Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a suggestion for the staff [Well, the idea may be extended to users as well]

There's this useful site called www.mywot.com , a site used for checking ratings and details of any site.

I suppose the staff could use this site and install the add-on. If any user pastes any unknown website's link in the Lobby/any other room [which could SEEM malicious], a staff member could check the site's rating and check whether the site's malicious or not.

Oh, and the users could use it as well, if they don't know anything about any site whose link has been pasted by a user [Be it in PM or a public room].

Please check the website and see its way of detecting malicious sites. They have a YouTube video for that as well.

EV

Banned deucer.
I think i'm in the right topic for making a suggestion so i'd like to suggest a metagame with VGC rules but on single 6vs6 i didn't find it is was suggested or not^^
The correct place for suggesting new metagame ideas is in the Submissions subforum of Other Metagames. However, that is not something we're looking to approve so it would no go through. If you come up with another idea, read through our Rules to see how the submission process works and then feel free to post one!

In tournament room, when a tournament is on, some players take their time to battle, and by their time, I mean 40-60 minutes sometimes,would be good if you add the results in the Pop-Out kike the msje that appears (Challenging/waiting) So we could know how is the situation cuz we arent allowed to scout.

I wanna suggest something:Smogon server should reset the names of inactive people(Unless they are well known people who contributed or won or were active on forums).Like for example if an alt is inactive for 1 year(and the owner is most probably an unknown person and inactive on forums) it should be resetted.What makes me mad is that:the names Outrage,Lord Outrage,The Outrage,The Lord Outrage,and even 0utrage are all taken and i'm the only outrage active in the community like jesus christ we can't even get a decent name over there.

Last edited:
I wanna suggest something:Smogon server should reset the names of inactive people(Unless they are well known people who contributed or won or were active on forums).Like for example if an alt is inactive for 1 year(and the owner is most probably an unknown person and inactive on forums) it should be resetted.What makes me mad is that:the names Outrage,Lord Outrage,The Outrage,The Lord Outrage,and even 0utrage are all taken and i'm the only outrage active in the community like jesus christ we can't even get a decent name over there.
This isn't happening. Specially not for "high-value" names such as "Outrage".

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
and i'm the only outrage active in the community like jesus christ we can't even get a decent name over there.
Literally every single one of these users could regularly ladder in metagames you don't play, or they could be active in rooms you don't use. You joined in 2015 and this site has been around for years. Don't complain.
holy shit it has been years hasn't it oh my god I'm trapped in PS

xJoelituh

Banned deucer.
An actual "Slow chat mod" for rooms, would be grateful when there's lag and can prevent some spam.
That can work like: /slowchat 5 (amount of seconds between messages in seconds).
Maybe this won't affect staff? Or should be set for each rank?
Even the time that the slowchat would be on? (this could be applied to modchat?)

Other examples:
/slowchat 5,users Users need to wait 5 seconds until slowchat is turned off
/slowchat 3,5,+ voices need to wait 3 seconds to send the message for 5 minutes

The ability to search a Pokemon by moves and abilities rather than just type on TeamBuilder, it would be really nice for us competitive players looking for specifics.

Psych

Formerly Royal Pains
A very simple suggestion for people like me who hate scrolling through the room list to find one or two rooms. Can we try and expand the /join command a little bit? For example, instead of typing /join Tournaments then typing /join Cosmopolitan, and then typing /join sports, could we make it so that we can type it out in one command? Such as /join Sports, Cosmopolitan, Tournaments, Game Corner, etc.

Idk how realistic this is coding wise, but I feel it could be helpful.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Can Custom Game be made a proper tier, like, a battle search for it? It'd be cool.

TI edit: Answered below

Rejected

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Can Custom Game be made a proper tier, like, a battle search for it? It'd be cool.
Custom Game isn't exactly a tier, it's more of a way to play metagames or set up certain rules that you otherwise wouldn't be able to in other standard tiers, such as running 6 moves on your Pokemon, for instance. It is also a metagame for testing, as shown by the debug text that appears throughout the battle. For these reasons, it most likely will not be getting a ladder any time soon.

I'd like to suggest room specific highlighs. I have no idea what sort of interface this would have, but it would create some flexibility with what you actually want to get notified for this. This would be especially useful for very slow rooms as a one could make it so that they are notified for every single message said in that room to help stir activity in it.

How about a slightly shorter time limit? Instead of 150 seconds perhaps 90 seconds or something similar should be the time limit.

Also, a friend list would be nice.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This feature was added just a few days ago, but a background-repeat option for the custom background you set. If I wanna set for example, my Smogon avatar as background, then the background stretching is just fine; but say that I wanna set some nice pattern as my background, that is just a 100x100px image, then it looks all pixelated.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Ability to turn off/turn on showjoins in only certain rooms. I enjoy using showjoins and they are helpful in most of my rooms, but in others, its just a wall of grey text interspersed between chat messages. Examples of this include the lobby obviously, and chinese as well, where the amount of chat is completely drowned by showjoins. This text is somewhat distracting and sometimes just takes away from chat. Maybe /showroomjoins and /hideroomjoins for rooms specifically, and then the normal /showjoins and /hidejoins for general use?

Double click on names in chat list to open PM window, clickable names in PM windows (i mean in the header of those or w/e it is called)
this is incredibly low priority, but it would be cool to have gender differences for the pokemon that have them. here's all of them: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_with_gender_differences. a good example is gyarados. male have blue whiskers, female have white whiskers. steelix that are male have two teeth, while female only have one, and so on.
Free female hippowdon and east gastro

Last edited:
I'd like PS had easier ways to make users give their suggestions: what about if a "newbie" had the greatest idea of the century and he didn't know where to post it?
Also, once I had an idea for a seasonal tier, but a moderator told me that staff only can handle seasonal, and i think this is a pity .-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)