Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Two suggestions:

1. Always hide command (or once each time you're online), rather than an ionext command. It's ridiculous that one has to enter every game with /hideroom or /ionext, it doesn't allow for anyone just to sit back and play some game without risk of having multiple replays saved of them.

2. A request to remove ladder ranks. Older accounts have multiple tiers that are no longer in use, and never will be again. Pokebank as an example. Perhaps this would need a restriction or criteria needed to avoid the ability to spam this feature.

Is it possible to add a feature that displays when a user's punishment expires to staff? Like in a format similar to modnote to keep it hidden from the general chat?

Example: X was muted by Y for 7 minutes... X's mute has expired.

It's a no-risk implement that keeps staff on the lookout for troublesome users and would be especially useful for bans as those last a couple days during which a staff member may possibly forget about X user unlike a short 7 minute mute which isn't as forgettable given the short duration.

I don't see any drawbacks and would be easier to monitor such users when a message is displayed signaling an expired punishment.

Kalalokki

mobilizing for the war on christmas
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
Is it possible to add a feature that displays when a user's punishment expires to staff? Like in a format similar to modnote to keep it hidden from the general chat?

Example: X was muted by Y for 7 minutes... X's mute has expired.

It's a no-risk implement that keeps staff on the lookout for troublesome users and would be especially useful for bans as those last a couple days during which a staff member may possibly forget about X user unlike a short 7 minute mute which isn't as forgettable given the short duration.

I don't see any drawbacks and would be easier to monitor such users when a message is displayed signaling an expired punishment.
I like the idea, but not as an actual modnoted thing since that would clog up everything real fast if every punishment was doubled in the modlog. A better solution would be like an alternative command, like /roomstatus, that shows all muted, banned, and blacklisted users from said room and how much time was left on each, could even be its own tab like modlog is.

I like the idea, but not as an actual modnoted thing since that would clog up everything real fast if every punishment was doubled in the modlog. A better solution would be like an alternative command, like /roomstatus, that shows all muted, banned, and blacklisted users from said room and how much time was left on each, could even be its own tab like modlog is.
I was thinking more of an automatic thing since I'm sure most staff won't be conscious about current punishments and thus /roomstatus wouldn't cross their mind. It's also good for informing staff who haven't been online in a while to be on the lookout for so and so after they expire. Of course if there's no other logical approach to this then /roomstatus is fine.

I looked through the OP and didn't see this so here goes
I think it would be a good idea to add the system that tells you the effectiveness of each move your Pokemon knows when used against your opponent on the actual move.

Hi something literally every pokemon simulator ever is guilty of is making it difficult to bring up the pokemon select screen without impacting the team you're currently looking at. This would be for the purpose of comparing pokemon (such as their movepool) or determining what benchmarks your EVs should hit (primarily speed). I think using the sim for this purpose is still far more convenient than looking up resources elsewhere (if they even exist), but at present the teambuilder is nonetheless very frustrating to use for this purpose, as switching between teams and individual sets is very frustrating.

I think the best solution would be to allow multiple teambuilder tabs to be opened, but an alternative is to allow players to add comparison sets to the team they're working on, where only the first six sets are saved (obviously), but they can add further slots to allow them to compare (which would obviously be visually distinct from actual sets

Can room tourneys be made to be Best of 3 as well instead of just single or double elimination? This would reflect how forum tournaments are done and be good practice. Best of 3 as in each round you play your opponent up to 3 times, whoever gets to 2 or 3 wins first goes to next round. I feel like it wouldnt be terribly hard to code

Can room tourneys be made to be Best of 3 as well instead of just single or double elimination? This would reflect how forum tournaments are done and be good practice. Best of 3 as in each round you play your opponent up to 3 times, whoever gets to 2 or 3 wins first goes to next round. I feel like it wouldnt be terribly hard to code
Even to make it just a selectable format would be fire too, like !tour, bo3

--

It would be very helpful to list the mons that get more usage in VGC in the teambuilder, right below the "Restricted Legendary" list, like how it would happen if it was an actual tier.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
WIP https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/pull/4076

Is it an idea to include the name of the staff member in /checkpunishment of who punished a user? Would make it easier to redirect users from Help to PM the appropriate person

1. I'd like to suggest to somehow add that "/tour forcetimer" is a thing to SirDonovan's post that one is redirected to when /tour help is done.
  2. I'd like to suggest to re-add the command for making a tour have the Sketchmons clause, or removing it from the post I have linked in the past request.
Thanks!

Hi, I was wondering would it be possible for players to hide their ranks and their opponents ranks from themselves from view after winning or losing a battle.

Like a toggle switch.

This would be a nice feature for a few reasons.
1. It would put less stress on those who become aggravated when losing rank scores.

2. It would help players that end up playing for a winners high instead of enjoying the game. They can then choose to not see the scores ahead of time, which can help prevent the unhealthy cycle of going to the team builder over and over to keep playing for a winners high.

3. It would help more new people get into the rank pool too since they can find a match easy which provides a less fragmented player base and since its a toggle which would be optional. :)

Include an "old news" option at the bottom of the News box so that we can see past events that were in PS news, since there is no other way to see them, as far as I'm aware/willing to dig through smogon to find.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)