Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has already been suggested or not.. but perhaps for registered players have an option for a set gameplay. That way once they join, they don't have to scroll for their preferred gameplay each time. I.e: Always have it set to a Random Singles Battle once chosen by the user. Thanks. :)

Vacedit: this is not april fools... if it was it'd be lousy

Do not post metagame, tiering, or any non-PS suggestions here.

Post your suggestions for improving Showdown here! Suggestions posted in this thread will be archived in the OP - so be sure to read through it first before posting your suggestion and do not post previously-suggested ideas. Please be aware that we are not taking room suggestions. Note that this isn't a discussion thread.

Common suggestions that are already being worked on:

- Friends list
- Offline PMs
- Saving teams on your account
- Multi battles and free-for-all

Common suggestions that will never happen:

- Option to change username color

Common suggestions in which the answer is complicated:

- Mobile app (we'll make the web app better and more mobile-app-like, but a real mobile app is not happening)

- ability to /ignorepms of a user while still seeing their messages in chatrooms (especially helpful with roomauth)
- Implement a more advanced find-a-user system, ie. search that allows you to see all usernames that have the specific word mentioned in it.
- ability to type /clear into a pm box and just clear all pms from that user as opposed to /clearpms clearing them from every user
- Notifications when a user goes offline/comes online
- group pms
- Allow modnotes to highlight staff members (potentially including "/hl add, notes:" for highlights for any notes.)
- Room specific highlights
- add parameters to modlog so you can prevent certain things from showing up such as /modlog lobby, !poll, !tour, !uno
- allow Voices + Drivers to use the minigame option commands (Uno and Hangman) similar to how Drivers could set up tournaments.
- allow room owners to add custom room ranks such as elite four
- a way for roomstaff to call globals when a room would be left authless
- /roomprojects command similar to /roomevents
- /poll edit command to fix mistakes in polls
- add time remaining column to /roomevents
- make /warn show autoconfirmed alts like muting/locking/banning someone does
- option to disable highlights + notifications from declares as well as html boxes/showimage
- allow room owners the option to allow mods to edit/add /roomevents
- notes feature on teambuilder
- a feature in the teambuilder where common sets pop up when you enter a pokemon
- remove suggested spreads button or improve them
- make a way to choose your HP type without having the move HP.
- ability to hide certain formats from showing when you do /rank
- Increase number of rooms you can autojoin
- add pokepast.es to link whitelist (used in a bunch of rooms)
- ability to change text size
- improve color of scrollbars and teambuilder boxes to better match dark mode
- make hidden avatars not reset each time you log on
- implement pokeballs - useful for certain pokemon which in game can only be obtained with a certain ball.
- have it show the speed of a pokemon after it would mega evolve in randbats by hovering over it

- refresh button on ladder screen
- show move effectiveness on moves like they do in sumo - if this is added, also make an option to disable it
- longer disconnect timer (people complaining that the timer does not give you enough time to reconnect if you dc)
- command such as /pokedex pikchu, to show pokedex entries for a pokemon
- make /hl delete require confirmation
- make /bch permanent
- have EV yield appear on /dt
- add unreleased parameter to /ds
- option to make icons not show with /ds
- In search replays, add an option to search for a specific pokemon being used in battles
- make <<replay>> link to the replays.pokemonshowdown.com
- in tournaments, have previous generations specify the gen. So rather than "UU tournament" it'd be "[Gen 6]UU tournament".
- ability to toggle tour notifications per room
- save the banlist from named tours so that they can be set quickly and easily
- a way for participants to easily see what the autodq is set at in a tour without having to scroll up in chat
- ability to see the full tour name on mobile, as it is currently blocked by user count
- have commands to be able to scroll a tour bracket, helpful for mobile users
- Ability to change name color
- Ability to use the /join command to join multiple rooms at once
- emotes in chat

- character counter in messages to show how many characters you have remaining.
- less sensitive caps/stretch filter
- See someone's peak on the ladder
- chat button not being grayed out when you click on your own name, or make it more obvious people can pm themselves
- After voting on polls make the option you voted more noticeable than it is, perhaps an asterisk or underline
- way to avoid being highlighted by tournaments without ignoring them completely
- add other language support
- link ps account to twitter
- return of seasonals
- warning that private replays can't be searched for
- freeze decay on inactive ladders

implemented | planned | Probably not
We cannot guarantee that suggestions will be implemented.
I've probably suggested this already, but I forget. So...
In doubles formats (or in all formats), could you make "Hits Adjacent Foes" a searchable term in the search box, just like searching a Pokemon, move, ability, type. etc.? It would be extremely useful in doubles teambuilding.

Is artificial intelligence something that can be added to showdown? I like being able to not rely on real people to play, and it would make it easier and faster to test.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is artificial intelligence something that can be added to showdown? I like being able to not rely on real people to play, and it would make it easier and faster to test.
You can just use an alt to test a new team. Simply use the command /nick followed by any username of choice. There are a few bots who battle, but I think it's mainly randomized formats, such as Random Battles, CC1v1, Hackmons cup etc.

it's my personal opinion but i woukd like we can always run several games in the sames times in the ladder. There is often a text wich forbad me to run a new game while playing the last one. This is boring af when we are laddering since 1000elo

Last edited:

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
it's my personal opinion but i woukd like we can always run several games in the sames times in the ladder. There is often a text wich forbad me to run a new game while playing the last one. This is boring af when we are want to ladd since 1000
this used to be a thing, but it was removed with the timer changes to make it harder to timerstall, so it’s unlikely to come back.

Could they/we make it on the main battle selection choice, I'd be down to play. RoA might want in as well. I guess.
Old gen Ubers and UU ladders were removed due to being quite inactive. Instead we now have rotational Ubers/UU ladders - one will always be there and switch every month. If I didn't miscount, ORAS Ubers should be up during November.
We also host it occasionally in ROA tour nights (watch out for ORAS Saturday or Spotlight Sunday Ubers tour nights).

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The DOU community has been having some discussion about public vs private tournament matches and some of the anxiety that can come with being watched live, and I had an idea for a permanent "Ignore Spectators" setting, so that people could play multiple games without having to click the button each time. This doesn't entirely relieve the anxiety of having spectators, and I know it's already just one click of a button, but this feels like something that could be nice to have. It would also let people ladder in peace, if they feel annoyed enough by people joining their ladder games. It's not really a huge deal (like I said, you just have to make one click" or something that is at all a high priority, but it could be something to consider simply as an ease of use thing.

Suggesting the ability to /hideroom after uploading a replay on accident from a public room, then have that said public replay be moved to private replays of that account.

For example, user A uploads a replay while the room is public. Replay is public. User A then uses /hideroom and uploads the replay once more. Now it's only private.

You have banned the subject "Friend List" from the chat. I wanted to know why but no one had a good answer to it and I wasn't allowed to talk about it anymore and was sent here. This suggestion has nothing to do with Friend List directly, but to do with PS's democracy, subject bans and auto-messaging.

When writing the words "Friend List" in the chat, an automated message appears:

"PS does not have a friends list feature, and there are no immediate plans to add them. Please do not talk about this subject in the help room."

This Indicates that you are not planning to add the feature, and we are not allowed to talk about it. If you don't see what's wrong with this principle, let me explain:
Democracy works pretty simple, if enough people want something and request it, the faster the change will appear. If the leaders tell the people; "it is now forbidden to talk about this subject, and we are not planning to change it." Then there is no democracy, and the people have been silenced.

I know now, after discovering this page, that you are in fact, actually working on the friend list, now that is a contradiction. Here are some direct suggestion: What about updating the automated message so that it says you are working on it instead? That way anyone who is asking about it get a proper answer that doesn't remove democracy. If you actually have no plans to add it, then here is another suggestion: You should really work on getting it fast, because it has been requested far too long and it would benefit the site considerably. If that is the case, you should also update the automated message to explain why you have decided to ban the subject, that way the person who asks understands why and is left without more questions. I still don't know the reason behind it.

Not being able to ask about this in the chat frustrated me, as this is important stuff. You should be able to talk about anything you need assistance with, without being told off. Complaints are important for progression, and dialogue creates discussion, which then again creates awareness. I hope someone will see the importance in this matter and give it some thought.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
You have banned the subject "Friend List" from the chat. I wanted to know why. [snip rest]
This is banned only from the Help Room. I can tell you as help staff, it’s mainly banned because it was asked way too much, contributes nothing, and it gets annoying to repeat - it’s much easier to give a default answer by automation. Discussion of a friends list isn’t banned elsewhere, and you can discuss elsewhere.
Edit: as I recall being told, the friends list is also on hold until a client refactor is complete.

Hello,

I had an idea about having a spectating mode where it watches random battles and when the battle completes, it will automatically switch to an in progress game or a game thats about to start. This would be great to watch if I am not able to interact with the browser every 2 minutes but still would like to watch the battles happening. You could even add filtering to it (Uber spectating only, OU spectating only, etc.) if you wanted in the future as well.

Would like to suggest making warns not stack if a reason is provided. Common examples include someone posting a link and getting lb'd twice or more. It's just a bit of a weird thing that it happens, though it's not really a high relevance issue beyond the modlog showing 2 warns when only 1 was infraction or issue was present.

Can someone update the Necrozma-Dusk-Mane picture!!!?and the graphic on it!!! and the PS [Pokemon showdown] site...!!!?? Like make it look really cool! And the Pokemon be picture perfect!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)