Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

In the same vein as my previous proposal, I suggest as small change for the old formats the replacement of current menu sprites (since the gen 6) by oldest (gen 3 to 5). This 2012 replay clearly shows that menu sprites was replaced at the arrival of XY (and they were motionless, unlike the cartridge). If we want to optimize all the way, we can even use menu sprites of gen 2 (see this battle in Crystal) and gen 1 (see this battle in Yellow). But it's more controversial to install because they are only 37 for 251 mons in gen 2 and only 11 for 151 mons in gen 1 (the risk of confusion between mons in the interface of the Showdown battles is important). To better visualize all that, I created here the list of mons by menu sprites (for compare between generations). And finally, here we have the image bank of these famous files.
Nobody wants to react? Moreover HoeenHero, what does it become the request about the old cries? Is it still a feasible option?

Dont know if this was already suggested,but my suggestion is a command to save rooms,like /hl add. People who use multiple rooms(more than 10) have a hard time joining all their rooms of interest w/ the /j command. So making a roomlist like "/roomlist,trivia,thp,ct,help" first and then typing "/j roomlistone" to join all rooms that were saved will be a very useful and more comfortable method to make PS! usage more easy. It might be a small but very handy addition to Showdown!.

Allow us to create custom Pokemon. Not CAP, mind you, but allow us to essentially create our own Pokemon. Choose a typing, stats, abilities and moves and all that. You could even let us import front and back sprites to be used. Granted, it would be custom game only of course.

I really love to play random monotype battles. But sadly it is not an official format so please can random monotype become an official format so i can play random monotype for ladder points?
Not going to happen, poorly optimized and often highly uncompetitive in its generation of teams. It's mostly there just as a non-serious format to play around in with friends.

It's really minor, but can we automatically have Latios/Latias/Magnezone/Alakazam by typing tios/tias/zone/kazam in the teambuilder, like for drill / tran / chomp etc ?

Edit: if we can have mie / loom / kion / alowak / mola / cham for starmie / breloom / terrakion / marowak-a / alomomola / medicham too please

Last edited:
It's really minor, but can we automatically have Latios/Latias/Magnezone/Alakazam by typing tios/tias/zone/kazam in the teambuilder, like for drill / tran / chomp etc ?
I don't think tios/tias are very good ways to shorten their names, zam already exists as well which is better than kazam. Zone is a p good one tho.

Make hidetext such that only Drivers+ can see the actual hidden text; there is no point of having hidetext if ppl can just click a button to see the hidden textx
this can't really be implemented on a technical level, since there's no way to remove text already on someone's computer. text being removed for people connecting to the room is coming, though.

The toxic percentage that is shown appears to be the damage that will be taken the turn after the next. I think it would be an improvement to show damage that will be taken on the current turn

I want to make a suggestion.

Make it so on replays, it's possible to download either players team. As in get either teams entire moveset and stat spreads for their teams. So someone can just look up the current most winning player's on a ladder most recent replay, and then download their team if they want. Getting top players movesets is already somewhat possible just looking up replays and copying all the pokemon and moves you see. But still stuff like exact EV spreads will always be unknown. So I think there should just be a way to download them.

Make it so on replays, it's possible to download either players team. As in get either teams entire moveset and stat spreads for their teams. So someone can just look up the current most winning player's on a ladder most recent replay, and then download their team if they want. Getting top players movesets is already somewhat possible just looking up replays and copying all the pokemon and moves you see. But still stuff like exact EV spreads will always be unknown. So I think there should just be a way to download them.
What if a player, y'know, doesn't want all their teams in an easily steal-able format?

Ridaz

PS! Battle Explosions Developer
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader

You could just ask for the team. That saves everyone a lot of trouble.
Besides it just ruins the fun/originality even more, since it just promotes everyone to copy each other and not learn how to play the metas

If my opinion is to be taken, I wouldn't want people to just freely copy my teams (especially if I run more specific items/moves/EVs/etc).

You wouldn't want to make a really good team and get it plagiarized, yknow.
I wouldn't have any problem with it and like I said, people can already take peoples teams down to the abilities items and movesets by looking at replays. This would just make it more precise. Also there should be an option for people to stop their replays from being uploaded, which I don't think currently exists.

I wouldn't have any problem with it and like I said, people can already take peoples teams down to the abilities items and movesets by looking at replays. This would just make it more precise. Also there should be an option for people to stop their replays from being uploaded, which I don't think currently exists.
And how are you gonna know the exact sets? What if the opponent is using a specific EV set? What if they run Trick Room team and run specific Speed IVs? What if they run a strange move they haven't revealed or an ability?

There's no real point to be able to just copy to every single detail other people's teams if you ask me.

And how are you gonna know the exact sets? What if the opponent is using a specific EV set? What if they run Trick Room team and run specific Speed IVs? What if they run a strange move they haven't revealed or an ability?

There's no real point to be able to just copy to every single detail other people's teams if you ask me.
The point is to take their team that has apparently had a lot of success if you're wanting to take it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)