Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except one person shouldn't be able to control whether or not both players' team information is visible or not, it's a pretty big breach of privacy for a site focused around competitive Pokémon. As getting full team info from a replay is currently limited to technical admins for trust reasons, it's not something that's gonna be implemented for everyone.
I'm sure he probably meant something along the lines of only the people who have selected that option can have their mons' info displayed in replays. If one person has that option on, but the other doesn't, only one side of the battle would have all that info. I do feel like some people would definitely benefit by watching people in highladder and knowing what they do. I usually play AG so I've seen my fair share of weird 'new meta' shit

There are many times when I want to battle a little but don't have enough time to complete a full battle. I'd like to suggest correspondence battles. In a correspondence battle each player would have a couple days to choose their move/switch. I constantly play correspondence Chess games online and it works really well. I think something similar could be done for Pokémon. It would enable players to battle a little when they don't have time for a full match.

There are many times when I want to battle a little but don't have enough time to complete a full battle. I'd like to suggest correspondence battles. In a correspondence battle each player would have a couple days to choose their move/switch. I constantly play correspondence Chess games online and it works really well. I think something similar could be done for Pokémon. It would enable players to battle a little when they don't have time for a full match.
Just agree with your opponent to leave the timer off.

I've seen a 4000 turn battle before and highly doubt that the admins of PS want people to chose one move daily for a battle that long (literally 5 to 10 years) and you know there's going to be some memelord who makes a stall team for that. Not to mention that the server restarts every so often, so you'd come back to the site to find the battle not be there. I'd also imagine that it, much like the teambuilder, would play off of the cookies, of which people delete "by accident" sometimes or just move to a different device. Pokemon can be compared to chess in some ways, but in the end, it's not chess.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Ok, two things that'd be really helpful.
1 - Room specific highlights. I hl on several things that people usually try to hl auth with, and it overlaps as a common hl as another room i frequent. Annoying.
2 - A way to exclude things from modlog searches, kinda like how you can exclude stuff in /ms and ds searches.
Reason being, especially in help, I want to be able to check someone's modlog and exclude the help tickets, so i can just see punishments.
Would be nice.

Can we disable "predictive IVs", or whatever is setting the Attack IV to 0 whenever I create a Pokemon in the teambuilder? I was creating a Deerling, which has a higher Attack than Sp. Attack and the teambuilder set its Attack IV to 0! It gets annoying having to actively check the IVs to make sure the teambuilder hadn't tampered with them. Please at least allow us to turn it off :(

Can we disable "predictive IVs", or whatever is setting the Attack IV to 0 whenever I create a Pokemon in the teambuilder? I was creating a Deerling, which has a higher Attack than Sp. Attack and the teambuilder set its Attack IV to 0! It gets annoying having to actively check the IVs to make sure the teambuilder hadn't tampered with them. Please at least allow us to turn it off :(
The physical attack IV is set to 0 when your Pokemon knows no physical attacks. If you set the moves before you set the IVs, then this shouldn't be a problem.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
In addition to the post above, the reason the Attack IV is set to 0 is to minimalize Foul Play damage as possible, so this actually benefits you a bit. Simply put a physical attack and it won't decrease it, however, unless you do it manually.

Can we have a format where the Pokemon that switch out do not lose their stats? It works both ways. For example if a Pokemon gets a stat fall or raises its stats and then is switched out, the stats don't reset and the next time the Pokemon is brought in, it has the same stats as before.

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Can we have a format where the Pokemon that switch out do not lose their stats? It works both ways. For example if a Pokemon gets a stat fall or raises its stats and then is switched out, the stats don't reset and the next time the Pokemon is brought in, it has the same stats as before.
You can submit this as an Other Meta, this thread isn't for suggesting formats.

I would check OM's standards before submitting it, however, just to make sure your idea is appropriate.

You can also try asking about it in the OM workshop.

Kirkburn

Banned deucer.
I have a minor suggestion regarding the /groups command that I thought might help claify things. Right now, for Voice, it says the following.

+ Voice - They can use ! commands like !groups

But it doesn't say what a ! command does (broadcast the command to the whole room). So I thought that perhaps the text could be changed to

+ Voice - They can use ! (broadcast) commands like !groups

Just a thought I had recently about this.

I would expect this to have been suggested already, and I also saw a very old tweet about it ( ), but I didn't see a reference to it in the OP, so allow me to suggest an option to always ignore chat during battle, as opposed to only on a case-by-case basis. I personally find the chat with random strangers to be a bit awkward and I would rather disable it altogether. Especially when some people are outright obnoxious. I'm just a casual player who mostly does random battles on the ladder, so frankly there's not much need or motivation to get to know people, or anything important that needs to be discussed. So there's not much point to it for me. And I know I'm not the only one who would appreciate this feature.

BTW, thanks for the hard work that goes into Showdown, it's amazing.

Idk if this is actually possible, but an option to suggest possible teammates when building a team could be a cool feature for newbies/people who ran out of ideas (for example, let's say I select Landorus-T as my lead/first mon. The teambuilder would highlight pokémon with good synergy w/ Lando, like Ice-resistant mons).

kunchi

Banned deucer.
a new punish system because IP punishments are like effortless to evade
Like say, someone makes an account. This account has a number. This number cannot be changed in any way.
If you were to sign onto any other account on THAT DEVICE, you would be re-punished on the alt.
(IP also does come into play, as if u are on another device with the same IP it would punish you of course)
Therefore the only way to evade would be like going to McDonalds on your phone or something.
(your number is on your actual PS app, and is assigned to that computer in a file)
also assigning the number to anyone who signs into your account would stop account sharing and probably evasion some.
Also, using a better auto-confirm system would be nice as hell, like you have to use your email to confirm.
Btw not letting non-autoconfirmed people to pm people would be like amazing
also can we please have pm scanning? please god, let this happen. I've had my pms slid into with some weird ass shit, and its not fun

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
a new punish system because IP punishments are like effortless to evade
Like say, someone makes an account. This account has a number. This number cannot be changed in any way.
If you were to sign onto any other account on THAT DEVICE, you would be re-punished on the alt.
(IP also does come into play, as if u are on another device with the same IP it would punish you of course)
Therefore the only way to evade would be like going to McDonalds on your phone or something.
This is pretty much how it works already, beside the need for an account number or something. We have sufficient tools to punish evaders now.
Also, using a better auto-confirm system would be nice as hell, like you have to use your email to confirm.
That brings in a whole lot of other GDPR related stuff we'd have to deal with, and it generally doesn't help much as burner emails are easy to come by.
Btw not letting non-autoconfirmed people to pm people would be like amazing
This might be the case for unregistered users now, not entirely sure. Don't think making it even harsher is the best idea.
also can we please have pm scanning? please god, let this happen. I've had my pms slid into with some weird ass shit, and its not fun
You can just report that to global staff using /report, easier to let us deal with it than some automated system.

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I recently name changed on PS! a week after getting a public room voice. I had a mindset that being with in a public room would auto-autoconfirm you, but it doesn't. Could that be a thing where being with in a public room could auto confirm a user? I know the win a battle and wait 7 days isn't a tough task, but can be pesky if I want to talk in another room that isn't Trivia for me.

As well, could '/ms zmove' be a thing? There is zboost things but no zmove to look at all of the zmoves,.

Last edited by a moderator:
Timer should be 60 seconds tops, If you sit down to battle I assume you want to battle, not what everyone on the ladder seems to want to do

If you dont know the calcs by now, too bad, they aren't that hard to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)