Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

In the same vein as my previous proposal, I suggest as small change for the old formats the replacement of current menu sprites (since the gen 6) by oldest (gen 3 to 5). This 2012 replay clearly shows that menu sprites was replaced at the arrival of XY (and they were motionless, unlike the cartridge). If we want to optimize all the way, we can even use menu sprites of gen 2 (see this battle in Crystal) and gen 1 (see this battle in Yellow). But it's more controversial to install because they are only 37 menu sprites for 251 mons in gen 2 and only 11 for 151 mons in gen 1 (the risk of confusion between mons in the interface of the Showdown battles is important). To better visualize all that, I created here the list of mons by menu sprites (for compare between generations). And finally, here we have the image bank of these famous files.
What can I do concretely for someone to finally react? This is the fourth time I'm retrying (I feel that it will be still long)

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
In the same vein as my previous proposal, I suggest as small change for the old formats the replacement of current menu sprites (since the gen 6) by oldest (gen 3 to 5). This 2012 replay clearly shows that menu sprites was replaced at the arrival of XY (and they were motionless, unlike the cartridge). If we want to optimize all the way, we can even use menu sprites of gen 2 (see this battle in Crystal) and gen 1 (see this battle in Yellow). But it's more controversial to install because they are only 37 for 251 mons in gen 2 and only 11 for 151 mons in gen 1 (the risk of confusion between mons in the interface of the Showdown battles is important). To better visualize all that, I created here the list of mons by menu sprites (for compare between generations). And finally, here we have the image bank of these famous files.
Probably not done since atm we have higher priorities. Also gen 1 and 2 minisprites arent informative of what each player has (you would have to hover to find out).

Hello, I have a request for when we are battling on Showdown. Most of the chat during battles is toxic - swearing, aggressive call-outs, complaining of hax, it never ends. I am aware there is an option to block the chat under "battle options" at the beginning of every battle. But of course, this is very repetitive to have to do it every single battle. Can we please implement an option on Showdown where you don't have to ever see what the opponent or spectators are saying? Like an option where we click our avatar and battle setting, to go "silent mode" or something, where we don't have to read their chat EVER. I'm so sick of the negativity and toxic behavior!!

Hello, I have a request for when we are battling on Showdown. Most of the chat during battles is toxic - swearing, aggressive call-outs, complaining of hax, it never ends. I am aware there is an option to block the chat under "battle options" at the beginning of every battle. But of course, this is very repetitive to have to do it every single battle. Can we please implement an option on Showdown where you don't have to ever see what the opponent or spectators are saying? Like an option where we click our avatar and battle setting, to go "silent mode" or something, where we don't have to read their chat EVER. I'm so sick of the negativity and toxic behavior!!
Zarel has been mostly against all sorts of toggle options that block messages from others to show, either perma ignore in battles or perma ignores on individual users. Most battles shouldn't have toxic chat qualities and if they do they can always be reported to global staff instead of just trying to ignore them and let them do this to other users.

I agree with you Misty Swims, when I play Gen 7 I have to mute my opponents and the spectators every time since current gens tend to be full mostly of idiots, so it would be nice If we had an option to mute all the battles instead of having to do it one time after another.

0% to 3HKO.PNG

4HKO.PNG

I never know if 0% to xHKO means effectively that there is no chance to be xHKO or just 99,9% to dont be. If in practise, there is no really influence (except being really unlucky), it's sometimes important when you do some spreads.

Thank you anyway for the work you're doing on smogon guys !

jumbowhales

my fake plastic love
is a Pre-Contributor
Not sure if this has been suggested already or not, but could you add a global option to ignore your opponent in every match?
Zarel has been mostly against all sorts of toggle options that block messages from others to show, either perma ignore in battles or perma ignores on individual users. Most battles shouldn't have toxic chat qualities and if they do they can always be reported to global staff instead of just trying to ignore them and let them do this to other users.

Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)

GAME FUN HAPPY TIMES
is a Community Contributor
View attachment 138631
View attachment 138632

I never know if 0% to xHKO means effectively that there is no chance to be xHKO or just 99,9% to dont be. If in practise, there is no really influence (except being really unlucky), it's sometimes important when you do some spreads.

Thank you anyway for the work you're doing on smogon guys !
not completely sure on this but i'm pretty sure 0% means it has a chance to kill, but it's so small that it rounds down to 0.

in the first calc you have, silvally has 441 total hp (393 hp + 48 leftovers over 2 turns), which means that it could theoretically get 3hkod by three consecutive max rolls, a 1/4096 chance. don't worry about this, because crits are far more likely anyway.

Thoughts on making a command the can rename room names rather than deleting and making a whole room, some rooms maybe not on main have something called like shops/roomintros/extra room stuff but when you delete that room..you have the create the roomshop all over again and so as put n the intro, some people even forget, just a suggestion.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
Thoughts on making a command the can rename room names rather than deleting and making a whole room, some rooms maybe not on main have something called like shops/roomintros/extra room stuff but when you delete that room..you have the create the roomshop all over again and so as put n the intro, some people even forget, just a suggestion.
It hasn't been done since there are technical reasons behind it. I don't remember all of them (I tried doing this before) but most notebly modlog/roomlogs are linked by the room's id, changing that changes where the logs/ect go.

Add the option to remove a single team from a custom folder without deleting the team or the folder. It is already possible but you have to go to the backup/restore option for all teams, ctrl+f search for the team you want to remove from the folder and then delete "[folder name]/" in the name of the team. Another method is to drag the team into a different folder. It would be way faster if there was an option like "remove team from folder" in the folder itself.

Furthermore, it would also be great if it was possible to import multiple teams into a custom folder a once. This would also fix the above at the same time. Right now they only have the backup option so you have to import them in all teams and either add "[folder name]/" there for every team or put them into a folder after importing.

I think it might be annoying for users that (most likely to be staff in a room) get PMs from users they punish in a room. The user might want to /ignore the user but can't in case they start saying more things in the room that isn't allowed. The user might also be PMing someone else so they probably won't want to block PMs. So what I am suggesting is being able to block PMs from a user without blocking all PMs and still being able to see the user's lines in a room.

This may not actually be feasible, but I've been thinking for a while that PS could use some way to add external CSS to a roomintro, rather than having to use the style property.

The main reason this is useful is to make dark mode users stop complaining about my light mode roomintros and vice versa it possible for those making roomintros to differentiate between light and dark mode coloring. As well as to let them add classes to their roomintros to avoid repeating the same css (imagine having 8 buttons with the same CSS, that's a pain to both write and read).

Again I don't know to what extent this is possible, if at all, but if it could happen I would love you forever

Hi lobby! I'm back!

I had a suggestion for PS, I was thinking that you guys could put a row in the tournament bracket when tournys are on. For example, put "Round of 64, 32, 16, quarters, semis, finals" above the respective columns. It's simple graphic design I think the tech staff can do and it would make it easier to see what rounds players are in XD

(0TakeaStudyBreak's first post!!!! :D)

Wanted to suggest that the message doesn't show as "battle room expired" to normal users when they (we) try to join modjoined battles, but something like "you are ineligible / you need to be of rank + or higher to join the battle room" would be better to differentiate between expired rooms and modjoined rooms....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)