Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Can Xerneas be banned from Gen 7 Random Battle? Even if it's the 1st slot it just wins most of the time due to the nature of Xerneas and most randomized Pokemon not being Ubers. (Obviously.) https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7randombattle-904778969 For example, even if it was his 1st party member, I would've lost die to the fact my team isn't prepared to fight the 2nd or 3rd best Pokemon in the game.
Proper replay for that's here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-904778969

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Can someone raise Zygarde-Complete's Physical Attack to 339 !!!?
PS simulates the games. Changing a base stat would not be like the game anymore, and isn’t a thing that is done. (you can do it by boosting stats in a battle though!)

A few things I've thought of
-Add a column for move descriptions to the teambuilder that explicitly lists the priority value of each move. It's a bit annoying to not have every attack committed to memory and have to google to make sure that something is definitely +1 when you read vague unhelpful descriptions like "The user might go first".

-An option for the installable version to resize the window and remember it when you next open. It always opens fullscreen and I have to drag to resize.

-Add a replay viewer for the installable version. I'm quite a fan of the standalone client and prefer to not use the browser version. Also I want to be able to watch replays I've saved even if I don't have internet.

-Integrate the damage calculator into showdown, no longer a link, but part of showdown that you can go to another showdown tab to access. Again, for the installable version as well. This would be extremely nice to have.

Last edited:

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
A few things I've thought of
-Add a column for move descriptions that explicitly lists the priority value of each move. It's a bit annoying to not have every attack committed to memory and have to google to make sure that something is definitely +1 when you read vague unhelpful descriptions like "The user might go first".

-An option for the installable version to resize the window and remember it when you next open. It always opens fullscreen and I have to drag to resize.

-Add a replay viewer for the installable version. I'm quite a fan of the standalone client and prefer to not use the browser version.

-Integrate the damage calculator into showdown, no longer a link, but part of showdown that you can go to another showdown tab to access. Again, for the installable version as well. This would be extremely nice to have.
I believe the first one can be found using /dt, although i'm not 100% certain.

Would it be possible to add a "Random Battle set" to each relevant pokemon in the Damage Calculator that at least automatically adjusts the levels, natures and EV's? This would save a lot of time during randbats.

I was wondering if it was possible to add a button or smth to set a range of points for games on ladder, like for example u can put 100 pts so if u are a 1900s player u manage to always play other players from 2000s to 1800s and dont get to play 1600s because ladder is empty, u just wait until someone in the range of 100 pts clicks find battle (something like the PO one). Thx :)

Last edited:
New alias suggestions:

Make Zygarde-T(en) alias to Zygarde-10%.
Make Necrozma-M (and Necrozma-S) alias to Necrozma-DM.
Make Necrozma-W (and Necrozma-L) alias to Necrozma-DW.

My suggestion is to be more receptive to implementing basic quality of life suggestions that would take negligible amounts of time to implement. For instance, adding options in your account settings to have all your battles be invite only, and to always ignore your opponent and spectators so that you don't have to go into the options menu, click 'ignore opponent', click 'ignore spectators', and type /ionext in every battle you go into. It is a minor annoyance that builds up over time and is an easy fix.

In general, it's sad to see the administrators of this community so openly disdainful to implementing much longed-for additions, most notably a friends list. The fact that one can't even use the phrase 'friends list' in /help, but instead get a message saying 'we know about this request, and it's not happening' is an open mockery of the community, as it is an acknowledgment of the high demand for a feature while saying 'fuck you, we don't have to do this so we won't'.

To put the friends list and other community requests on a list on a forum thread from four years ago, and to have (to this point) barely implemented half of them, is a sad state of affairs, and is a reflection of the issues present in many of our societal institutions, where those who hold the keys to power can act immaturely and as they please with no regard for the desires of the community as a whole, while the community simply doesn't have the access to implement these changes themselves.

pre

pkmn.cc
The introductory post already explains that the friend list is being worked on, and a permanent /ionext toggle is also planned. The reality is, these features are in fact not as trivial as you might wish to believe, and do not take 'negligible amounts of time' to implement correctly. I agree, arguing with users who clearly do not have a clue is not a good look, but its sometimes frustrating to discover how entitled the people you are volunteering your time and skills to help actually are.

Hello,i had a suggestion for battles. You guys know how when you hover over a mon it tells you the stats, item...etc. My suggestion is when a mon faints (while you wait for your opp to choose a new mon)you could be able to hover over their side and see your hazards and how much dmg they will do and who set them.

Sidenote: i looked through a couple pages and i didnt see any ideas like this. Sorry if this is a repost idea.

Hi, i have noticed the increase of number users whom starts the timer but end up being the one to be inactive and end up wasting the time (not being disconnected from the server). I am suggesting an button to report to limit these players the usage timer button, or something to send an request for verification of active player if an certain timing is up rather than wasting the full timer.

I understand there are times where the player does not know that they have disconnected as the server may sometimes not prompt that the player has disconnected.

Hi, i have noticed the increase of number users whom starts the timer but end up being the one to be inactive and end up wasting the time (not being disconnected from the server). I am suggesting an button to report to limit these players the usage timer button, or something to send an request for verification of active player if an certain timing is up rather than wasting the full timer.

I understand there are times where the player does not know that they have disconnected as the server may sometimes not prompt that the player has disconnected.
What happens if you simply ask the opponent in chat to turn the timer off? Does that not work?

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor

i don't see the problem with this situation; the person who starts the timer knows full well that if they dc or leave that they'll time out, and the timer will do its job. Everyone has to leave now and then and people sometimes need time to think so the current timer should work just fine. maybe i'm calcing and don't see this "verification" message and i lose for no reason.

i don't see the problem with this situation; the person who starts the timer knows full well that if they dc or leave that they'll time out, and the timer will do its job. Everyone has to leave now and then and people sometimes need time to think so the current timer should work just fine. maybe i'm calcing and don't see this "verification" message and i lose for no reason.
1. If the opponent dcs, from my side i am able to start the timer.
2. If you require more time, knowing the fact that you would take more time, why would you even start the timing in the first place? Also as the one starting the timer you are able to pause the timing, which will then make known to your opponent that you are actually still around.
3. If you are calcing, why would you not be looking at the screen? Unless you are telling me, when you are calcing, you walk around or look at other places, even so you would still put your attention to the timing left.
4. The verification notice can be in many places, even if it is on the "home" tab, it will still have an notification where the tab itself is blinking in orange like how it is currently when you are in an battle an person challenges you or messages you.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This might be a bit niche, but I'd love to see a feature that allows me the color of bolded text on PS. I find it very difficult sometimes to differentiate bold and regular text. Maybe giving the option to personalize it would deal with it. Mainly an issue using dark mode. Light mode has a significant difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)