Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

peach

just know that if you hide it doesn't go away
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There should be a command that clears commands. I know the command /clear, but that clears the entire chat.
you can leave and rejoin the room if you dont mind losing a bit of the backlog

the ability for players to rename their battle rooms. it could be useful for tour games to name battles like 'game 1','game 3', 'finals', etc... and it would be nice to be able to give them a funny name rather than something like gen7ou-248757

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Split the Scholastic into two rooms, Politics, and University.

The ban on "Politics" for the week is quite clearly an indication that the room owners are simply "tired" of Politics and as such, beg's the question, why not just make a dedicated politics room? I see absolutely no negatives within this approach. Everyone in the Politics room will be on the same page, there won't be any people passing by who are ill-informed on Politics... well at least, weren't looking to in some way inform themselves and those who disliked politics would be free to stay in "University."

Those who make the claim that Politics "is to niche," I think are being a bit dishonest. This is an anecdote from a person with a single post on this forum, so take it will as much salt as you'd like but the majority of the discussions within scholastic are about Politics. Maybe it's my own bias towards Politics that makes me see it this way but I'm sure if there was a tangible way to prove this, the evidence would lean in my favour. However, I'm sure those would oppose me would believe otherwise and as such, will simply advise them that a room about "Pro-Wrestling," exists, niches aren't a very big issue quite clearly.

I think the honest reason why this split hasn't occurred, is that there's an understanding that Politics takes up such a large portion of the discussions, that it could lead to a substantial drop in interest in the Scholastic room. If that were to be the case, then having a "no politics" week would be counter-productive to the goals of scholastic, so why is it thing? Either way, I think this split would only benefit both sides, the Politics nerds will be free to have our circle jerk of Liberalism and the University-goers/larpers are free to get each other to do their math homework and brag about their degrees, in their own respective rooms.

Thanks for reading!
Room requests go here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/room-server-requests.359/
But I would advise talking to the roomstaff about the no politics rule, to get an understanding of why they banned it, if you haven't already.

I have a suggestion: Moves filter
Im an oldschool player, who likes showdown for fun, not just for competitive and annoying moves (Like: Baton pass, Stealth rock, Swagger, Spikes, Toxic spikes, Minimize, etc).
I would like a custom "filter" for each player of moves.
I mean, imagine that you have your "own" filter of moves, so, when you search for an opponent, the engine automatically discard the opponents who have those moves

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is probably a longshot, but it would be nice if ladder decided who is ranked above one another with equal ELO based on who has the higher GXE, instead of by name (That's what I think the ladder does in the event of ELO ties, not 100% sure). That makes the ladder slightly more indicative of skill. Kind of annoying to be denied #1 because my name starts with T. If the players have the same ELO and GXE, then ranking them alphabetically becomes appropriate again.

This would probably require a ladder reset, so I can understand if y'all wouldn't be down for this, but it seems like a just change imo

Btw thank you for implementing the ladder refresh button a few months back, makes me feel good that one of my suggestions was taken into account :) Though I'm sure a lot of people wanted it too

Last edited:
I believe that we should have more customization options related to vanity. My idea is to add the ability to customize pokéballs with seals similar to the generation 4 games and being able to choose what pokéball your pokemon comes out in. My idea for the script inside the Import/Export menu that determines what your pokémon is and does is to have script lines after the moves that read:
Pokeball: {Name}
Example:
Pokeball: Master
For the generation 4 script:
Seal: X,Y {type}-{subtype}
Example:
Seal: 0,0 Smoke-B
Seal: -2,4 Electric-C
Seal: 2,4 Electric-C
For letters:
Seal: X,Y {Letter}-{Color}
Example:
Seal: -6,0 P-Red
Seal: -2,0 O-Red
Seal: 2,0 K-Red
Seal: 6,0 E-Red
As for changing these things outside of the Import/Export menu, an interactive menu would be added to the level/gender/happiness/shiny menu or a clickable option displaying the customized pokéball would be placed between the item picture and the stats display. It would look similar to the way it is pictured here: https://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/stickers.shtml, but it would also have a section for pokéballs that, when clicked, places a menu below the seal customization that lists all the pokéballs' appearances, names, and opening animations similarly to the way that the moves are listed, but with name furthest left, picture in the middle, and opening animation shown on the right.

For displaying the opening animations without 3D models, just use the gen 4 animations, but for when a player has 3D models, seal animations will have to be created and I recommend that they are displayed in front of the pokémon when the pokémon lands instead of when the pokéball opens.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
quite a small thing, a way for ro's to view just the roomintro without having to broadcast it or having the whole chat move up from the html code please?

ability to create a proom locked only to yourself, its purpose would be so you could command spam (!dt etc.) without having to choose a room to clog those up with or having to scroll up through chat to the find the info ( privately broadcasted commands still bloat the chat from your perspective).

ability to create a proom locked only to yourself, its purpose would be so you could command spam (!dt etc.) without having to choose a room to clog those up with or having to scroll up through chat to the find the info ( privately broadcasted commands still bloat the chat from your perspective).
You can mostly do this already. Just take a battle chat that isn't active and do it there, or if you don't like that just take a dead room (there are plenty of prooms like this if you have invites, or some of the public ones are also mostly dead).

It would be nice if it was possible to replace players during a tour. That can be used if a player leaves in the first round and would get dq'd otherwise.
Maybe it could look like this: /tour replace [username], [username] with the second username replacing the first one.
Edit: Alternatively the tour sign ups could still be open in round one and players being replaced automatically at random after someone gets dq'd. This should probably not stack (should the second player gets dq'd as well, there should be no third one since otherwise player could be replaced indefinitely). That might be more difficult to implement though.

Last edited:
There should be a setting where you can mass ignore or simply cut off all communication between you and the other players on showdown. So those who can't stomach others and what they might have to say can enjoy the player vs player battling and that alone. When I log out the ignore list clears. I always block pms. But it's not enough. I want to battle, not engage in potentially harmful to the mind conversations with others. Don't get me wrong not everyone's toxic but I'd simply like to battle and that alone here. Please implement a mass ignore setting so us sensitive personas can utilize it and get into the battle rather than the talk and circling bigotry of the masses. Hearthstone gets it.

Show down, not only rigged, but ran by bias mods
Had that been me I would've received a crazy amount of time. Modded by teenagers and ran by kids. Once I find something more productive, or fun to put my time into I will do that instead.

Shii I might actually start buying the real Pokemon games again so I won't have to deal with any of this. The actual ip owners know what they're doing, and don't take sides.

Attachments

Last edited:
So, I feel like the Pokémon sprites that signifies that their fainted is rather difficult to see, at least for me, making it kinda hard for me to tell who's fainted and who's not. I feel like a lower opacity might help, or even giving it a darker tint

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Would you please upload all pokemon battle themes and provide enable/disable options to select which ones play? The website is near flawless and this would complete it. Maybe even sliders like in SSBB & Smash 4.
You can just play a music of your choice from a different tab and mute the one on PS

Would you please upload all pokemon battle themes and provide enable/disable options to select which ones play? The website is near flawless and this would complete it. Maybe even sliders like in SSBB & Smash 4.
When this came up before I believe the answer was that there is some sort of copyright issues around it that they can't do anything about and also yea, just do this:
You can just play a music of your choice from a different tab and mute the one on PS

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hello, I'm unsure if this has been addressed already or is unreasonable but it doesn't hurt to ask.

My suggestion was that maybe it could be possible to have a /blockpms command that blocks only unregistered users. (Kind of like autoconfirm chat). I think this would help protect from trolls who troll in PMs (like Gats) and are able to bypass /ignore with different alts that are all unregistered. Not sure if this is a reasonable suggestion but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)