Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could there either be a new command that shows standard clauses for smogon or an update for the /tier command "banlists for each tier" that currently links to the gen 6 page? This is the only command I've found that shows the standard clauses for showdown, despite them being inaccurate, outside of joining a battle and copy pasting the clauses from there.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Could Showdown please censor your password? I just accidentally said mine in chat while trying to change alts and now I gotta change tons of passwords.

Obviously that's my fault for being clumsy but it would have been avoided if it was censored out. It's not like most passwords are (or should be) common words.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Could Showdown please censor your password? I just accidentally said mine in chat while trying to change alts and now I gotta change tons of passwords.

Obviously that's my fault for being clumsy but it would have been avoided if it was censored out. It's not like most passwords are (or should be) common words.
While its a cool idea, its a security issue.

Background: Passwords are encrypted and stored on the login server, they never go through the PS server your connecting to. In addition, the admin team (technically only zarel in this case) cannot access your un-encrypted password because they cannot decrypt it easily, its a one way encryption and (correct me if im wrong) they would either need your password (encrypt that with the same method and salt and check if it matches), or alot of time and computing power to break the encryption (search for a match, months of time).

Reasoning: From a technical standpoint, yes we could send your raw password to the server and filter out your message if you say it, but that would be unwise. Admins could access it (only you should have access to your password), and this includes side servers which are not trusted with this info obviously (Would basically give any server you login to your password).

TD;LR be careful, and don't use the same password for multiple sites, that's a security issue too. Maybe use a password manager if your having trouble keeping track of them all.

I'm not a fan of the XY sprites, they seem too washed out. I imagine it's very taxing on sprite artists to have to not only come up with new "BW" sprites every gen, but to animate them and make them look homogeneous.

I wish graphics had an advanced option for animations (ex: disable Pokemon movement animations AND OR disable attack animations). If we had an option like this, we could see the colorful unanimated BW sprites along with attack animations (like Hydro Pump).

Basically this is what I'm talking about:

Vacedit: this is not april fools... if it was it'd be lousy

Do not post metagame, tiering, or any non-PS suggestions here.

Post your suggestions for improving Showdown here! Suggestions posted in this thread will be archived in the OP - so be sure to read through it first before posting your suggestion and do not post previously-suggested ideas. Please be aware that we are not taking room suggestions. Note that this isn't a discussion thread.

Common suggestions that are already being worked on:

- Friends list
- Offline PMs
- Saving teams on your account
- Multi battles and free-for-all

Common suggestions that will never happen:

- Option to change username color

Common suggestions in which the answer is complicated:

- Mobile app (we'll make the web app better and more mobile-app-like, but a real mobile app is not happening)

- ability to /ignorepms of a user while still seeing their messages in chatrooms (especially helpful with roomauth)
- Implement a more advanced find-a-user system, ie. search that allows you to see all usernames that have the specific word mentioned in it.
- ability to type /clear into a pm box and just clear all pms from that user as opposed to /clearpms clearing them from every user
- Notifications when a user goes offline/comes online
- group pms
- Allow modnotes to highlight staff members (potentially including "/hl add, notes:" for highlights for any notes.)
- Room specific highlights
- add parameters to modlog so you can prevent certain things from showing up such as /modlog lobby, !poll, !tour, !uno
- allow Voices + Drivers to use the minigame option commands (Uno and Hangman) similar to how Drivers could set up tournaments.
- allow room owners to add custom room ranks such as elite four
- a way for roomstaff to call globals when a room would be left authless
- /roomprojects command similar to /roomevents
- /poll edit command to fix mistakes in polls
- add time remaining column to /roomevents
- make /warn show autoconfirmed alts like muting/locking/banning someone does
- option to disable highlights + notifications from declares as well as html boxes/showimage
- allow room owners the option to allow mods to edit/add /roomevents
- notes feature on teambuilder
- a feature in the teambuilder where common sets pop up when you enter a pokemon
- remove suggested spreads button or improve them
- make a way to choose your HP type without having the move HP.
- ability to hide certain formats from showing when you do /rank
- Increase number of rooms you can autojoin
- add pokepast.es to link whitelist (used in a bunch of rooms)
- ability to change text size
- improve color of scrollbars and teambuilder boxes to better match dark mode
- make hidden avatars not reset each time you log on
- implement pokeballs - useful for certain pokemon which in game can only be obtained with a certain ball.
- have it show the speed of a pokemon after it would mega evolve in randbats by hovering over it

- refresh button on ladder screen
- show move effectiveness on moves like they do in sumo - if this is added, also make an option to disable it
- longer disconnect timer (people complaining that the timer does not give you enough time to reconnect if you dc)
- command such as /pokedex pikchu, to show pokedex entries for a pokemon
- make /hl delete require confirmation
- make /bch permanent
- have EV yield appear on /dt
- add unreleased parameter to /ds
- option to make icons not show with /ds
- In search replays, add an option to search for a specific pokemon being used in battles
- make <<replay>> link to the replays.pokemonshowdown.com
- in tournaments, have previous generations specify the gen. So rather than "UU tournament" it'd be "[Gen 6]UU tournament".
- ability to toggle tour notifications per room
- save the banlist from named tours so that they can be set quickly and easily
- a way for participants to easily see what the autodq is set at in a tour without having to scroll up in chat
- ability to see the full tour name on mobile, as it is currently blocked by user count
- have commands to be able to scroll a tour bracket, helpful for mobile users
- Ability to change name color
- Ability to use the /join command to join multiple rooms at once
- emotes in chat

- character counter in messages to show how many characters you have remaining.
- less sensitive caps/stretch filter
- See someone's peak on the ladder
- chat button not being grayed out when you click on your own name, or make it more obvious people can pm themselves
- After voting on polls make the option you voted more noticeable than it is, perhaps an asterisk or underline
- way to avoid being highlighted by tournaments without ignoring them completely
- add other language support
- link ps account to twitter
- return of seasonals
- warning that private replays can't be searched for
- freeze decay on inactive ladders

implemented | planned | Probably not
We cannot guarantee that suggestions will be implemented.
It would be super helpful for VGC and doubles team building if one of the things you could search for when selecting a move/Pokemon, like "Fire" and "Special", were "Hits Adjacent Foes".

Can I suggest the teambuilder having to option to disable minimize Attack IV automatically when they don't have physical moves? I understand that by minimizing Attack IV means less damage from Foul Play and Confusion but, I feel that these two aren't too relevant now.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Can I suggest the teambuilder having to option to disable minimize Attack IV automatically when they don't have physical moves? I understand that by minimizing Attack IV means less damage from Foul Play and Confusion but, I feel that these two aren't too relevant now.
Even if they aren't that "relevant", what purpose does opting out of the minimization have? You don't lose anything by it.

This is pretty trivial, but it would be great if someone adds pre-transformation Ash-Greninja to the calculator, so that one doesn't have to import the set or manually change the base stat.

Registered so i could make this suggestion here.

I utilize showdown to do custom DND campaigns with my friends. I let them construct their parties and I run the gym leaders and NPCs thru our dungeon simulations utilizing the site.

The feature I would most love would be for custom battles to allow for modifciation of starting HP, so that when a fight ends i can have them lower their HP to match that if they're in a lengthy dungeon with multiple fights (So I could then have them strategize with items and such.)

Currently, since theres no way to modify starting HP, they just fully heal after battles unless something dies, then we just remove it from the party until they get to a pokecenter (or they have limited revives).

It would be a small feature to add im sure and would be a great tool for people who utilize this for DND campaigns.
Just a small suggestion I would love to see.

Hey, this is really probably a little agricultural on my part given my lack of experience, but can we get something like a "Rated/Unrated Random OU" ladder quick-mode like the random 7th gen that we currently use?

It's really fun to just go straight into a battle, but sometimes the teams are so unbalanced it's not even funny, it ruins the whole "quick match" thing for everyone sometimes ...

As an afterthought, could we not just have "random" quick match options for 7th gen to select from by tier, like "Random Uber", "Random OU", "Random UU", "Random RU" + "Random PU"? Maybe we could have custom options for BL pokemon inclusion too

Oh yeah, one other thing, can we decrease the timers on some of the games, in some modes they are just waaaaay to long ....

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
"Random Uber", "Random OU", "Random UU", "Random RU" + "Random PU"?
Battle Factory does this, you can't select what format you will play though, thats random.

Oh yeah, one other thing, can we decrease the timers on some of the games, in some modes they are just waaaaay to long ....
They were already made more aggressive not too long ago, we also have to keep a balance between those who feel there is too much time (move faster please!) and those who think there isn't enough time (let me think more!).

Just droppin a couple ideas
4 player double battles
Ability to upload custom avatars in PS
Yall are doing great! Keep up the good work!

I already posted about this in another thread, but I'm gonna bring it up here because I haven't gotten a concrete response.

Could you guys add these as avatar options?

I find it weird how the BW protagonists have both versions of their sprites as avatar options, while the BW2 protagonists don't. Also weird how Bianca's BW2 sprite isn't available either.

the sprite for noland is a png, which makes sense, but the white stripe on his coat and the white in his eyes are transparent too, which makes the sprite look weird on certain backgrounds.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Vacedit: this is not april fools... if it was it'd be lousy

Do not post metagame, tiering, or any non-PS suggestions here.

Post your suggestions for improving Showdown here! Suggestions posted in this thread will be archived in the OP - so be sure to read through it first before posting your suggestion and do not post previously-suggested ideas. Please be aware that we are not taking room suggestions. Note that this isn't a discussion thread.

Common suggestions that are already being worked on:

- Friends list
- Offline PMs
- Saving teams on your account
- Multi battles and free-for-all

Common suggestions that will never happen:

- Option to change username color

Common suggestions in which the answer is complicated:

- Mobile app (we'll make the web app better and more mobile-app-like, but a real mobile app is not happening)

- ability to /ignorepms of a user while still seeing their messages in chatrooms (especially helpful with roomauth)
- Implement a more advanced find-a-user system, ie. search that allows you to see all usernames that have the specific word mentioned in it.
- ability to type /clear into a pm box and just clear all pms from that user as opposed to /clearpms clearing them from every user
- Notifications when a user goes offline/comes online
- group pms
- Allow modnotes to highlight staff members (potentially including "/hl add, notes:" for highlights for any notes.)
- Room specific highlights
- add parameters to modlog so you can prevent certain things from showing up such as /modlog lobby, !poll, !tour, !uno
- allow Voices + Drivers to use the minigame option commands (Uno and Hangman) similar to how Drivers could set up tournaments.
- allow room owners to add custom room ranks such as elite four
- a way for roomstaff to call globals when a room would be left authless
- /roomprojects command similar to /roomevents
- /poll edit command to fix mistakes in polls
- add time remaining column to /roomevents
- make /warn show autoconfirmed alts like muting/locking/banning someone does
- option to disable highlights + notifications from declares as well as html boxes/showimage
- allow room owners the option to allow mods to edit/add /roomevents
- notes feature on teambuilder
- a feature in the teambuilder where common sets pop up when you enter a pokemon
- remove suggested spreads button or improve them
- make a way to choose your HP type without having the move HP.
- ability to hide certain formats from showing when you do /rank
- Increase number of rooms you can autojoin
- add pokepast.es to link whitelist (used in a bunch of rooms)
- ability to change text size
- improve color of scrollbars and teambuilder boxes to better match dark mode
- make hidden avatars not reset each time you log on
- implement pokeballs - useful for certain pokemon which in game can only be obtained with a certain ball.
- have it show the speed of a pokemon after it would mega evolve in randbats by hovering over it

- refresh button on ladder screen
- show move effectiveness on moves like they do in sumo - if this is added, also make an option to disable it
- longer disconnect timer (people complaining that the timer does not give you enough time to reconnect if you dc)
- command such as /pokedex pikchu, to show pokedex entries for a pokemon
- make /hl delete require confirmation
- make /bch permanent
- have EV yield appear on /dt
- add unreleased parameter to /ds
- option to make icons not show with /ds
- In search replays, add an option to search for a specific pokemon being used in battles
- make <<replay>> link to the replays.pokemonshowdown.com
- in tournaments, have previous generations specify the gen. So rather than "UU tournament" it'd be "[Gen 6]UU tournament".
- ability to toggle tour notifications per room
- save the banlist from named tours so that they can be set quickly and easily
- a way for participants to easily see what the autodq is set at in a tour without having to scroll up in chat
- ability to see the full tour name on mobile, as it is currently blocked by user count
- have commands to be able to scroll a tour bracket, helpful for mobile users
- Ability to change name color
- Ability to use the /join command to join multiple rooms at once
- emotes in chat

- character counter in messages to show how many characters you have remaining.
- less sensitive caps/stretch filter
- See someone's peak on the ladder
- chat button not being grayed out when you click on your own name, or make it more obvious people can pm themselves
- After voting on polls make the option you voted more noticeable than it is, perhaps an asterisk or underline
- way to avoid being highlighted by tournaments without ignoring them completely
- add other language support
- link ps account to twitter
- return of seasonals
- warning that private replays can't be searched for
- freeze decay on inactive ladders

implemented | planned | Probably not
We cannot guarantee that suggestions will be implemented.
I'd like to see a way to automatically set all your battles to invite only, to make it so that we don't have to constantly /ionext.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I don't know if this is the proper place for avatar suggestions, but is it possible for the HeartGold / SoulSilver Youngster and Bug Catcher sprites to be added? The DPP counterparts are already available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)