Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on making a command the can rename room names rather than deleting and making a whole room, some rooms maybe not on main have something called like shops/roomintros/extra room stuff but when you delete that room..you have the create the roomshop all over again and so as put n the intro, some people even forget, just a suggestion.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Thoughts on making a command the can rename room names rather than deleting and making a whole room, some rooms maybe not on main have something called like shops/roomintros/extra room stuff but when you delete that room..you have the create the roomshop all over again and so as put n the intro, some people even forget, just a suggestion.
It hasn't been done since there are technical reasons behind it. I don't remember all of them (I tried doing this before) but most notebly modlog/roomlogs are linked by the room's id, changing that changes where the logs/ect go.

Add the option to remove a single team from a custom folder without deleting the team or the folder. It is already possible but you have to go to the backup/restore option for all teams, ctrl+f search for the team you want to remove from the folder and then delete "[folder name]/" in the name of the team. Another method is to drag the team into a different folder. It would be way faster if there was an option like "remove team from folder" in the folder itself.

Furthermore, it would also be great if it was possible to import multiple teams into a custom folder a once. This would also fix the above at the same time. Right now they only have the backup option so you have to import them in all teams and either add "[folder name]/" there for every team or put them into a folder after importing.

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I think it might be annoying for users that (most likely to be staff in a room) get PMs from users they punish in a room. The user might want to /ignore the user but can't in case they start saying more things in the room that isn't allowed. The user might also be PMing someone else so they probably won't want to block PMs. So what I am suggesting is being able to block PMs from a user without blocking all PMs and still being able to see the user's lines in a room.

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
This may not actually be feasible, but I've been thinking for a while that PS could use some way to add external CSS to a roomintro, rather than having to use the style property.

The main reason this is useful is to make dark mode users stop complaining about my light mode roomintros and vice versa it possible for those making roomintros to differentiate between light and dark mode coloring. As well as to let them add classes to their roomintros to avoid repeating the same css (imagine having 8 buttons with the same CSS, that's a pain to both write and read).

Again I don't know to what extent this is possible, if at all, but if it could happen I would love you forever

Hi lobby! I'm back!

I had a suggestion for PS, I was thinking that you guys could put a row in the tournament bracket when tournys are on. For example, put "Round of 64, 32, 16, quarters, semis, finals" above the respective columns. It's simple graphic design I think the tech staff can do and it would make it easier to see what rounds players are in XD

(0TakeaStudyBreak's first post!!!! :D)

Wanted to suggest that the message doesn't show as "battle room expired" to normal users when they (we) try to join modjoined battles, but something like "you are ineligible / you need to be of rank + or higher to join the battle room" would be better to differentiate between expired rooms and modjoined rooms....

I'm a big fan of Pokémon glitches, especially the early games, and I've always dreamed of seeing Nintendo canonizing at least the most famous of them, and of course I'm referring to Missingno.

The concept below changes some things from the original Missingno (types, stats and movepool) to have something more acceptable and at the same time completely according to what a glitchmon is.

First of all, it should be known that there are TWO different Missingno (one for the Red, Green and Blue versions and one for the Yellow version), and the idea is to unite them in one, the most fair would be to use the larger numbers of each version and include Sp. Atk and Sp. Def (in RBY, both were just the "special" then I'll put the Sp. Atk the same as the Sp. Def) to get in this Missingno that would look like this:

HP: 178
Attack: 136
Defense: 11
Sp. Atk: 23
Sp. Def: 23
Speed: 29

* To view the statistics for each Missingno, visit here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/MissingNo.

This Missingno that I am creating is not Normal / Bird as the original Missingno, but is of the type ** Null, that is, it has no weakness against any type, but also have no advantage.

** The idea of the Null type has to do with other glitches present in the RGBY versions that had types with no advantages and weaknesses, such as Glitch type or Cooltrainer type like this: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/%E2%80 % A6% E2% 80% A6

Movepool:

The movepool is quite the face of a glitchmon, having only three moves that I chose because they had a relationship with Missingno and other glithmons:

- Substitute (when transferred to Pokémon Stadium, Missingno becomes the doll that represents the Substitute, and also he learns Substitute via TM)

- Transform ('M (00) is a glitchmon very similar to Missingno and that appeared frequently when trying to find the Missingno, this glitchmon turns into a Ditto after being captured and also when it is transferred to Pokémon Stadium 2, the same happens in this case with Missingno also)

- Nullifier (the signature Missingno move I created, but it is inspired by the infamous move called "Super Glitch" that many glitchmons learned by level, this move in the games caused breakage and freezing of the game and were very powerful, Nullifier is the rectified version of Super Glitch that is a move based on Attack and is of Null type, that is, can hit neutral damage any Pokémon and has 150 BP, 99 PP and 100% ACC, and does not have STAB).

Appearance:

The appearance for the newer games is from a remastered Missingno, I imagine the following picture perfect:

rom_missingno.png

Below, we have the height scale next to an average human being:

large_thumbnail.jpg

Physically, it has a gelatinous body, but rather solid and not very flexible, in fact Missingno can not wiggle much, and it starts to blink when it is defeated this way below, with the image alternating between a man and a generic Pokémon inside the body gelatinous, but blinks so fast that little is perceived the detail:

* Yes, this is another link with Missingno from the old games, which had the same coach image above when you saw Missingno in your party.

Now you have to use the imagination okay: After you stop blinking, Missigno is 100% solid and hard with a clean purple (without the glitches marks) and in the end it shatters in several solid pieces and returns immediately to Pokéball.

Ability and nature:

Null and null, yes, Missingno is not a Pokémon remember?

Pokédex Entry:

"For years, the researchers sought to discover what these mysterious creatures are, today it is known that the Missingno arise spontaneously through dimensional failures, but they are not considered as Pokémon."

Pokedex number is #000

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Pokémon glitches, especially the early games, and I've always dreamed of seeing Nintendo canonizing at least the most famous of them, and of course I'm referring to Missingno.

The concept below changes some things from the original Missingno (types, stats and movepool) to have something more acceptable and at the same time completely according to what a glitchmon is.

First of all, it should be known that there are TWO different Missingno (one for the Red, Green and Blue versions and one for the Yellow version), and the idea is to unite them in one, the most fair would be to use the larger numbers of each version and include Sp. Atk and Sp. Def (in RBY, both were just the "special" then I'll put the Sp. Atk the same as the Sp. Def) to get in this Missingno that would look like this:

* To view the statistics for each Missingno, visit here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/MissingNo.

This Missingno that I am creating is not Normal / Bird as the original Missingno, but is of the type ** Null, that is, it has no weakness against any type, but also have no advantage.

** The idea of the Null type has to do with other glitches present in the RGBY versions that had types with no advantages and weaknesses, such as Glitch type or Cooltrainer type like this: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/%E2%80 % A6% E2% 80% A6

Movepool:

The movepool is quite the face of a glitchmon, having only three moves that I chose because they had a relationship with Missingno and other glithmons:

- Substitute (when transferred to Pokémon Stadium, Missingno becomes the doll that represents the Substitute, and also he learns Substitute via TM)

- Transform ('M (00) is a glitchmon very similar to Missingno and that appeared frequently when trying to find the Missingno, this glitchmon turns into a Ditto after being captured and also when it is transferred to Pokémon Stadium 2, the same happens in this case with Missingno also)

- Nullifier (the signature Missingno move I created, but it is inspired by the infamous move called "Super Glitch" that many glitchmons learned by level, this move in the games caused breakage and freezing of the game and were very powerful, Nullifier is the rectified version of Super Glitch that is a move based on Attack and is of Null type, that is, can hit neutral damage any Pokémon and has 150 BP, 99 PP and 100% ACC, and does not have STAB).

Appearance:

The appearance for the newer games is from a remastered Missingno, I imagine the following picture perfect:

Physically, it has a gelatinous body, but rather solid and not very flexible, in fact Missingno can not wiggle much, and it starts to blink when it is defeated this way below, with the image alternating between a man and a generic Pokémon inside the body gelatinous, but blinks so fast that little is perceived the detail:

* Yes, this is another link with Missingno from the old games, which had the same coach image above when you saw Missingno in your party.

Now you have to use the imagination okay: After you stop blinking, Missigno is 100% solid and hard with a clean purple (without the glitches marks) and in the end it shatters in several solid pieces and returns immediately to Pokéball.

Ability and nature:

Pokédex Entry:

"For years, the researchers sought to discover what these mysterious creatures are, today it is known that the Missingno arise spontaneously through dimensional failures, but they are not considered as Pokémon."

Pokedex number is #000
For something like this, I'd direct you to the OM workshop. https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/metagame-workshop.3598275/page-102#post-7937150 This is the best place to make that dream a reality, but I personally would suggest morphing the idea into a unique metagame format instead of just one Pokemon, although missingno could surely be a big part of it.

For something like this, I'd direct you to the OM workshop. https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/metagame-workshop.3598275/page-102#post-7937150 This is the best place to make that dream a reality, but I personally would suggest morphing the idea into a unique metagame format instead of just one Pokemon, although missingno could surely be a big part of it.
Yes, I posted there, thanks!

But the idea is not to make a new metagame, but to include Missingno in the existing metagame :)

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Missingno was also added as a joke, so I doubt they are gonna be that serious to make it consistent (especially since it's not usable in pretty much every format except Custom).

Missingno was also added as a joke, so I doubt they are gonna be that serious to make it consistent (especially since it's not usable in pretty much every format except Custom).
It was usable in the cartridge format, but it had a lot of problems (mainly because Missingno was often confused with other glitches that really gave problems).

My idea is to resuscitate the Missingno, however corrected and rectified, but without losing its essence.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin

Movepool:

Appearance:

Ability and nature:

Pokédex Entry:

Pokedex number is #000
We emulate the actual games for mechanics, base stats, sprites (barring afd), ect.

A better BW back sprite for zeraora, he is currently just the front sprite, but flipped in the other direction, something like this:

zeraora_b.png
zeraora_bs.png

Would it be possible to implement a (preferably) offline system of battling against bots so you can test out your teams before going into battles against other players?

How about something new for custom game:
Custom game is custom enough but i think this would be cool

The ability to change a pokemon's type: yes this can be changed with certain moves but since its custom game maybe changing their type could be fun too

Custom Moves: Custom moves. Kind of like a selection area for this
You put the move type (physical, special, status)
It's effects (can be effects of other moves or if its like burn paralyze etc, you put the % of it happening)
If it can miss or not, what allows it to not miss
Stats it lowers or boosts
How much PP it has
if its a move like hail or drought, what does it boost
How much damage each turn it does
if its a protect move, if it hits which effect does it apply
Move type(fire water grass etc)
Move name
Then you press Finish, and it can only exist inside custom games, only your moves can be seen and There will be a custom category displaying custom moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)