Such a Sunny Day... and it's mine... The most sunniest day in my life #1 DW

Hello peoples thanks for checking this team out. I had 2 teams already make it to # 1 a rain team abusing genesect/scizor U-turns and a stall team with skarm/bliss. I get bored so I make new teams so this is my Sun Team.

Ninetales (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The staple of the sun teams. Besides setting up sun Ninetales has good speed and can get decent coverage. Hypnosis is risky but the benefits are awesome in sleeping a counter. Fire blast is almost staple and godly in the sun. Energy ball for waters that switch in. HP Ice is for dragons but I might want to switch that with HP Fighting for tars.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

First poke I love for in the sun. Its main use is trapping and getting rid of problem pokes... But besides that late game it can sweep through teams with a boosted flame thrower. Shadow ball for lati twins and ghost types Energy ball for waters and HP ice again for dragons.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- V-create
- Wild Charge
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

I think V-create is just stupid in how powerful it is in the sun. Being scarfed lets me get 2 in sometimes. Its powerful enough to 2hko a lot of waters. Wild charge is there for to take out waters. Zen Headbutt is there to KO fighting types especially Keldeo. U-turn is there to scout and switch to a counter.

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 220 Atk / 80 SAtk / 208 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Growth
- Power Whip
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

My big sweeper. Enough speed to beat scarf garchomps. That fast of a sleep powder should almost be banned. Growth after the sleep boosts both my atks to high stats. Power whip and sludge bomb lets me hit on both physical/special side and get good stab.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252Hp / 248 Def / 8spd
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Toxic

So up until now the team has been pretty standard/cookie sun team. But this is where I start changing it to my own liking. Bliss is awesome at dealing with Politoed and most waters trying to wall my fire types. Stealth rock and Toxic lets me slowly drain their HP til they are In KO range of my sweepers. Softboiled for stalling and Seismic toss to put pressure on special sweepers to switch out before they get KO.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Protect

Bliss handling waters I need something to deal with fighting types and those getting boosted by sandstorm. Gliscor can stop conkeldurr setting up take outrages from garchomp take + 2 return and rock slide from excadrill and still Ko it even with air baloon. Fling to hit its counters is just a added bonus. EQ deals good damage to tar Acro hits fighting types really nice along with lati twins. Protect is awesome for scouting especially against Genesect and lets me recover Hp

Thanks for reading any suggestions comments appreciated

Nice, I always hate facing you and that fat pink bitch, such a pain if I haven't got rain up :P

Fusion Bolt is legal on Victini if you download the new PO client, definitely use that over Wild Charge because it has more power and no recoil.

I know a lot of your team has no trouble with Steels, but when using Venusaur I always found that HP Fire / EQ was always more effective than Sludge Bomb so that it could handle Steels itself, mostly Skarm and Ferrothorn. HP Fire for those kinds of Steels, EQ if you aren't concerned about Skarm/Ferro and would rather hit other Fires like Heatran. But of course if Sludge Bomb has been working well there's no reason to change it.

When I used Venusaur with Lefties I always ran 12 HP EVs just for a round Lefties number that would yield 19 HP recovery / turn, but that will almost never matter in the end, so just a minor thing. However, since Venusaur is a great switch-in to most Water types on rain teams, Lonely might work better than Naughty to take Surfs and Hydro Pumps more easily.

As you said, HP Fighting/WoW on Ninetales over HP Ice - Chandelure and Gliscor together can handle a lot of Dragons anyway and both of those moves are great for denting or crippling TTar, its worst enemy. I also think it doesn't need max Spe, 160 Spe reaches 303 which allows you to change the weather and revenge Excadrill. Extra HP is great for 'Tales because it's so damn frail.

I'm glad someone besides me runs Flamethrower over FB/Overheat on Chandelure. There's no worse feeling than missing and getting frozen by a Genesect's second Ice Beam.

Finally, just out of curiosity, how do you deal with Spikes/SR? Whenever I used sun I hated Spikes with a passion - I'd lose a ton of matches just because they were there.

My good buddy I think we have like half of the top 20 teams in DW lol.

Thanks for the Venusaur thing originally I just put the team together fast. The evs and nature should help.

Steels against venusaur I usually just sleep them. Hp Fire and EQ leaves me weak against against thundurus and latias/latios. It sucks having to choose moves when using growth + sleep powder.

Thanks a lot on the victini now I won't be killing myself after SR + wild charge lol.

Chandlure already has amazing SPA I see no point in getting greedy especially in the sun to boost flamethrower. Being consistant and getting 2 for sure hits is more important.

Against leads like forretress I know most of the time its custap berry with sturdy I lead with victini and u-turn to chandlure. Even if its leftovers Forry u do enough damage to make sure its not at 100%. so easy trap kill. Tentacruel can be a pain in the ass but venusaur soaks up the toxic. But hazards in general I try to kill them asap. I usually have them switching in/out with bliss/gliscor and my own rocks up. Ive dominated matches against ppl in the top 20 where I dont even get the sun up once.

Terrible team, hate it..

LOL
one of the sun teams that can better cope with opposing weather. Suggestions:

1. As said Fusion Bolt is nice. Like it better for obvious reasons.
2. Flamethrower > Seismic Toss on Blissey. Sun boosted really helps and can actually hurt a lot for more than 100 damage. Maybe even experiment with Fire Blast 8D.
3. I like Overheat better than Flamethrower on Chandelure. Heaps more power can really help.
4. I agree that Ninetales would really appreciate a way to handle TTar. WoW sound better than HP FIght TBH.
5. 4 Ev's on Chandelure while seemingly uneccessary may actually be game changing :O

Nothing else to say except that I was waiting to get home from school just to rate this team :P

Good Job!

Hi. =) Just so you know this team gets absolutely butchered by Volcarona. I'm not even sure how to counter it, especially as a lead. I guess sleeping it first turn on ninetales helps, but then what? Zen headbutt doesn't do much to a defensive one and you don't have SR on any members of your team. I suggest you carry stone edge on Gliscor, but since that set is amazing at countering fighting types and the like, I would suggest using hidden power rock on Ninetails, in case you get one as a lead, because normally SR with Blissey and bam it's not a problem, but the lead volcarona screwed with me. At this stage it's really the only problem I see apart from rain teams, but that's the same thing with all weather teams to be honest. xD The changes suggested are also worth checking out, they've saved me a few times. =) Overall a pretty amazing team, unprepared teams can actually get swept by Blissey, it's hilarious. xD

with chansey, he cant run flamethrower
Did you even run any calc to affirm flamethrower > seismic toss? Seismic Toss is neutral and trustworthy, besides not hitting ghosts it equally hits anything else. It doesn't boost Heatran. It hits bulky waters gracefully. Even with Sun up Flamethrower would hit a MAX of 75 damage against a neutral pokemon with Sp. Def base 100. Or 43 dmg against a LATIOS without sp. def investiment. So, seriously. Seismic Toss > Flamethrower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)