SS OU Stunfisk Salazzle team (1700ish peak)

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 8 SpA / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Discharge

Stunfisk started out as more of a joke, but it's been doing some work lately. With this ev spread, it survives a large variety of attacks, notably, 3HKO by Pyro ball, and survives +2 Alakazam psychic or +2 Gengar shadow ball. Thats not even getting into the fact that this thing hard walls Zeraora, as grass knot variants dont do any damage. An added bonus is static, which can sometimes cripple Cinderace thinking it can U-turn free. Although fun, I think it a bit lacking and was wondering if maybe Rhyperior is better?

Primarina @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Moonblast

SubCM sets absolutely destroy any Mandibuzz that wants to switch in, as it is usually the answer to the Rillaboom on this team. I simply setup in its face and usually take a solid chunk out of their team. It also helps a lot with Volcarona, although it does get crushed by giga drain variants. I was also wondering what i could possibly do about the EV spread. I put max def so it could deal with both urshifu variants, but I find it lacking speed sometimes, as i get toxiced by mandibuzz packing it and immediately get oustalled.

Salazzle @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Corrosion
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower

Corrosion helps a lot with toxapex, as if it gets toxiced, Primarina sets up for free and almost always immediately wins. Nasty Plot actually allows me to break through Blissey in and out of sun, and lets me plow through some slower teams. The boots along with grassy surge give this mon surprising longevity, even though its defenses are absolutely pitiful.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- High Horsepower

Grassy Surge helps alot of my team members stay healthy through residual damage, especially primarina, who heals subs back really fast. Choice band is there to try to bust holes in the opponent, and is capable of revenge killing weakened cinderace, magerna and dragapult, becuase of the buttloads of damage. Its U-Turn is my main way of trying to get momentun so things that wall it like mandibuzz and ferrothorn switching in are met with Salazzle, putting me in an increbile position, usually early in the game.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Defog
Standard defogger, and also pretty much my only reliable answer to cinderace or Rillaboom, which is the reasoning for going full defense. Does its job pretty well, although sometimes the Ev spread is lacking VS special attacks, although it doesnt usually switch into many of them.

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

The only reason this mon was put on the team is to attempt to beat chansey, and so far its done ok. This team consistenly is unable to wallbreak chansey, and aegislash cannot be damaged by any of that fattys common moves. (Except serene grace ice beam, it happened) Swords dance helps with breaking through things that want to switch in after chansey cant do anything, and balloon is there so that hippowdon lacking rock tomb and defensive Kommo-o cant damage it. What I'm wondering is is there a way to better use this mon?

Overall I feel like the members of the team come together really well to beat most matchups, although chansey and venusaur in sun cause me a lot of problems. Stunfisk is honestly hilarious to win with, but I can part with it if Rhyperior seems to be the better option for that slot.

First time posting so any tips are appreciated.

(Bump) I assume this is how you bump, but I've recently subbed out stufisk for rhyperior, but I'd still like to improve the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)