Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very minor suggestion for the damage calc, unnecessary even

You can already tamper with the defending Pokemon's HP to see if the attacking Pokemon can KO the opponent at their present HP. The text it will spit out will be something like 252 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Iron Head vs. +4 0 HP / 0- Def Diancie-Mega: 148-176 (61.4 - 73%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO. In the example I posted, I was calculating with Diancie-Mega's HP at 71%. The math is right, but I think it'd be a bit cooler and more streamlined from the calc if instead of 18.8% chance to OHKO it became 18.8% chance to KO from 71% to reflect the change in HP that the user had entered.

Hello

First of all, pardon me for the possible errors of English, for this is not my language.

I have been playing Pokémon since 1999 in the former gameboy and competitively since the old Shoddy Battle and have returned shortly; I decided to create this account to open a discussion about an idea I had with some friends:

CROSSOVER GEN

What is it?

Basically a new metagame where players can choose any of the existing generations (RB, BW, XY and etc) with their respective mechanics; for example, a player may choose to play RS mechanics against another player using GS or XY mechanics.

It's worth everything, such as movements and Pokémon available (in RB for example only the original 151 Pokémon and only the movements of that generation will be available), as well as the movements and effects will be according to the chosen generation. Items only from GS and etc.

Team preview in all generations, because that existed in the Stadium of the N64.

You can always just upload whatever image you want yourself using the Choose File button
Ofc such an option is available,i'm just saying that if there were a slightly more wide range of BGs for new users to choose,it would be a lot less trouble than explaining it to them. Having a bit more backgrounds (like the Monochrome,Pokemon Center,Team Plasma ones from BW) are good for people who wants to keep stuff simple. What I originally had in mind was a "Pokemon Showdown!" BG which is quite obviously better than solid blue, which looks icy. I'm not saying we need a ton of BGs, just a few more simple ones in the default list.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm not sure how fond are the devs of this, but what do you think of adding some flags for abilities regarding /dt and /ds? For example, flags that show the ability is ignored by Mold Breaker, the gen it was introducted in and if it can be surpassed/Skill Swapped/is hardcoded on a specific Pokemon.

Edit: /ds as in an ability searcher like /ms, /ds and /isearch

"OU Ash Greninja" or something to that effect should be added as one of regular Greninja's sets on the calculator, to make it easier to calc for Ash Greninja pre-transformation.

It would be nice if the tooltip showed the post-mega stats of a pokemon holding its mega stone before it actually mega evolves. Especially in random battles with speed decreasing megas like Garchomp it is really useful to know if you still outspeed stuff.

In the same vein as my previous proposal, I suggest as small change for the old formats the replacement of current menu sprites (since the gen 6) by oldest (gen 3 to 5). This 2012 replay clearly shows that menu sprites was replaced at the arrival of XY (and they were motionless, unlike the cartridge). If we want to optimize all the way, we can even use menu sprites of gen 2 (see this battle in Crystal) and gen 1 (see this battle in Yellow). But it's more controversial to install because they are only 37 menu sprites for 251 mons in gen 2 and only 11 for 151 mons in gen 1 (the risk of confusion between mons in the interface of the Showdown battles is important). To better visualize all that, I created here the list of mons by menu sprites (for compare between generations). And finally, here we have the image bank of these famous files.
What can I do concretely for someone to finally react? This is the fourth time I'm retrying (I feel that it will be still long)

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
In the same vein as my previous proposal, I suggest as small change for the old formats the replacement of current menu sprites (since the gen 6) by oldest (gen 3 to 5). This 2012 replay clearly shows that menu sprites was replaced at the arrival of XY (and they were motionless, unlike the cartridge). If we want to optimize all the way, we can even use menu sprites of gen 2 (see this battle in Crystal) and gen 1 (see this battle in Yellow). But it's more controversial to install because they are only 37 for 251 mons in gen 2 and only 11 for 151 mons in gen 1 (the risk of confusion between mons in the interface of the Showdown battles is important). To better visualize all that, I created here the list of mons by menu sprites (for compare between generations). And finally, here we have the image bank of these famous files.
Probably not done since atm we have higher priorities. Also gen 1 and 2 minisprites arent informative of what each player has (you would have to hover to find out).

Hi, I wanted to suggest that we could add an optional rule to enforce a level clause on all gens, for example, we sometimes have Gen 2 Little Cup tournaments at the Ruins of Alph chat room, but some players are disqualified because they used level 100 mons (Little Cup only allows level 5 pokémon). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello, I have a request for when we are battling on Showdown. Most of the chat during battles is toxic - swearing, aggressive call-outs, complaining of hax, it never ends. I am aware there is an option to block the chat under "battle options" at the beginning of every battle. But of course, this is very repetitive to have to do it every single battle. Can we please implement an option on Showdown where you don't have to ever see what the opponent or spectators are saying? Like an option where we click our avatar and battle setting, to go "silent mode" or something, where we don't have to read their chat EVER. I'm so sick of the negativity and toxic behavior!!

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hello, I have a request for when we are battling on Showdown. Most of the chat during battles is toxic - swearing, aggressive call-outs, complaining of hax, it never ends. I am aware there is an option to block the chat under "battle options" at the beginning of every battle. But of course, this is very repetitive to have to do it every single battle. Can we please implement an option on Showdown where you don't have to ever see what the opponent or spectators are saying? Like an option where we click our avatar and battle setting, to go "silent mode" or something, where we don't have to read their chat EVER. I'm so sick of the negativity and toxic behavior!!
Zarel has been mostly against all sorts of toggle options that block messages from others to show, either perma ignore in battles or perma ignores on individual users. Most battles shouldn't have toxic chat qualities and if they do they can always be reported to global staff instead of just trying to ignore them and let them do this to other users.

I agree with you Misty Swims, when I play Gen 7 I have to mute my opponents and the spectators every time since current gens tend to be full mostly of idiots, so it would be nice If we had an option to mute all the battles instead of having to do it one time after another.

There should be a feature to save particular sets and you can just apply em.

Also, more avatars! Should be customizable like Pokemon Go... just all clothing are frer

Apagogie

Zee you later
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
0% to 3HKO.PNG

4HKO.PNG

I never know if 0% to xHKO means effectively that there is no chance to be xHKO or just 99,9% to dont be. If in practise, there is no really influence (except being really unlucky), it's sometimes important when you do some spreads.

Thank you anyway for the work you're doing on smogon guys !

peach

just know that if you hide it doesn't go away
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if this has been suggested already or not, but could you add a global option to ignore your opponent in every match?
Zarel has been mostly against all sorts of toggle options that block messages from others to show, either perma ignore in battles or perma ignores on individual users. Most battles shouldn't have toxic chat qualities and if they do they can always be reported to global staff instead of just trying to ignore them and let them do this to other users.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 138631
View attachment 138632

I never know if 0% to xHKO means effectively that there is no chance to be xHKO or just 99,9% to dont be. If in practise, there is no really influence (except being really unlucky), it's sometimes important when you do some spreads.

Thank you anyway for the work you're doing on smogon guys !
not completely sure on this but i'm pretty sure 0% means it has a chance to kill, but it's so small that it rounds down to 0.

in the first calc you have, silvally has 441 total hp (393 hp + 48 leftovers over 2 turns), which means that it could theoretically get 3hkod by three consecutive max rolls, a 1/4096 chance. don't worry about this, because crits are far more likely anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)