Suggestions

I think that a command that would allow users to propose a tie would be useful in niche cases. There are sometimes very long stall games, and occaisonally both players can set aside their innate thirst for delicious ladder points and decide that they don't want to spend the next 14 hours playing a game of mons. Currently, you need to find a leader to come and /forcetie the battle. I think that a command like /proposetie would be helpful for times like this, or maybe some other irregular times in tours. The command should probably have a cooldown time so that players can't spam it. There could be 3 commands: /proposetie, /accepttie, and /denytie. /proposetie should have a 3-5 minute cooldown per user. /accepttie should ask for confirmation and require you to send it twice. I don't think this is very important, but I also don't think it's controversial or hard to implement.

HoeenHero

The misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Moderator
I think that a command that would allow users to propose a tie would be useful in niche cases. There are sometimes very long stall games, and occaisonally both players can set aside their innate thirst for delicious ladder points and decide that they don't want to spend the next 14 hours playing a game of mons. Currently, you need to find a leader to come and /forcetie the battle. I think that a command like /proposetie would be helpful for times like this, or maybe some other irregular times in tours. The command should probably have a cooldown time so that players can't spam it. There could be 3 commands: /proposetie, /accepttie, and /denytie. /proposetie should have a 3-5 minute cooldown per user. /accepttie should ask for confirmation and require you to send it twice. I don't think this is very important, but I also don't think it's controversial or hard to implement.
This idea was rejected before, instead if neither player moves, and the timer hits 0, the game will be a tie.

This idea was rejected before, instead if neither player moves, and the timer hits 0, the game will be a tie.
Why was it rejected? This prevents situations in which both players agree and then one decides to click a move with 5 seconds on the clock and win by timer. I can't think of any potential issues with implementing a feature that speeds up and ensures the tie. There isn't anything to abuse, since both players have to agree and they can do the same thing manually. The issue with agreeing to the manual stallout right now is that both people have to trust that the other won't try to trick them at the last second.

Edit: Paycard blarghlfarghl thought you might enjoy this :]

Last edited:
Can there be a way to silently punish people so it just appears to staff and the person affected without interrupting the chat?
This causes issues with transparency, and letting moderators "censor" messages they don't agree with can be problematic. Additionally, if someone did something that's worth punishing, it's good to let others know not to do that.
While it can have it's advantages (like hiding sensitive information that someone sent by mistake) it's generally not needed.

Pants

formerly Phantomgenius
This causes issues with transparency, and letting moderators "censor" messages they don't agree with can be problematic. Additionally, if someone did something that's worth punishing, it's good to let others know not to do that.
While it can have it's advantages (like hiding sensitive information that someone sent by mistake) it's generally not needed.
Ah ok i was mostly thinking of like if someone gets banned/blacklisted for doing something not blatantly obvious in the chat, or yeah like hiding information that the rest of the chat doesn't need to know about. Out of curiosity, would the transparency issue be resolved by only allowing room owners/upperstaff to do it, and only for severe punishments such as blacklists?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)