Strategy Analysis: The last Pokémon

the writeup is pretty

I can't count how many times I've used swampy like this even though he's my lead though, rips through a lot of stall teams without celeri after he cant get roared :[

Also for lax sleep talk (with resttalk/DE/curse or even a non cursing resttalker) is pretty good for this too.

Gyarados and other dragon dancers are good last Pokemon too.

Curselax is a nightmare as last Pokemon T_T (you will need luck to beat it)

Curse/Sleep Talk/Rest/Return Snorlax is cool but you need even more support beforehand to kill ALL Normal resists on the opponent's team. Nonetheless, I will add it.

I mentioned Salamence, but I don't really think Tyranitar and Gyarados are much better as last Pokémon - generally you don't counter them by phazing (they have Taunt anyway), but by using resistances (Claydol, Flygon, Donphan for Tyranitar and Zapdos, Aerodactyl, and again Donphan for Gyarados).

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mention Encore. Encore their Calm Mind/Curse and they are as good as dead, as long as you're hitting them for enough damage or somehow removed Leftovers recovery. Encorezam>Curselax go

Isn't Destiny bond a counter? The only pokemon Gengar with Dbond has troubles to beat is Celebi with Leech Seed, but, Substitute get rids of it. Aerodactyl with Sub, is a Pain for weakened teams, as it can hit everything for a nice damage, once I was going for a 6-0 when an Aero killed my whole team with a bit of Flinchs.
Same goes for Jolteon.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's not hard to beat DBond Gengar with Sub, you can keep breaking the subs until its HP is low, then you Leech Seed. Requires some prediction though.

Cookie Crumbz said:
It's not hard to beat DBond Gengar with Sub, you can keep breaking the subs until its HP is low, then you Leech Seed. Requires some prediction though.
You can predict it the same way you opponent can predict your prediction and seriously you will think: "oh, now it can't sub and I will kill it" won't imagine it carries DB like 90% of the times

gj But also DDMence is a good last pokemon 2HKOing most bulky waters with spikes after a DD

If the last Pokemon is something that only has one attack move, like Surf Suicune, PP wasting can screw it over. Suicune/Suicune matches can end like this, which is why Suicune pretty much always carries Roar in conjunction with Spikes.

BTW, nobody ever used Chesto berry. At all. Mint Berry was used some in GSC, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)