Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

we need to have an option to change pp on a move to be like ingame (ie change trump card to 8pp) and also when /dt hypnosis,gen 4 we should have some kind of /dt for hypnosis in DPP because it was 70% in that game but it was changed in Plat

Tiksi

witch of the cosmos
is a Battle Server Moderator
The option to change PPs across the in-game range has been suggested, but besides for trump card (hence its showdown PP being changed to 5) nobody has raised much benefit for that being an option.

My suggestion is reacting to other users' suggestions and either implement or reject them. Stop being so ignorant here.
I made multiple suggestions here and repeateldy posted them, but never got a reaction from a team member nor were they implemented/officially rejected.

Merritt

literally the textbook definition of a tsundere
is a Community Contributor
My suggestion is reacting to other users' suggestions and either implement or reject them. Stop being so ignorant here.
I made multiple suggestions here and repeateldy posted them, but never got a reaction from a team member nor were they implemented/officially rejected.
This is definitely the way to get your suggestions implemented. By insulting the people who could do it.

The development team both has lives outside of working on PS and may not know whether or not something is feasible/desirable to implement. Your 'unaddressed' suggestions almost entirely seem to boil down to the disconnect timer's length. Your constant posting about it shows that you don't, in fact, read the OP of this thread otherwise you would have seen that "longer disconnect timer (people complaining that the timer does not give you enough time to reconnect if you dc)" is one of the common suggestions and so has been acknowledged by the devs and probably doesn't need to be suggested yet again.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
I have to say it yet again: Please remove the damn disconnect timer, just let the normal battle timer run out if someone disconnects!
I just lost TWO tournaments because I got a disconnect out of nowhere - a stream running simultaneously didn't stop - and didn't manage to reconnect within 20 seconds. With just the normal timer, I would have had enough time to reconnect and play my battles.

It is such a simple change in the code, I really don't get why you haven't done that yet.

Edit: it also would be nice if I could turn the timer off after my oppoent enforced it by pressing the "stop timer" button which appears when the opponent disconnects to give him more time to reconnect as a gesture of fair play.
The DC timer exists to keep battles where someone rage quits/cant play anymore short. Rather than having a player wait 170 seconds when someone quits/DCs, they only have to wait 60, and (to prevent using DCs to get more time) if the timer was under 60 seconds already, the player only has as much time as was left on the regular timer to reconnect.

While all of our internet connections may fail once in a while (mine does), sometimes just to PS (connection was interrupted for too long maybe due to something between the player and PS maybe), we still feel that having a DC timer of about a minute is enough time for most people to reconnect, while also not making the other player wait for a long period of time to take the win if the other player doesn't reconnect.

While yes its a simple code change, before programming is done a "policy change" must be made, and at this time we feel that the DC timer is fine as is for ladder matches. A change is pending for challenge matches though that will be announced at a later date.

We are not trying to ignore you, often times we don't reply to suggestions (accepted, rejected, or missed). I hope this helps to clarify what happened.

Last edited:
The ability to delete replays would be nice, because the ones I want to see are drowned in a sea of replays I saved by accident. Alternatively, not having a cap on the amount of replays you can save/scroll through

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
The ability to delete replays would be nice, because the ones I want to see are drowned in a sea of replays I saved by accident. Alternatively, not having a cap on the amount of replays you can save/scroll through
Deleting replays is a tricky subject since they are often used for keeping evidence when we lock someone in a battle. Allowing the player who got locked to delete the replay wouldn't be good since it wipes out the evidence. I don't think there is a cap on uploading replays, maybe one the # you can upload in a short time but not to total number.

kay

The unlikely story of an unorthodox protagonist
is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
Deleting replays is a tricky subject since they are often used for keeping evidence when we lock someone in a battle. Allowing the player who got locked to delete the replay wouldn't be good since it wipes out the evidence. I don't think there is a cap on uploading replays, maybe one the # you can upload in a short time but not to total number.
How about the option to star replays so they can appear at the top or in a separate tab, and give the ability to hide certain replays after the replays saved but give staff the ability to look at these post battle hidden replays? It's not quite what he was asking for but it's something I'd like.

Or even just give us the ability to have a separate tab we can move junk replays into like a junk folder. Keeps them from being deleted so staff can still find them but keeps them out of the way.

EDIT: the more I think about it the more I'd like to have the ability to have folders for replays like we do for team builder. That way I can sort stuff between ladder highlights, tournament matches, and maybe have a hidden tab that I can move specific replays into that like said above, can be seen by staff for moderating purpose. If this can't be a thing then refer to above with the whole staring idea.

Last edited:

Honestly, this is just a small quality life thing I would want to see in Pokémon Showdown. Right now, Pokémon Showdown uses a ladder system (which is great, sadly my skill limits me to the 1500-1650 range), but today I would like to suggest a small add on to this, ranks. These would be little icons that appear near your name/avatar (haven’t decided yet) in-game depending on what ladder rank you have in the metagame you're playing. Also, I think this will help balance out games because now you can only play against others in your rank, which will hopefully prevent huge advantages towards another player. I say this particularly because I was watching PhoenixMaster1 (around 1800 at the time) destroy someone who was a mere 1500, which was extremely unfair. Now, for an example of the rank Elo requirements, I’m going to be using some ranks that I thought of based on Pokémon trainer classes.​

Ranks:
1000-1099: Youngster
1100-1199: Trainer
1200-1299: Grunt
1300-1399: Admin
1400-1499: Ace Trainer
1500-1599: Gym Leader
1600-1699: Elite Four
1700+: Champion

Finally, if this were added in, I think it would be cool to have each rank symbol be 1 of the Kanto Gym Badges (going in order of how they are earned in-game with Blue/Giovanni’s Badge being the “Champion” rank).​

What do you guys think of this? Thanks for reading my post, have an amazing day! :blobthumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
They should add an option to make it so that it doesn't show "(Your name) joined/left" when you join or leave a battle. I like watching battles anonymously, but right now I'm stuck logged in as a guest for the next 7 days so I can't.

Lol it took me about a year on PS to realize I could just drag and drop to reorganize the order of my teams, maybe just some sort of indicator or way to make it a little more obvious to new players that thats a feature would be nice because that was a huge quality of life improvement I just never realized was a thing.

Is there a way you guys can make the "/modlog" command more detailed for polls? It would be helpful for rooms who will do a few polls related and forget the winner/loser of the poll.

Tiksi

witch of the cosmos
is a Battle Server Moderator
Is there a way you guys can make the "/modlog" command more detailed for polls? It would be helpful for rooms who will do a few polls related and forget the winner/loser of the poll.
You can click the end poll timestamp link to see the roomlogs and the poll’s messy but decipherable html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)