drei on this team, it synergizes super well. Also don't worry about the shark matchup, you have luke + def prima which is more than enough, trust. Just lmk if you have any issues with it im always down to talk nwn, you are lucky to have the tutor u have so make sure you thank him next time you talk to him. Good shit bro.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cool team! I really like it so I didn't change much, although I did have some ideas that might help the team get better.
  • My only big change was Rotom-Mow > Rotom-Heat. Yes, I know this makes the team slightly weaker to Amoonguss, don't worry about that though. Rotom-Mow improves the team's matchup against the aforementioned bulky Water- and Ground-types, and I figured that Rotom-Heat's unique typing wasn't as necessary here because Mega Aerodactyl can switch into Flying-types and Mamoswine, Scizor, and Primarina are all capable of checking Mamoswine.
  • I changed Nidoqueen's spread to be able to outspeed a max Speed neutral Scizor and changed Flamethrower > Sludge Wave to reliably hit it. Furthermore, alternatively to Toxic Spikes, you can also Counter. Counter allows you to lure in Mega Sharpedo and Kommo-o into hitting you and reflect back the hit and potentially KO them. Lastly, I changed Bug Bite > Pursuit on Scizor. That way, Scizor has a more immediate and reliable way of punishing bulky Water-types and Amoonguss. Furthermore, I felt like Pursuit isn't as necessary with Mega Aerodactyl having it.
  • I don't think that the Amoonguss matchup is that tough with Mega Aerodactyl, Scizor, and Lucario. Once a sleep fodder has been used, Lucario freely sets up on Amoonguss. Both Scizor and Mega Aerodactyl offensively pressure it, and Nidoqueen sets up Stealth Rock on it.

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave

Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Wing Attack

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Pain Split

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Primarina @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Scald

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Feel free to leave any question here, good luck and I hope that the rate has helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)