Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The toxic percentage that is shown appears to be the damage that will be taken the turn after the next. I think it would be an improvement to show damage that will be taken on the current turn

I want to make a suggestion.

Make it so on replays, it's possible to download either players team. As in get either teams entire moveset and stat spreads for their teams. So someone can just look up the current most winning player's on a ladder most recent replay, and then download their team if they want. Getting top players movesets is already somewhat possible just looking up replays and copying all the pokemon and moves you see. But still stuff like exact EV spreads will always be unknown. So I think there should just be a way to download them.

Make it so on replays, it's possible to download either players team. As in get either teams entire moveset and stat spreads for their teams. So someone can just look up the current most winning player's on a ladder most recent replay, and then download their team if they want. Getting top players movesets is already somewhat possible just looking up replays and copying all the pokemon and moves you see. But still stuff like exact EV spreads will always be unknown. So I think there should just be a way to download them.
What if a player, y'know, doesn't want all their teams in an easily steal-able format?

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus

You could just ask for the team. That saves everyone a lot of trouble.
Besides it just ruins the fun/originality even more, since it just promotes everyone to copy each other and not learn how to play the metas

You could just ask for the team. That saves everyone a lot of trouble.
Besides it just ruins the fun/originality even more, since it just promotes everyone to copy each other and not learn how to play the metas
Most of the time the people who you want team's aren't online so you can't ask them.

If my opinion is to be taken, I wouldn't want people to just freely copy my teams (especially if I run more specific items/moves/EVs/etc).

You wouldn't want to make a really good team and get it plagiarized, yknow.
I wouldn't have any problem with it and like I said, people can already take peoples teams down to the abilities items and movesets by looking at replays. This would just make it more precise. Also there should be an option for people to stop their replays from being uploaded, which I don't think currently exists.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I wouldn't have any problem with it and like I said, people can already take peoples teams down to the abilities items and movesets by looking at replays. This would just make it more precise. Also there should be an option for people to stop their replays from being uploaded, which I don't think currently exists.
And how are you gonna know the exact sets? What if the opponent is using a specific EV set? What if they run Trick Room team and run specific Speed IVs? What if they run a strange move they haven't revealed or an ability?

There's no real point to be able to just copy to every single detail other people's teams if you ask me.

And how are you gonna know the exact sets? What if the opponent is using a specific EV set? What if they run Trick Room team and run specific Speed IVs? What if they run a strange move they haven't revealed or an ability?

There's no real point to be able to just copy to every single detail other people's teams if you ask me.
The point is to take their team that has apparently had a lot of success if you're wanting to take it.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The point is to take their team that has apparently had a lot of success if you're wanting to take it.
And why would I want that? My objective is to win with the team, not have it plagiarized and later CTeamed much easier. + You could claim it and just submit it as a sample team and then claim it as your own-made team. How are you gonna prevent that from happening?

Would it be possible to add monotype and !monotype to /ds parameters? Would be nice to have.
Hi! What do you want to say exactly by the parameter monotype ? I think you can do what you want with the parameter "<type> type" (e.g grass type, in which you'll get only grass type pokemon, and !grass type with which you'll get every none grass type corresponding to your parameters). Note that you can forbid several pokemon types with this parameter (or demand several types but this is not very useful...).

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
Hi! What do you want to say exactly by the parameter monotype ? I think you can do what you want with the parameter "<type> type" (e.g grass type, in which you'll get only grass type pokemon, and !grass type with which you'll get every none grass type corresponding to your parameters). Note that you can forbid several pokemon types with this parameter (or demand several types but this is not very useful...).
(S)he meant a param that searches for pure-types and dual-types

I personally myself would like this to have

That is indeed what I meant. The Param would filter out or in pokemon with 1 or 2 types, however it's implemented. So, if I did like "/ds grass type, monotype" I would only get Tangela, Tangrowth, etc

Can we have more information for registration? I enjoy the time that I been on this site but we all know the site suffer with trolls a lot. I proposed having more information for registration. Requiring a email address or a phone number. It's not going to eradicate the problem entirely but if we add more information with registration plus the ability to ban IPs the site troll factor will decrease significantly.

Love LocoTrell,

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Can we have more information for registration? I enjoy the time that I been on this site but we all know the site suffer with trolls a lot. I proposed having more information for registration. Requiring a email address or a phone number. It's not going to eradicate the problem entirely but if we add more information with registration plus the ability to ban IPs the site troll factor will decrease significantly.

Love LocoTrell,
Bans are already IP based and having an email registration in the days of GDPR isn't worth the hassle + the added COPPA that would follow. Users don't have to register their accounts even to troll certain rooms so it won't prevent as much as you might think.

Reactions: GW
My idea won't be new, but i still want to share it with you.

What if.. PS would be divided.

"But YouGotMeLOL, what do you mean?" I got you: Imagine you're a new User that joins Pokemon Showdown and you want to join a specific room, but cant find it instantly?

Here's an example: A German User is new. He wants to join a german room (shoutouts @deutsche) but doesnt want to scroll or missed the room while scrolling. The User think's there isnt a room.

And now we're here. What if every room is in a "Main Topic"?

Examples: Every Language-Room can be find under "Language Rooms" , every Games room under "Games Room/Showdown Games" or something like that, and so on. In my Opinion, it would be easier for new User to find the Room they want. Nearly no room is 24/7 filled with ~50/60 People so it can be missed pretty easy.

I guess this is maybe a bit work and cant be done from one day to another, but yeah, its worth imo.

Love, a god damn Zangoose fanboy

What is stopping the trolls now? There is very little Safeguard against them. They are extremely Toxic. They just bring a Sludge Wave of hate and annoyance to all the chat rooms.

What is stopping the trolls now? There is very little Safeguard against them. They are extremely Toxic. They just bring a Sludge Wave of hate and annoyance to all the chat rooms.
We have global staff in every room who take care of trolls on a global level. On top of that each room is equipped with their own room staff who are able to deal with trolls on a room level.

If users are trolling in battles or pms all it takes is one report to a global staff member found in the dedicated room for those issues known as the Help room. If users are trolling in a room there are a number of staff online at any given time to help.

We have lots of ways to help combat trolls but these are just the most common ways.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
In addition, PS's low barrier of entry (only requiring a week old account registered with just a username/password) is part of our philosiphy, it would be a major change for the site and not easy to execute. Also, emails can be made and used for trolling easily, people even do that on smogon. So at this time, were not going to require an email/phone number.

In the same vein as my previous proposal, I suggest as small change for the old formats the replacement of current menu sprites (since the gen 6) by oldest (gen 3 to 5). This 2012 replay clearly shows that menu sprites was replaced at the arrival of XY (and they were motionless, unlike the cartridge). If we want to optimize all the way, we can even use menu sprites of gen 2 (see this battle in Crystal) and gen 1 (see this battle in Yellow). But it's more controversial to install because they are only 37 for 251 mons in gen 2 and only 11 for 151 mons in gen 1 (the risk of confusion between mons in the interface of the Showdown battles is important). To better visualize all that, I created here the list of mons by menu sprites (for compare between generations). And finally, here we have the image bank of these famous files.
Since no one has responded to this proposal, I guess I have not been understandable enough. That's why I'll try to explain again (and with screens):
Miniatures de la 1G.png
Miniatures de la 2G.png
Miniatures de la 5G.png
Miniatures de la 6G.png
Miniatures par génération.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)