Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two suggestions:

1) remove the short disconnect timer/make it longer. This has been suggested multiple times, but hasn't been done yet, despite being such a simple change to the code.

2) make Smogon and Showdown compliant to GPDR.

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Then probably give roomauth the ability to add, subtract and edit the overall leaderboards.
If Leaderboards were implemented, having the ability to add/subtract points/score would be really important especially for the Tournaments Room considering we are often needing to remove illegitimately gained points via collusion and similar issues - which becomes especially important during our Smogon room event qualification periods as all room tours contribute towards qualification.

Also, I would like to suggest that if Leaderboards were implemented to rooms that they be optional to Room Owners on a room-by-room basis as opposed to mandatory

I apologise if any of what I just said was already intended

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
I have more suggestions!
Add an option to download replays from Pokémon Showdown´s replay website.
Add a option to copy other user team if he had the "Permit copy my team" option enabled.
Add more help descriptions to commands like /globaldeauth, /uptime, /globalde(group) and more.
Improve global ban looking (to a better one that covers all the screen).
Make PS! privacy policy compliant with European GPDR.
Add colours to global staff when used /auth command (the image below is an example from other PS server, I don´t advertising it just using it as example) for Admin/Leaders Bold and Italic name letters, for the rest of the staff Bold name letters with their correspond color name.
bandicam 2018-06-07 08-00-41-551.jpg

hope you enjoy my suggestions! :)

Last edited:

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
It downloads the replay as a HTML file to your computer, HTML files are displayed in a web browser, even if it originates from your computer.
Yes but that is not the definition to "download" the replay, I think is best to entirely download the replay in .avi or .mp4

Yes but that is not the definition to "download" the replay, I think is best to entirely download the replay in .avi or .mp4
The point of saving it as an HTML file is to get the comments along with the battle. I'm not entirely sure if you could simply save the video itself, although it sounds like something that would have to be added by site staff.

I like this idea, can you elaborate how it would work? Would it store data on the server (in json (permanent) or just in a variable (till the next chat hotpatch/restart)), or would data be input into a command by a bot/person?

The mafia room has a leaderboard for their plugin that I could reuse as a global thing. (/mafia lb)
I'd think that storing it as a variable that can be reset would be best as a JSON file would get very, very large and would be a pain to load after a server reset. It might be annoying to have a leaderboard wipe anytime a reset happens, but I think it's the more efficient option.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
The point of saving it as an HTML file is to get the comments along with the battle. I'm not entirely sure if you could simply save the video itself, although it sounds like something that would have to be added by site staff.
mm I don´t think that lol, in that case they can add a option to download the video without comments, and to download it with comments pasted at the right of the video, a mix video it will be nice, also nice opinion and in what time PS and Smogon will complaint with GPDR?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The battles you see on PS and the replay viewer are HTML, not a video, thats why they are dowloaded as HTML.
in what time PS and Smogon will complaint with GPDR?
I am not a lawyer but this is what I think:
Article 17(1)(a) States:
1. The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:

(a) the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
and this covers our usage of personal information (IP addresses) to enforce punishments.
http://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/article-17-right-to-erasure-'right-to-be-forgotten'-GDPR.htm

No, that' not enough. For example, I can't find a privacy policy, and there's no way to download the personal data Smogon and Showdown have saved about me.

And you have to delete saved IP addresses after some time, like a month, you're no longer allowed to save them forever.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here is the privacy policy. Yes, it is currently not fully GDPR complaint. We are aware and it will be addressed.

This isnt a good place to debate GDPR intricacies, but E: (the specific thing you claimed about the GDPR, not the entire GDPR itself) is said is not an automatic true statement.

Last edited by a moderator:

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
I have more suggestions:
-Make /bash command broadcastable, so if you do !bash you can broadcast any information you can find in broadcast for example the firewall rules etc.
-introduce DynoBot to all Smogon´s Discord: this bot is fully customizable and you can change its name to AndyBot for example, the bot provides temp-mutes, temp-bans, kick with a fully customizable command like /mute (user) (time) (reason).
Here is the privacy policy. Yes, it is currently not fully GDPR complaint. We are aware and it will be addressed.

This isnt a good place to debate GDPR intricacies, but what you said is not an automatic true statement.
Ok, but I don´t understand the part you say that GDPR is not a true statement, I think if Google its changging its privacy policy, that is a powerfull statement (applies for all Europe, and all websites reachable in Europe).

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
-Make /bash command broadcastable, so if you do !bash you can broadcast any information you can find in broadcast for example the firewall rules etc.
/bash is a command that executes commands that you normally type into a terminal/command prompt. We don't need to broadcast the results of this, if the results of /bash need to be shared with someone, the user of /bash can tell them what the result it.
-introduce DynoBot to all Smogon´s Discord: this bot is fully customizable and you can change its name to AndyBot for example, the bot provides temp-mutes, temp-bans, kick with a fully customizable command like /mute (user) (time) (reason).
This thread is only for PS suggestions.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
/bash is a command that executes commands that you normally type into a terminal/command prompt. We don't need to broadcast the results of this, if the results of /bash need to be shared with someone, the user of /bash can tell them what the result it.

This thread is only for PS suggestions.
I understand but for example in the staff private room (I know of its existence) global admins needs to broadcast bash, otherwise what is the place for smogon discord suggestions?
I also have one suggestion more:
Disable underline for all users & staff names, because underline when you click on a user profile is very annoying, also hides special characters such as "_" from Andy
bandicam 2018-06-08 12-20-47-902.jpg

Suggestion (I may not be on the right forum): to reproduce maximally the "retro effect" on formats of the old generations ([Gen 1] OU, [Gen 3] UU or [Gen 5] Uber), we use the sprites and the backgrounds of the time (until then, nothing surprising). Is it possible to also have the cries of the time (before the remastering in gen 6)? With these recognizable sounds of all (Pikachu, Kyogre, Reshiram or Musharna). It seems to me that the cries on Showdown have been replaced only in 2016 (so I guess they are perfectly recoverable). It's obviously a bit cosmetic but if we can further optimize the old formats, Showdown can only be better
To avoid that my post remains unanswered and falls into oblivion, I allow myself to refresh

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
Suggestion (I may not be on the right forum): to reproduce maximally the "retro effect" on formats of the old generations ([Gen 1] OU, [Gen 3] UU or [Gen 5] Uber), we use the sprites and the backgrounds of the time (until then, nothing surprising). Is it possible to also have the cries of the time (before the remastering in gen 6)? With these recognizable sounds of all (Pikachu, Kyogre, Reshiram or Musharna). It seems to me that the cries on Showdown have been replaced only in 2016 (so I guess they are perfectly recoverable). It's obviously a bit cosmetic but if we can further optimize the old formats, Showdown can only be better
I think we used to have them, if we did then their removal was probably a mistake. I'll ask about it.

Can we have an option to turn off automatically filled in IVs based on move choices. When I use Last Resort Eevee for its Z-Move I want its Attack IVs at 0 however I frequently get confronted with the fact that it changes back to 31 on its own, this would also help when intentionally running 0 defensive IVs or some other specific number to not get OHKOd by something but still live for some type of Berry like Salac or Sitrus.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
Hello, I have more suggestions!
-When you write a commend for PM or Room, you have a way in which you can add a second line, it can be enter so one click on enter will create a new line, and double click on enter will send the message.
-Add an option on the forums or PS in which a user can be set as your 'account administrator' so he can block your PS/Forum account in the case the account gets stolen or you lose the password, obviously staff can unblock your account, demote account administrators etc, etc.
-Update the global ban looking so you get totally blocked when global banned and not just semi-blocked.
⚠Please be respectfull with my suggestions, because you can decrease my imagination level if you say something very negative about it, I accept a "good suggestion but we can't add it" thank you for understand⚠

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
-When you write a commend for PM or Room, you have a way in which you can add a second line, it can be enter so one click on enter will create a new line, and double click on enter will send the message.
Shift + enter, works in all chats and pms
-Update the global ban looking so you get totally blocked when global banned and not just semi-blocked.
What do you mean by semi-blocked? When your globally banned your not allowed to connect to the server you were banned from for 1 week. Possibly what your describing is a bug?

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
Shift + enter, works in all chats and pms

What do you mean by semi-blocked? When your globally banned your not allowed to connect to the server you were banned from for 1 week. Possibly what your describing is a bug?
Thanks for the helpfull answer, in the past I don't know the Shift + Enter option, that's exatly I am looking for; in the global ban case, you get a kick screen every time you enter PS, that kick screen does not covers/applies for all the screen/monitor, the user can still see details of his account seeing the right of the kick screen, my suggestion is to improve that kick screen, this is only cosmetical looking and is not a bug, but I think is necesary to ask for an improvement of the kick screen.

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
in the global ban case, you get a kick screen every time you enter PS, you that kick screen does not covers/applies for all the windows, the user can still see details of his account seeing the right of the kick screen, my suggestion is to improve that kick screen, only cosmetica, but I think is necesary.
Thanks for the suggestion, but global bans are meant to prevent the banned user from using the online features of pokemon showdown. They are still allowed to edit their account, use the teambuilder, view the ladder, and anything else that dosent require a connection to the server (client side events only). In addition, users can close the ban popup after viewing it.

xJolteon

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the suggestion, but global bans are meant to prevent the banned user from using the online features of pokemon showdown. They are still allowed to edit their account, use the teambuilder, view the ladder, and anything else that dosent require a connection to the server (client side events only). In addition, users can close the ban popup after viewing it.
Yes, the features of the suggestion is that the ban popup covers all the screen, the user can not edit his account, or literary the banned user can't do anything except view the ban screen, also users can not close the ban popup, I think this suggestion if very good for improvement punishments, at least I think is good for permabans or even global bans.
Also, if you in the future implement some GPDR features such as a "download all my information" button, you can denied the "download all my information" button to global banned/permabanned users (also add some text in the Terms of Services of PS! saying that you lose your "download all my information" button if you got global banned/permabanned and if your punishment expires, you will recover your "download all my information" button.
I also have more suggestions!
-When you ignore a user (/ignore), the room messages of that user will be show to you but with spoiler formatting, so if you want to see what he is saying, you need to click on his spoiler message like Discord.
-When you fail to login too much times (5) your IP will be temporary-blocked from login to that account for 2 days or more, this to prevent brute force attacks.
-Add a HTML-to-video converter to the PS replay website, so users can download his replays in .AVI or .MP4 format to his PC's HDD or SSD.
-Add a command to convert decimal notation to scientific notation and viceversa and make it broadcast posible, so !scalc or /scalc (Scientific calculator) will work, broadcast for Room Voices, Global Voices also add /help desc. for that command.
-Add a help desc. for /uptime, also add a broadcast posible version of it (!uptime).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)