Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I'm helping out with CAP, I decided to spectate some CAP battles and realised... Volkraken and Plasmanta still don't have any sprites right now. It's pretty confusing since I can't tell if the sprite-less volkraken/plasmanta slot in a person's party is alive or fainted. And in battle, they're a big blue box with a question mark.

IIRC someone was meant to implement models, but for now, we should at least have the sprites on for those two until the models can be added. It'd sure alleviate a lot of confusion, or at least look better...

I suggest there be a command that says, /join all where you join all the rooms.

TI edit: That is a terrible suggestion...

Rejected

Last edited by a moderator:
Can /j be an alias for /join on PS?
I could probably submit this change myself if I wasn't so lazy (which is partially the reason for which I would like this change) but it is really nice if you are used to IRC and /j doesn't do anything currently.

Sorry if this is too silly hahahah

edit: defeated lazyness and sent a pull req

Done

I have two suggestions One very simple (I hope) The other more complex.

The simple thing.
I would like the proper Female sprite for Hippowdon added to the game. Female Hippowdon is Black with Red eyes and looks better imo than any other sprite hippo has.

Female Hippowdon

The complicated thing.
Multiple people in battle. I have a group of friends that I love playing Pokemon with and I would love being able to play 2v2 fights with teams.

If pokemon showdown was to add a ffa tier (free for all) i would bring more users and fun things tothe game it would workas 3 pokemon for each player adn four players in the game it would increace game joiners to showdown becuase of the chances that people dont usal get to multi battle becuase of no ds or game u will also be able to create a game just for you and ur mates ffa's or go online and play with other poeple and alot of poeple do like the ffa idea so please take it in to some consideratoin

XY OU ladder.
Although I am enjoying the ORAS OU ladder, i just find it hard to keep up with the new megas and all the threats. I mean XY has a lot of threats but much less than ORAS. I reckon a lot of people will enjoy the XY ladder to be revived since quite a few people said that XY>ORAS.

TI edit: The formats represent the latest game of a generation. Gen 5 is BW2 and Gen 6 is ORAS. We will not be adding a separate ladder based on what a few people dislike.

Rejected

The Diabolic Gift

Banned deucer.
Suggestion: New Command- /clearpms
Reason 1:
As a auth of the mafia room who hosts a lot of games my pm's often get loaded I need to refresh the page, then go back to mafia, hope someone else didn't start hosting then host again. Not to mention the theme Lighthouse fills your pm's without even needing to host. without cleared pm's everything is unorgainized, unprofessional and generally confusing.
Reason 2: As someone who has played "Survivor" I could imagine it would be just as hard as mafia to host.
Reason 3: Keep your pm's orgainized

Also Gastrodon+ Shellos east sea

sirD edit: /clearpms Done

A command that could perhaps be /leavepm [username] or something like that, but leaves a message for a certain user. For example, "/leavepm unfixable, hello there" would send unfixable a PM when he logs on to know that a user is looking for them. Not sure how useful it would be, but it could be nice to alert people.

Allow battlers to ban annoying users from a battle. You may say just do /ignore, but I had some guy repeatedly change his name so he could annoy me throughout my battle, which isn't stopped by /ignore, and modchat doesn't stop (username) joined. Also, I want to humiliate these trolls.

/ignore ip [user] would work too.

Allow battlers to ban annoying users from a battle. You may say just do /ignore, but I had some guy repeatedly change his name so he could annoy me throughout my battle, which isn't stopped by /ignore, and modchat doesn't stop (username) joined. Also, I want to humiliate these trolls.

/ignore ip [user] would work too.
You can use /modjoin for preventing users joining your battle

tehy

Banned deucer.
A lot of the time, my tab is too small to show battle + chat ; i'd like an option to be able to adjust battle size, or manually force PS to show the chat regardless of how small the battle is and adjust both. Often i don't need the extra space and i can fit a small chat bar, but PS decides that i don't / can't? Please do

I think i'm in the right topic for making a suggestion so i'd like to suggest a metagame with VGC rules but on single 6vs6 i didn't find it is was suggested or not^^

You can use /modjoin for preventing users joining your battle
That doesn't help when they're already in though, what I mean is a way to kick a spammer out. I don't mind users coming in my battle as long as I can kick annoying ones out, which there is no way to do. I've already said when modchat + ignore don't work fully.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That doesn't help when they're already in though, what I mean is a way to kick a spammer out. I don't mind users coming in my battle as long as I can kick annoying ones out, which there is no way to do. I've already said when modchat + ignore don't work fully.
There's an Ignore Spectators button (in settings?) but it's temporary and only covers the battle.

Alternatively, tell a global auth member. We'll fix it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)