Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to be able to search for more than one battle at once without already being in a battle.

This is a particular problem for people who play formats with less people playing on their ladders, where it can take five or ten minutes (or more...) to get one single battle in. For example, I like playing RBY, GSC, and ADV OUs. However, I can only search one of those at a time: I can't say, "I'm down for RBY OU, GSC OU, or ADV OU" because you have to choose one and only one.

You're already able to search for and play in another battle even if your current battle has not ended. You see a small button below the usual Find A Battle button saying something to effect of "Find another game". You can get another ladder match while still playing in your first. I don't imagine it would be too difficult to allow this button to appear when you're still searching? (Though I know absolutely 0 about coding, so sorry if that is not the case.)

If this were implemented, I would also request a setting under the gear icon to "Force cancel any other ladder searches when a new battle begins": That way, you don't suddenly get multiple battles opening up in the span of ten seconds.

Is there a reason why ROs aren't allowed to promote bots to RoomBot rank? If not, I think this should be added. As an RO of a private room that uses a bot quite often, it's kind of annoying not being able to promote our bot. Plus, that way ROs can change their room's bot without the hassle of getting a global to do it for them.

I thought of an idea or maybe a game mode or in game test.

Now the biggest complaint about the game are hax often scald it appears to have 90% of burn but they are important in many game made good strategic game and do not think the best solution to remove the game so I thought of some solution below:

I think a good solution to burn to, poison and crit could be a number of hits.

Let's assume for scald you need to hit the target 3 times or 2 times to the burn.

Same for crit and so some movements were crit and it was an amount to have the crit.

This would make a more competitive game and not just luck. Almost 50% of matches are won or lost by hax.

What do you think ?

For the /rank (name), I think adding "Highest Elo" or abbreviated as HE or something, should be added. It would show that person's highest elo that they got for that tier. That way, people can track what their highest actually was. And it wouldnt get reset either when the ladder is reset.

Ray Mega is in AG for some time already... which is why it would be nice to be still able to see it in Randoms, as besides AG, we cant really see it often.

Yes, yes, Ray Mega unbalanced and stuff... but randoms are hardly balanced anyway. Randoms are supposed to be, well, random... so it would be nice to see Ray Mega from time to time for a change.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Is there a reason why ROs aren't allowed to promote bots to RoomBot rank? If not, I think this should be added. As an RO of a private room that uses a bot quite often, it's kind of annoying not being able to promote our bot. Plus, that way ROs can change their room's bot without the hassle of getting a global to do it for them.
The reason for this is that the bot rank has the power to inject HTML directly in to chat without an obvious source which is something that not even ROs are able to, that's why it is a promotion that only leaders and up are able to do. Similar to how ROs are promoted, it's a rank with a lot of power over the room and should not be given out that lightly.

Is there a way to host simulated battles?
Like create two teams of six and run the turns myself?
Or do I have to use two computers or accounts to do that?

I think that this is a good idea for ps tours.Can you guys make a certain type of tour that has 4 teams and you are in the team that your ps color name is.They can be categorized in blue green red and yellow.Auth is able to adjust the amount of users on a certain team unless the amount is uneven.How it would work is that each team will go against the opposing team(players are chosen randomly not by the team).teams will have a random chance of going against other teams there is no pattern.For example 16 on each team 8 on red 8 on blue so it will be 8vs8 and the other amount will go against other teams.I f you think this is worthy of a ps update reply.

I know this isn't a glitch, but rather a way to enhance the gameplay of Showdown. Could we have a feature to decide which balls a Pokemon is in? That would ease prediction for something like whether the Rayquaza you're fighting is carrying a V-Create or not. I think it's unfair that a person would have to anticipate for event-only moves and stuff like that, just in order to cover for certain situations.

Also, the main reason why I posted here is because I didn't know where else to post it. If posting suggestions like this is a problem, please do tell me where I should post it next time. OrdA edit: moved here from bug reports

Last edited by a moderator:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
The teambuilder should pick up on whether or not you have more than one of the same moves. This hasn't happened to me ever really, but it happened to someone in the Help room, and they believed that it was a bug. Be it when you press the Validate button or if you're trying to start a battle, a message should pop up, warning you.

I see a lot of people come the the Help room asking about password resets, and they're always given the exact same answer: PM a moderator. This happens often enough that I feel it deserves its own button in the options menu, perhaps in this empty space:

Maybe the button could direct the user to the Help room, along with a message telling them to PM a moderator there, and possibly include a short summary of the process?

Edit: another idea from the help room: allow users to temporarily disable their hl list without clearing it?

Last edited:

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Dragotic (a user) told me to post this because he doesn't have a Smogon account

So basically, as everyone can see in the screenshots, the active room has a different color, while the Home tab does not have the same color as an active room unlike whereas even in Light Mode, the home tab has the active room tab color.

What it's rn:

What it should be like:

How about having formatting show up when PMs are in the chat. This would be really useful for people like me who like to have two rooms open at once and as such don't tend to view PM windows. It's quite annoying when someone sends me a PM in strike through and I don't see that because I have two chat rooms open.
I made this post 20 days ago and did not get an answer so I would like to resubmit for the same reason as above. Furthermore I think a way to reverse the dark mode change that was made recently (the room buttons at the top, me and a few others really liked it beforehand).

Notice how the PM in the box had strikethrough but the one in the chat didn't

Last edited:

0NI

j'arrive
Hello, what do u think about a " friendslist " who allow us to see when our friends are connected. Of course they have to be mutually friends.
>>
0Nl adds X
X adds 0Nl
If X is connected 0Nl can see him from his friendlist

Next, a " black list " where u can put ur enemies. This "blacklist" makes you automatically ignore your enemies as long as they are in the "blacklist"

sorry if you dont understand me, I'm not a native English-speaker

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hello, what do u think about a " friendslist " who allow us to see when our friends are connected. Of course they have to be mutually friends.
>>
0Nl adds X
X adds 0Nl
If X is connected 0Nl can see him from his friendlist
This has been suggested many times and is on the development to-do list :)

inactive

In a Movie Scene~
is a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A user known as "Haraam bae" asked me to post this for them because they don't have a forum account

[15:00:45] Haraam bae: can i just simply filter the tour list to list those that will start soon. pls?

In other words, changing or adding a feature the /tours command so that it can list tours that are still in signups.

How about some changes to the popup speed display that shows when you hover over an opposing pokemon:
  • show scarfed max/macho brace min speed in addition to ordinary speed ranges
  • limit speed ranges to what that pokemon has been outsped by/has outsped, adjusted by known modifiers (e.g. if my 262 speed breloom goes before a gengar, but my 236 speed tentacruel goes after, instead of showing "202 to 350 Spe (before items/abilities/modifiers)" on the gengar, show "202 to 350 Spe (before items/abilities/modifiers: 236-262 min/max)" or something similar)
also, a little more niche:
  • if an opposing pokemon outspeeds a pokemon with a speed higher than the opponents max speed, show choice scarf as the item instead of (exists)
  • if an opposing pokemon is outsped by a pokemon with a speed lower than its min speed, show iron ball/macho brace as the item instead of (exists)
  • if a pokemon uses/loses an item and outspeeds a pokemon with a speed higher than its max speed, show unburden as the ability
  • if a pokemon is known to not have a choice scarf, and outspeeds a pokemon with a speed higher than its max speed in sunlight/rain/sand/when statused/with a flying move/with a status move, show chlorophyll/swift swim/sand rush/quick feet/gale wings/prankster as its ability
I am aware this will probably be difficult, especially with things like prankster and gale wings, but it would also be really helpful

limit speed ranges to what that pokemon has been outsped by/has outsped
It's hard for the client to make that conclusion in general. There are too many exceptions where turn order isn't determined by the speed stat alone, such as priority moves; abilities like Prankster and Gale Wings, and items such as lagging tail.

There are a few Pokemon that are supposed to have different cries for their different forms, but those cries have not been implemented in PS yet. Those Pokemon are:
All Mega Evolutions
Primal Groudon & Kyogre
Sky Shaymin
Therian Tornadus, Thundurus, & Landorus (this bugs me because the latter is OU)
Black & White Kyurem
AZ's Floette (or at least Veekun's Pokedex says so)
Super Size Pumpkaboo & Gourgeist
Hoopa Unbound
So if you guys could make this happen, that's be great. As a heads-up, it looks that at least Lycanroc will have this as well, so don't forget to be on the lookout for form-specific cries in 7th gen Pokemon as well.

Last edited:
Would it be at all possible to set your own most used items and add moves to the usable moves list? I frequently use things from outside these lists and i'd like to be able to customise these to fit my needs a little better. It seems like a fairly minor UI change.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
A Notes Tab

• Have you ever been in a battle, and you lost because of something that you forgot?
  • Has there ever been that moment where there's something that'd you like to jot down? Perhaps you're fighting a team with Zoroark, and you want to jot down its gender and item to remember if it's Zoroark.
  • Have you ever wanted to remember a specific calc mid-battle for future battles / later on in the battle?
All three of these questions prompted me to suggest this.

Here's how it works:
  • You can press a button mid-battle OR in your teambuilder to store notes. You'll have the ability to save your notes, which would be stored in your cookies as your teams are. If you do not save them, the notes will disappear after you leave a battle (and it expires!) or close your tab / window.
  • You'd be able to type a maximum of 500 characters, since notes shouldn't be essays.
  • Whenever you press the appropriate button for notes, it will load the all saved notes (they'd be clickable, so you can load them as fast your Internet wants you to) and your current one.
  • Opponents and spectators cannot see your notes, of course (unless you copy/paste them for some reason lol).
  • If you delete your cookies / clear your history, your notes will be gone because that's where they're stored!
Pros & Cons:

Pros -

• A quick, easy way to store notes about a team or game.
  • It's user friendly, and unless PS! fucks up somehow, you're safe to have your notes stored.
  • You can remember things easily.
Cons -
  • If you clear your history or whatever, your notes are long gone!
  • There are existing things like this (Notepad, Pastebin, etc.); it's just that this would be built in to PS!.

About the whole "Notepad exists!..." thing, it's built in to Showdown, so it's a bit more convenient than having to go to a completely separate tab or window.

why does this sound like some commercial or ad lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)