Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
How about something new for custom game:
Custom game is custom enough but i think this would be cool

The ability to change a pokemon's type: yes this can be changed with certain moves but since its custom game maybe changing their type could be fun too

Custom Moves: Custom moves. Kind of like a selection area for this
You put the move type (physical, special, status)
It's effects (can be effects of other moves or if its like burn paralyze etc, you put the % of it happening)
If it can miss or not, what allows it to not miss
Stats it lowers or boosts
How much PP it has
if its a move like hail or drought, what does it boost
How much damage each turn it does
if its a protect move, if it hits which effect does it apply
Move type(fire water grass etc)
Move name
Then you press Finish, and it can only exist inside custom games, only your moves can be seen and There will be a custom category displaying custom moves
Way too much workl. If you want to modify/add/remove pokemon/items/moves, try programming your own server https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown

I would suggest that idle animations and attack animations be able to be toggled separately. I know that I tend to stare at the monitor while thinking, and I do like a visual cue that I won't miss if I blink, but at the same time I find the idle animations a bit distracting/annoying over a longer play session.

I would suggest that idle animations and attack animations be able to be toggled separately. I know that I tend to stare at the monitor while thinking, and I do like a visual cue that I won't miss if I blink, but at the same time I find the idle animations a bit distracting/annoying over a longer play session.
On the topic of attack animations, it would be nice if the Pokemon sprites themselves used the attack animations from the games. I understand that it would be a big task, as it basically necessitates three times as many sprites than before, but it would still make Pokemon Showdown feel more complete.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Would it be a problem to make /hl delete ask you for confirmation on whenever you want to perform it? I used it to see if it would give me its description and accidentally deleted my list. Alternatively, maybe you could make HL deleting role-backable (type a command to undo the HL deleting).

If you're searching for a battle and you start typing something in the lobby chat, and you find a battle while you're typing, your text will start going into the battle box. This is kind of annoying if you're trying to change some settings using text commands:

1543801665925.png

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Idk if it’s a bug or if it’s intended or what, but unblacklists don’t show up in modlog when maybe they should.

On a related note, nothing to do with nameblacklists show up on modlog in private rooms.

Two suggestions:

1. Always hide command (or once each time you're online), rather than an ionext command. It's ridiculous that one has to enter every game with /hideroom or /ionext, it doesn't allow for anyone just to sit back and play some game without risk of having multiple replays saved of them.

2. A request to remove ladder ranks. Older accounts have multiple tiers that are no longer in use, and never will be again. Pokebank as an example. Perhaps this would need a restriction or criteria needed to avoid the ability to spam this feature.

Raidx

Banned deucer.
Is it possible to add a feature that displays when a user's punishment expires to staff? Like in a format similar to modnote to keep it hidden from the general chat?

Example: X was muted by Y for 7 minutes... X's mute has expired.

It's a no-risk implement that keeps staff on the lookout for troublesome users and would be especially useful for bans as those last a couple days during which a staff member may possibly forget about X user unlike a short 7 minute mute which isn't as forgettable given the short duration.

I don't see any drawbacks and would be easier to monitor such users when a message is displayed signaling an expired punishment.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Is it possible to add a feature that displays when a user's punishment expires to staff? Like in a format similar to modnote to keep it hidden from the general chat?

Example: X was muted by Y for 7 minutes... X's mute has expired.

It's a no-risk implement that keeps staff on the lookout for troublesome users and would be especially useful for bans as those last a couple days during which a staff member may possibly forget about X user unlike a short 7 minute mute which isn't as forgettable given the short duration.

I don't see any drawbacks and would be easier to monitor such users when a message is displayed signaling an expired punishment.
I like the idea, but not as an actual modnoted thing since that would clog up everything real fast if every punishment was doubled in the modlog. A better solution would be like an alternative command, like /roomstatus, that shows all muted, banned, and blacklisted users from said room and how much time was left on each, could even be its own tab like modlog is.

Raidx

Banned deucer.
I like the idea, but not as an actual modnoted thing since that would clog up everything real fast if every punishment was doubled in the modlog. A better solution would be like an alternative command, like /roomstatus, that shows all muted, banned, and blacklisted users from said room and how much time was left on each, could even be its own tab like modlog is.
I was thinking more of an automatic thing since I'm sure most staff won't be conscious about current punishments and thus /roomstatus wouldn't cross their mind. It's also good for informing staff who haven't been online in a while to be on the lookout for so and so after they expire. Of course if there's no other logical approach to this then /roomstatus is fine.

I looked through the OP and didn't see this so here goes
I think it would be a good idea to add the system that tells you the effectiveness of each move your Pokemon knows when used against your opponent on the actual move.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is it possible to have /showjoins also list ALL leaves and joins in a room like instead of this like toggleable?

I used to use a script for it but you guys keep breaking it u_u

Hi something literally every pokemon simulator ever is guilty of is making it difficult to bring up the pokemon select screen without impacting the team you're currently looking at. This would be for the purpose of comparing pokemon (such as their movepool) or determining what benchmarks your EVs should hit (primarily speed). I think using the sim for this purpose is still far more convenient than looking up resources elsewhere (if they even exist), but at present the teambuilder is nonetheless very frustrating to use for this purpose, as switching between teams and individual sets is very frustrating.

I think the best solution would be to allow multiple teambuilder tabs to be opened, but an alternative is to allow players to add comparison sets to the team they're working on, where only the first six sets are saved (obviously), but they can add further slots to allow them to compare (which would obviously be visually distinct from actual sets

Can room tourneys be made to be Best of 3 as well instead of just single or double elimination? This would reflect how forum tournaments are done and be good practice. Best of 3 as in each round you play your opponent up to 3 times, whoever gets to 2 or 3 wins first goes to next round. I feel like it wouldnt be terribly hard to code

Can room tourneys be made to be Best of 3 as well instead of just single or double elimination? This would reflect how forum tournaments are done and be good practice. Best of 3 as in each round you play your opponent up to 3 times, whoever gets to 2 or 3 wins first goes to next round. I feel like it wouldnt be terribly hard to code
Even to make it just a selectable format would be fire too, like !tour, bo3

--

It would be very helpful to list the mons that get more usage in VGC in the teambuilder, right below the "Restricted Legendary" list, like how it would happen if it was an actual tier.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
WIP https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown/pull/4076

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Is it an idea to include the name of the staff member in /checkpunishment of who punished a user? Would make it easier to redirect users from Help to PM the appropriate person

1. I'd like to suggest to somehow add that "/tour forcetimer" is a thing to SirDonovan's post that one is redirected to when /tour help is done.
  2. I'd like to suggest to re-add the command for making a tour have the Sketchmons clause, or removing it from the post I have linked in the past request.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)