SS OU Suggestions to improve my Victini Pivot team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the team as of now... My main goal was to use Victini in Gen8OU as it's one of my favourite Pokemon...

Victini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Glaciate

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

The main issues I want to solve are these:

1) I don't have a hazard clearer, but the team isn't fast enough to cope with that... As a consequence, 4 of my Pokemon have HDB of which 2 are psychic, which makes my team extremely weak to knock off...

2) Landorus is my main Physical Defense Pivot and electric resist, which puts too much pressure when the opponent has multiple electric/physical attackers... It's made worse because sometimes it also needs to switch into knock offs

3) The team is a bit lackluster on Special Offense, so I want to see if that can be improved...

4) I also lack Speed control... The 2 priority users struggle against Heatran and Ferrothorn, though the latter can be managed if Victini is healthy

I want to keep the first 3 as my core... I also want a steel Pokemon and a second priority, so Scizor seems necessary... But as it is, it can get trapped by Magnezone and I can't fit U turn...

I am willing to change up the last 3 Pokemon and the items and sets on the first 3... I preferably want the playstyle to be HO, but the current version doesn't cut it...

So, if you've read this far, thanks for your patience and suggestions to improve my team are welcome...

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)