Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Havens

Paranoid Android
is a Tiering Contributor
Mafia Champion
Something really small, but perhaps make a multi-pm chat option? It's cool for games like Mafia where factions of 3-4 mafia players can interact w/ eachother directly on PS! without the hassle of individually communicating with peeps through a new chat on Discord or talking to each member individually (unless this is already implemented, please tell me how.)

There should be a cooldown period after winning against somebody so that you don't get matched up to them again after 2-3 games. Nothing more annoying than winning a hard-fought match, only for the next one to be someone you've already played so that they know your team and thus ruin the element of surprise. Pretty awkward too tbh

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
Something really small, but perhaps make a multi-pm chat option? It's cool for games like Mafia where factions of 3-4 mafia players can interact w/ eachother directly on PS! without the hassle of individually communicating with peeps through a new chat on Discord or talking to each member individually (unless this is already implemented, please tell me how.)
There are groupchats which are invite (by the creator) only temporary rooms that act as a group PM. Though these currently are restricted public room drivers+/global voices+. The plan is to eventually let anyone create a groupchat once we iron out issues with them.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
There should be a cooldown period after winning against somebody so that you don't get matched up to them again after 2-3 games. Nothing more annoying than winning a hard-fought match, only for the next one to be someone you've already played so that they know your team and thus ruin the element of surprise. Pretty awkward too tbh
There is a check in the matchmaker to ensure you dont play the same user twice in a row, though maybe its not working based on what you said?

TDA

formerly The Dark Alakazam
Have y'all considered just opening up Showdown names that have been inactive for a certain timeframe? I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this, and I understand gdrivers and above can request for a username, but there are some accounts that have been just unused for over 5 years now, spanning 3 separate gens of Pokemon. If these users planned to return, they would have done so by now, and possibly setting up a temporary first-come first-serve basis post in order to delegate these names could be appropriate for other active and respectful users.

Though I would understand if that would be a time commitment that none of the admins would want to undertake, if the process couldn't be streamlined with a program and had to be done manually and individually. Just curious if something like this has been considered or the reasons the higher up would have to not allowing something like this to happen

Have y'all considered just opening up Showdown names that have been inactive for a certain timeframe? I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this, and I understand gdrivers and above can request for a username, but there are some accounts that have been just unused for over 5 years now, spanning 3 separate gens of Pokemon. If these users planned to return, they would have done so by now, and possibly setting up a temporary first-come first-serve basis post in order to delegate these names could be appropriate for other active and respectful users.

Though I would understand if that would be a time commitment that none of the admins would want to undertake, if the process couldn't be streamlined with a program and had to be done manually and individually. Just curious if something like this has been considered or the reasons the higher up would have to not allowing something like this to happen
If an account is inactive for too long, it becomes disabled, thus no one can enter it unless enabled again. It will generally be enabled once someone that meets the requirements claims it.

Dedicate an adjustable section of the battle log (that appears to the side of battles) to chat only, or at least provide an option in the options panel to make battle chats display this way.

I personally find it really bothersome when people chatting gets in the way of important battle information, especially when people spam, as there is no spam filter for battles afaik. At the same time, I don't wanna be bothered to modchat every battle and voice all the people I'm okay with talking.

Dedicate an adjustable section of the battle log (that appears to the side of battles) to chat only, or at least provide an option in the options panel to make battle chats display this way.

I personally find it really bothersome when people chatting gets in the way of important battle information, especially when people spam, as there is no spam filter for battles afaik. At the same time, I don't wanna be bothered to modchat every battle and voice all the people I'm okay with talking.
You can click ''hide spectators'' to hide those people

Kalalokki

the time for spooks
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

It has to be done manually by admins and there would be too many requests if it was open to everyone, not really feasible.

You can click ''hide spectators'' to hide those people
I don't want to ignore people, I just want to move text entered by users to a separate box that doesn't impose on battle information, while still allowing both player and audience to interact with each other

What I'm thinking of is something like this:
suggestion.PNG
The would-be battle chat being represented by the sticky note at the bottom.

Magii

formerly Magikingdra
If there's such a discrepancy between the two rooms, why is it a subroom in the first place?

The two rooms are linked because Question Workshop (the sunroom) requires an audition to submit questions to the main room (trivia). I forget why QW isn’t linked (probably because free roomauth, even voice, is really attractive for some users). Trivia and QW can’t exist in the same room, as there could be official question leaks/etc., and the reason Ryota asked is that being a room staff in trivia doesn’t guarantee it in Question Workshop.

Very minor suggestion for the damage calc, unnecessary even

You can already tamper with the defending Pokemon's HP to see if the attacking Pokemon can KO the opponent at their present HP. The text it will spit out will be something like 252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Iron Head vs. +4 0 HP / 0- Def Diancie-Mega: 148-176 (61.4 - 73%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO. In the example I posted, I was calculating with Diancie-Mega's HP at 71%. The math is right, but I think it'd be a bit cooler and more streamlined from the calc if instead of 18.8% chance to OHKO it became 18.8% chance to KO from 71% to reflect the change in HP that the user had entered.

Hello

First of all, pardon me for the possible errors of English, for this is not my language.

I have been playing Pokémon since 1999 in the former gameboy and competitively since the old Shoddy Battle and have returned shortly; I decided to create this account to open a discussion about an idea I had with some friends:

CROSSOVER GEN

What is it?

Basically a new metagame where players can choose any of the existing generations (RB, BW, XY and etc) with their respective mechanics; for example, a player may choose to play RS mechanics against another player using GS or XY mechanics.

It's worth everything, such as movements and Pokémon available (in RB for example only the original 151 Pokémon and only the movements of that generation will be available), as well as the movements and effects will be according to the chosen generation. Items only from GS and etc.

Team preview in all generations, because that existed in the Stadium of the N64.

You can always just upload whatever image you want yourself using the Choose File button
Ofc such an option is available,i'm just saying that if there were a slightly more wide range of BGs for new users to choose,it would be a lot less trouble than explaining it to them. Having a bit more backgrounds (like the Monochrome,Pokemon Center,Team Plasma ones from BW) are good for people who wants to keep stuff simple. What I originally had in mind was a "Pokemon Showdown!" BG which is quite obviously better than solid blue, which looks icy. I'm not saying we need a ton of BGs, just a few more simple ones in the default list.

I'm not sure how fond are the devs of this, but what do you think of adding some flags for abilities regarding /dt and /ds? For example, flags that show the ability is ignored by Mold Breaker, the gen it was introducted in and if it can be surpassed/Skill Swapped/is hardcoded on a specific Pokemon.

Edit: /ds as in an ability searcher like /ms, /ds and /isearch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)