Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Kalalokki

drowning in work
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
Sadly, when /kick got removed, /die (kicks yourelf out and leaves a funny message) got removed too.
Wish they re-implemented it, and make the message only visible to the user so people won't spam it to troll anymore.

That said, a fake /kick (maybe a /kill, to resonate with the good ol' /die) command, only putting a message mentioning that whoever you /kill'ed died in a random way, would be a good idea to implement too.
We don't really need joke commands serverside.

I would like to suggest that PS application has the ability to change where the Teams Folder is located, maybe during installation if not in the options. Its something I truly believe a clean and professional application should have. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Make it so if the mobile looses signal, you don't instantly forfeit the match.
And revise the goddamn RNG... I swear it does not work the way it should. I volunteer to take a look at it myself if needed. That video game programmer degree is not just for show.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
Make it so if the mobile looses signal, you don't instantly forfeit the match.
And revise the goddamn RNG... I swear it does not work the way it should. I volunteer to take a look at it myself if needed. That video game programmer degree is not just for show.
Players have 60 seconds to reconnect after disconnecting, or less if the regular timer was under 60. (If the timer was on in the first place.) We do this so that matches without a player have an end point.

PS code is open source, heres the RNG code link if you want to check it yourself. https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/blob/master/sim/prng.js

As silly as this suggestion may sound, I would like for this to some day become a reality.

I am requesting for a new room that is the Theatre room.

This room is for those who want to immerse themselves within performing arts. This is a room for those who are actors and dancers and want to have casual discussion on their careers or if they would like to be more in depth. This room aspires to:
  • Provide tips on acting and dancing technique and how to improve it.
  • Offer advice on auditions, to explain what to do and what NOT to do at an audition, and to recommend songs that compliment your voice.
  • Give fellow thespians a safe space for them to discuss their current issues within the show business.
  • Confess about the recent Broadway and Hollywood news.
  • Talk about musicals, plays, and movies that really showcase some brilliant actors and dancers and to also just have casual conversation on them.
  • Allow freedom and creativity within the serious profession of theatre.
  • Promote positivity and encourage fellow users in the chat to help each other out on acting and dancing.
This is the dream that I envision for this room. I will happily step up to be an amazing leader for the room and accommodate any users who join this chat. However, this is an effort that I cannot do alone. I will need other staff for this room because I am only really knowing in the acting department. After studying Stanislavsky, I use emotional recall to assist me in acting as I use my life experiences to my advantage. I will need other users to step up as mods that have exceptional acting and dancing knowledge and are known to take the craft of theatre as seriously as it is enjoyable. I will first need the mods to be on board on such a room and we can make this a reality! We, the thespians, will be glad for some representation by adding a room for us.

This concludes the post. I hope this receives some recognition. We may be a small community, but we are the strongest workers in our craft.

Suggestion (I may not be on the right forum): to reproduce maximally the "retro effect" on formats of the old generations ([Gen 1] OU, [Gen 3] UU or [Gen 5] Uber), we use the sprites and the backgrounds of the time (until then, nothing surprising). Is it possible to also have the cries of the time (before the remastering in gen 6)? With these recognizable sounds of all (Pikachu, Kyogre, Reshiram or Musharna). It seems to me that the cries on Showdown have been replaced only in 2016 (so I guess they are perfectly recoverable). It's obviously a bit cosmetic but if we can further optimize the old formats, Showdown can only be better
In the same vein as my previous proposal, I suggest as small change for the old formats the replacement of current menu sprites (since the gen 6) by oldest (gen 3 to 5). This 2012 replay clearly shows that menu sprites was replaced at the arrival of XY (and they were motionless, unlike the cartridge). If we want to optimize all the way, we can even use menu sprites of gen 2 (see this battle in Crystal) and gen 1 (see this battle in Yellow). But it's more controversial to install because they are only 37 for 251 mons in gen 2 and only 11 for 151 mons in gen 1 (the risk of confusion between mons in the interface of the Showdown battles is important). To better visualize all that, I created here the list of mons by menu sprites (for compare between generations). And finally, here we have the image bank of these famous files.

Please make a way so that in custom games you can rename moves (similar to how you can make your pokemon lvl 9999) like go into import export but next to the move right the name you want your move to be. i made one just as an example and it would be more fun because you can make theme teams

example:

ness (Arcanine)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Bashful Nature
- Toxic (pk cross)
- Agility (pk thunder)
- Flamethrower (pk fire)
- Dig (pk shield)

of course you can bame moves whatever you want i just personally wanted my arcanine to be like ness.... and i think this would be really cool and people would really like it

Is there a way for the battle timer to not be controlled by a single user? I've had some games where the my opponent would turn off the timer and turn back on the timer really quickly to refresh the timer and give himself extra time. I think a better modification for the PS layout would be that once a timer is turned on, neither player can touch it. I feel that this makes the most sense and hopefully this appeal gets through

Is there a way for the battle timer to not be controlled by a single user? I've had some games where the my opponent would turn off the timer and turn back on the timer really quickly to refresh the timer and give himself extra time. I think a better modification for the PS layout would be that once a timer is turned on, neither player can touch it. I feel that this makes the most sense and hopefully this appeal gets through
I have experienced similar things before, as well as not being able to turn off timer when the opponent started it even though they are lagging and I wanted to wait.
Something I think might work as a solution is either player can switch off the timer, but only after they make their move - this means you can't turn off the timer to waste more time because if the opponent has made a choice then the turn happens when you click a move and if not then it isn't a waste of time because neither player has moved. Idk maybe I missed a problem with this approach though.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
You can turn the timer on while its already on to force it to stay on, the timer will only turn off if both players don't want it on anymore.

I have to say it yet again: Please remove the damn disconnect timer, just let the normal battle timer run out if someone disconnects!
I just lost TWO tournaments because I got a disconnect out of nowhere - a stream running simultaneously didn't stop - and didn't manage to reconnect within 20 seconds. With just the normal timer, I would have had enough time to reconnect and play my battles.

It is such a simple change in the code, I really don't get why you haven't done that yet.

Edit: it also would be nice if I could turn the timer off after my oppoent enforced it by pressing the "stop timer" button which appears when the opponent disconnects to give him more time to reconnect as a gesture of fair play.

Kalalokki

drowning in work
make a /pokepastes command
That does what? pokepast.es is not run by PS itself either
make custom game playable without challenging please! it doesnt have to be ladder if thats the issue it can be similar to unrated random battle
With how insanely custom you can make a custom game, I don't see how you'd ever hope to get something remotely close as an actual game between two random people. Better to have it limited to challenges where you can communicate on what the game is going to be about beforehand.

Kind of a big one, but let the teambuilder have a "box center" like PO had. That way you dont have to create the same pokemon over and over again every damn time you make new teams.

Kalalokki

drowning in work
Kind of a big one, but let the teambuilder have a "box center" like PO had. That way you dont have to create the same pokemon over and over again every damn time you make new teams.
You can copy over teammates by using the Copy function, it will place them in a clipboard where you can paste them in to another team whenever you want. It is limited to one mon in said clipboard.

That does what? pokepast.es is not run by PS itself either

With how insanely custom you can make a custom game, I don't see how you'd ever hope to get something remotely close as an actual game between two random people. Better to have it limited to challenges where you can communicate on what the game is going to be about beforehand.
rip but understandable

I have a suggestion for ladder. You should add an overall ladder. So if someone is 1900 is OU and Ubers they'll be behind someone who has 1400 in all tiers. Though I do notknow how that math would work. No tier is ranked higher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)