Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I would really like it so you can 1v1 yourself using your own built teams to see how team A does against team B.
You can play yourself by opening a private browsing session, logging in to a different alt and challenging your main alt (though you'll need to import the team as private browsing ignores cookies).

That being said, I agree it would be nice to have a native self-test feature.

What about adding Florges' forms on the teambuilder, it is possible to use them, but you need to write them on the import, like: Florges-Yellow @ Leftovers. I think that it would be nice.

It maybe sounds like a weird idea for saving all your Pokémon-data but what do you guys think about a Google-account-sided note-sync with Google Keep? Is this technically even possible?

So you take an Google Keep-Note and it's respective note-ID for example https://keep.google.com/#NOTE/1464079034659.409003442 and add it to your Showdown-account - it reads the data in the note and syncs it from there. So it would mean that it isn't a Cache-based teamsaving-process.

Maybe it sounds too easy for me but hey, that's what asking was invented for!

Was there a Metronome battle in the format before? Because why not? Let's have Metronome Battle as a format in Other Metagames.
(I'm sure there was a suggestion about this)

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Was there a Metronome battle in the format before? Because why not? Let's have Metronome Battle as a format in Other Metagames.
(I'm sure there was a suggestion about this)
there's no need for this because you can just have a metronome battle by challenging someone in anything goes or custom game. it's not that "big" of an idea to be made a metagame anyway--it's just you and your opponent spamming metronome

I think there should be an option to disable auto-IVs on showdown. I have lost my fair share of battles from this showdown auto-IV-ing my pokemon.
Examples:
- My Gengar was timid max speed, but with Trick Room. It auto set speed to 0 and I didn't know so I was being outsped by things like Kangshan in battles. There are many other times where I intend on havig 31 speed IVs on my trick room setter
- My Groudon was min speed with HP Ice and something happened where I left showdown and came back and my IVs switched from 31/1/31/31/31/0 to 31/0/30/31/31/31 and I lost a battle where I didn't underspeed a Dialga.
- My Camerupt was min speed with HP Ice, the IVs auto-set to 31/0/30/31/31/31 and I changed speed to 0 for min speed and that changed my Hidden Power type to electric.

I'm not saying get rid of it, rather just have an option to turn it off. Here is a video of someone struggling with a similar situation to mine with Groudon.

Any chance you could implement a multi battle feature? I've wanted to do this with friends for a while now, because multi battles are really fun ingame.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Any chance you could implement a multi battle feature? I've wanted to do this with friends for a while now, because multi battles are really fun ingame.
Hi this has already been suggested multiple times—it is something that will be very hard to implement so it's very unlikely such a feature will be introduced.

ok so here's my idea: when you log in (one time only) it will ask you if your conpetetive or casual, and you can only see other people who chose the same as you. Or just make a casual player server

Sobi

Banned deucer.
ok so here's my idea: when you log in (one time only) it will ask you if your conpetetive or casual, and you can only see other people who chose the same as you. Or just make a casual player server
hello
i don't really see the need for this because it's not like pokemon showdown is a competitive-only battle simulator, it caters to the needs of people wanting to a) play competitive pokemon b) play 'just-for-fun' pokemon and c) just hang out, having a feature like this would be unnecessary. there are plenty of casual and non-pokemon rooms for people to hang around in, such as pro wrestling, survivor, cosmopolitan, chess, tv, books and films, etc. also, having a server for people to just hang out in is pointless.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
^What Sobi said.
Also,
That's what the ladder is for. The higher ladder rating you have, the more likely you are to run into other players with high ladder rating. And with a low ladder rating, you're more likely to run into other players with low ladder rating.
You won't get a high rating, if you don't play the game competitively. Of course, some low ladder users may just be a new alt of a more experienced user, but they'll most likely get a good rating relatively quickly. It's a more reliable way of separating the more experienced players from newer/more casual players than a 2-option question being asked.

Last edited:
Could we possibly make the "Ignore" command an IP command? It's a bit annoying when people can just change accounts and keep on PMing you, this would also be a good way to reduce trolling and PM spam. I don't know, just a suggestion. Thank you for considering my thoughts if you read this.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Could we possibly make the "Ignore" command an IP command? It's a bit annoying when people can just change accounts and keep on PMing you, this would also be a good way to reduce trolling and PM spam. I don't know, just a suggestion. Thank you for considering my thoughts if you read this.
Though it's not a permanent solution, if you're harassed in PMs and they're evading the /ignore, you can PM a Moderator of the Help room with screenshots of the PMs and let a global staff member help.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
hi, i do understand why you want this change and while i do agree with it being a great way to prevent pm spamming, a lot of users use public ips so it's really not fair if you ignore user x but user y is also on the same ip as x

people can just spam them and there's nothing wrong with doing ":P" , ":)" or ":]" and the like, at the end of the day, most of these suggestions come down to whether or not the public can be trusted to not misuse them :|
But there are roomauths to deal with them

Alright, so this is probably a bit of a pointless or just a dumb idea, but may have some merit, especially to some Tournaments.

What I'm suggesting is a slight change in the music during the Semifinal and Final rounds if possible. In this case, like other themes from Pokemon like Elite Four or some of the console titles like Stadium or Pokemon Colosseum.

Like, For Example, During the Semifinal Rounds, it'd play something like the Cipher Peon theme from XD on one of them, while the Final Round would have something like the Cipher Admin theme from Colosseum. While it may not be much, it'd be a nice added bonus and make tournament matches feel like they put the stakes higher even for those that like that kind of thing. Of course, there's no issue if it were to come during 7th gen, and I'd assume the music to still be randomized if the option was given, but only songs from Pokemon games would play.

I suggest that if the timer is on and a player disconnects and they reconnect the timer be restarted so they get time to select there moves

Does someone of the smogon team ever read this thread?
I went through everything today and passed good suggestions on to Zarel - he'll decide, along with the rest of the development team, whether they should be added.
Would it be at all possible to implement a password protection system for backchannels? Obviously with the caveat that auth could bypass it.
We have /modjoin.
Would it be possible to create a shortcut in the /rank command? e.g. "/rank [user], ag" or "/rank [user], bh" instead of "/rank [user], anythinggoes" or "/rank [user], balancedhackmons" respectively, as it would make things a lot easier when trying to do a quick /rank on an opponent before a match, and less annoying if they play a bunch of metas and preventing you from scrolling through dozens of metas to find the meta you want to know their rank in. I can help with creating the shortcuts for metas w/ longer names if whoever implements this (if it gets approved) would like the help. I feel like this is a reasonably valid suggestion as there are already shortcuts for joining rooms (e.g. /j om instead of /j othermetas) and it would make life a lot easier, particularly when you're trying to have a conversation simultaneously. Sorry if this is too bothersome to implement/generally irrelevant to everyone else/has been suggested before and denied (I'm not about to read 32 pages rof).
I don't know when this was added, but it's a feature.
the number of spectators should be displayed in battles
I've added this to the list.

I'm not going to reply to everything I added because there are around 40 approved suggestions, but I've picked out lots of things from reading through this thread. I'll post the approved suggestions here in a few days after we've discussed them internally. Thanks everyone for posting your thoughts so far - we're listening, I promise!

Going to quickly post a few things that have been implemented over the last few months in this thread, in case people aren't following:
  • the team preview shows items like in-game
  • there is now a tailwind counter
  • global staff is clarified on the usercard
  • /data nature is available to show the effect of natures
  • you can reset the win/loss rating for accounts
  • you can type /rank user, tier for a user's rank in a specific tier
We're still going through the technicalities of other suggestions - just posting the currently resolved ones for anyone interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)