Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I was wondering would it be possible for players to hide their ranks and their opponents ranks from themselves from view after winning or losing a battle.

Like a toggle switch.

This would be a nice feature for a few reasons.
1. It would put less stress on those who become aggravated when losing rank scores.

2. It would help players that end up playing for a winners high instead of enjoying the game. They can then choose to not see the scores ahead of time, which can help prevent the unhealthy cycle of going to the team builder over and over to keep playing for a winners high.

3. It would help more new people get into the rank pool too since they can find a match easy which provides a less fragmented player base and since its a toggle which would be optional. :)

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Include an "old news" option at the bottom of the News box so that we can see past events that were in PS news, since there is no other way to see them, as far as I'm aware/willing to dig through smogon to find.

Can we add more new or customizable sprites? Like we can find a avatar sprite at google or somewhere and we can use them for battling so it would look cool or a system where we can make our own sprites,
Cause i want to have this avatar sprite

Attachments

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Can we add more new or customizable sprites? Like we can find a avatar sprite at google or somewhere and we can use them for battling so it would look cool or a system where we can make our own sprites,
Cause i want to have this avatar sprite
A potential problem with this suggestion is that people might start using inappropriate avatars or potentailly offending ones.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
That doesn't stop smogon itself from using custom avatars right? (Which seems to lack a report button)
Avatars on PS have to match a specific style (the same style as the sprites that are avaliable). In addition custom avatars are a type of reward on PS, not something for everyone.

I think there needs to be a way to prevent players from wasting turns. Like clicking fake out at the end of the game they know they've lost and can't win with a critical hit.

Please, Add a searching filter.
So i can set it up lets say, to just find players above certain range

I love this game and want to play experienced, smart playerers only, dont have the time to waste with un-decent battles.
Plus, isnt it just Beautiful when you play against someone your own level, that also understands the game???

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Please, Add a searching filter.
So i can set it up lets say, to just find players above certain range

I love this game and want to play experienced, smart playerers only, dont have the time to waste with un-decent battles.
Plus, isnt it just Beautiful when you play against someone your own level, that also understands the game???
You can avoid low elo players by cancelling battle searches if you aren't paired with someone immediately. You're only ever susceptible to finding someone particularly low if you leave your battle search going for a while.

You can avoid low elo players by cancelling battle searches if you aren't paired with someone immediately. You're only ever susceptible to finding someone particularly low if you leave your battle search going for a while.
There arent many decent Gen 1 random battles around, so it may take 5-10 min to find onei cant be clicking every too seconds
Plus, ive been paired inmediatly with people 200 points under me and more
At least if i could see who is online i could talk to them
what about a friends list??? or a RBY room ?

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
There arent many decent Gen 1 random battles around, so it may take 5-10 min to find onei cant be clicking every too seconds
what about a friends list??? or a RBY room ?

Friend lists are planned (you probs know this already), there's no set deadline for them, it's just they will be added once someone that can code it does so.

For RBY room, try Ruins of Alph, they cover past gens metagames. Additionally, you can visit the Random Battles room to look for Gen 1 Random Battles.

what about a friends list??? or a RBY
Friend lists are planned (you probs know this already), there's no set deadline for them, it's just they will be added once someone that can code it does so.

For RBY room, try Ruins of Alph, they cover past gens metagames. Additionally, you can visit the Random Battles room to look for Gen 1 Random Battles.
I just want to play the game that i love, with other players that feel the same way and know the game
Its such a big difference when u play against someone that unnderstand the game, so beaeutifull

I know who they are, most of them...........its just so hard to find them !!!

In that case, can Showdown! add a setting that determines how long it takes to start looking for low/high ELO players?

A command that transfers the stuff/information/intro/joinphrases/roomshop to another room rather than deleting the entire room and making a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)