Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this was said before but this is something I'd like to suggest:

-Make more bot commands (look for multi-hit moves, Pokémon that can evolve, etc.). I think asking the bots is a great way to teambuilding by finding Pokémon that can resist each other weaknesses while having recovery or high offenses (like atk/spa>110 and speed>110), etc. I'd like both the ROM and main server bots to have more commands to look for these, both for metagames and for OU (like: evo, multihit, etc.) . The evolution command is not implemented in the main server yet and it seems like there's no command to look for multi-hit moves.
-When asking the bots, please remove the 'max 3 alternatives' limit or make it, at least, 4 alternatives. Like, I want to look for a Poke that has immunity to Electric moves, and I look for Pokémon with either Lightning Rod/Motor Drive/Volt Absorb and then I have to make a different search to look for Ground types. Please.

one thing which i think is needed is either no legendary mode which is like anything goes just without legendaries or make a unranked version of anything goes cause im fed up of losing rank because somone diced to fo a full legendary team against my team with 1-0 legendaries, i feel one of or both of them are very necicry as the only way i can enjoy it unranked is i rendoms but i prefer to use my team
Agreed 100%, even if they share the tier, they have an higher BST. Should be some way to play without legends/megas.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Don't know if this was said before but this is something I'd like to suggest:

-Make more bot commands (look for multi-hit moves, Pokémon that can evolve, etc.). I think asking the bots is a great way to teambuilding by finding Pokémon that can resist each other weaknesses while having recovery or high offenses (like atk/spa>110 and speed>110), etc. I'd like both the ROM and main server bots to have more commands to look for these, both for metagames and for OU (like: evo, multihit, etc.) . The evolution command is not implemented in the main server yet and it seems like there's no command to look for multi-hit moves.
-When asking the bots, please remove the 'max 3 alternatives' limit or make it, at least, 4 alternatives. Like, I want to look for a Poke that has immunity to Electric moves, and I look for Pokémon with either Lightning Rod/Motor Drive/Volt Absorb and then I have to make a different search to look for Ground types. Please.
Bots are not universally ran by the devs of PS!, you'd have to take that up with the creators of said bots if they would like to add such features. But do note that they have no obligation to do anything since it's their bot and all.

Some users got into the habit of leaving matches when they're loosing instead of forfeiting. It seems they do this because they're angry at loosing and think that making the other player waste a minute of their life can somehow compensate their loss.

This is a petty issue and if this happened once or twice I'd say nothing. But this happens every few matches. I think it actually starts annoying once this happens for the nth time – and I'm annoyed. And I wasn't the only one complaining about this in the Random Battles chatroom.

I'd say there is likely no valid reason to voluntarily leave a match without forfeiting it. The only valid reason to leave a match without forfeiting is when one is forced to do so because of connection problems.

For this reason, my suggestion is to implement a solution similar to League of Legends' LeaverBuster. LeaverBuster works that way: if a player is known to persistently leave games, they are placed in a low priority queue, that is, once they join the queue, they must wait a minimum of 5 mins before they are matchmade. If I recall, this timer will increase if a player continues leaving and decrease to 0 if they play a few games without leaving. Players are only punished if they leave persistently; one or two leaves don't trigger LeaverBuster, so players who are randomly disconnected are not punished.

I suggest implementing a similar solution on PS!. Only unlike in LeaverBuster, the timer would not increase beyond 5mins (I think 5mins is annoying enough) and only leaves will be punished, NOT forfeits.

In my opinion, developing a "culture" that almost every match will end in the winning player having to wait a minute is...well... not a good direction of development :)

One last remark: Yes, one has to wait this one minute. Though this far less common, some players are... sophisticatedly malicious enough to disconnect and return just a few seconds before the timer counts down, hoping to capture victory that way.

Last edited:

Samantha Lola

AKA Sam Samantha
Can we have the ability to set the name of a tournament before the browser notification appears?
For example, when a tournament like this is created...
Code:
/tour create gen4ubers, elimination
/tour name [Gen 4] Anything Goes
/tour rules +Arceus, !Moody Clause, !Sleep Clause Mod, !OHKO Clause, !Species Clause, !Evasion Moves Clause
The browser notification just says that a Gen 4 Ubers tournament has been created. A lot of people take part in the tournament using just a regular Ubers team, oblivious to the fact that the tournament is Anything Goes.

Can we have a way to set a level cap for a tour?
We currently can't have level caps for custom LC tours, such as STABmons LC, which can make it a pain to manage.

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
/deletegroupchat - Deletes the current room, if it's a groupchat. Requires: & ~ #

Should probably be updated to reflect the new room host rank.

Hey, could you just make the status of any revealed Pokemon remaining a little clearer? It's really annoying when their sprites are white or grey, you can't tell from a glance whether they're dead or not, maybe a very pale background colouring to show if they're out or something ...? I'm not exactly an expert in interface design, but something like that should be done to make it more clear.

Could be a really good opportunity to maybe add like a small dot or mini icon on the sprite to show if they're paralysed or burned or something too, maybe you could add some health bars too ...?

Maybe that last part may be a bit difficult, but it would be really nice to at least have the other two things, especially the first one, it really is difficult to tell on some pokemon whether they're fainted or not because their sprites blend into the background so well ...

pangäapingobongo

I COULD BE BANNED!
i'm not sure if this is the right area to make this kind of suggestion since it is the first time i visit the forum but i want to suggest a tier or playmode without tanks, i love pokemon and playing showdown but pp stallers, toxic, roost, recover, wish, toxapex blissey pyukumuku mandibuzz users etc are making me upset so i want to request a tier for only skilled players who don't need that time&fun stealing stuff to build a nice team and just want to enjoy playing.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
i'm not sure if this is the right area to make this kind of suggestion since it is the first time i visit the forum but i want to suggest a tier or playmode without tanks, i love pokemon and playing showdown but pp stallers, toxic, roost, recover, wish, toxapex blissey pyukumuku mandibuzz users etc are making me upset so i want to request a tier for only skilled players who don't need that time&fun stealing stuff to build a nice team and just want to enjoy playing.
There's not a specific metagame like that and prob won't be one either. There's metagames that are a lot more offensive in nature like LC, Doubles OU, VGC, or some of the OMs available however.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Battles expire after 15 minutes, but you can find your own battles that arent expired with /userauth, and others non-private battles that arent expired with /userauth [username]. Global staff can view all private battles, so contact one of them if your trying to report a private battle that your not a player in (and if global rules are being broken in the room).

I have an idea for the team building itself, it could be kind of like the box system in the games where you make Pokemon and that way you can swap out your Pokemon and use them in different teams instead of redoing the same thing over and over (this will come in handy for RP's as well)

I have an idea for the team building itself, it could be kind of like the box system in the games where you make Pokemon and that way you can swap out your Pokemon and use them in different teams instead of redoing the same thing over and over (this will come in handy for RP's as well)
If you already have one pokemon in a team there is a copy to clipboard function that (almost) allows you to do this and you can copy/paste individual mons or parts of a team from importables, you could even make teams just for storing mons with as many as you want which basically does this (there is no 6 mon limit if you paste them via importable).

This probably isn't the place for this but while it's in mind, does anyone else have problems with the clear clipboard button not clearing clipboard?

Can we get a username AND password field for logging in? Google will only differentiate my alts when it can see the username and pass at the same time. I keep trying to type in the different passwords and the autofill keeps putting in the one saved pass (under no username) for all of them.

Hello, I would suggest to show a 1 line description for abilities and perhaps also items when moving the cursor onto a Pokemon during battle.
Currently it only shows the ability/item names without any effects unlike moves where the effects are shown.
For people who don't know all these effects by heart it's very inconvenient to look them all up by typing for up to 12 Pokemon per random battle.

Last edited:

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Quite a few people mentioned it before, I think a Doubles format (Multi Battle) where 4 people (Two on each side) could join a match. If you guys could pull that off, I could see a lot of people playing it. Sounds like a blast
Has been planned for years, but were working on a client refactor first (which is moving along).

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
My suggestion is that only Room/Global Staff members can click the "n lines from X user hidden" to show the messages again after a ban or /hidetext command is applied

Something I would like to see is the ability to upload a team online, so that I can download it from Showdown on another computer. For example, if i wanted to upload a OU team, I would click a button to upload it, and in theory when I go on teambuilder and select OU as a format, a button saying "Download Team" would pop up. If I click that, then the team I uploaded would be ready and set to go.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
My suggestion is that only Room/Global Staff members can click the "n lines from X user hidden" to show the messages again after a ban or /hidetext command is applied
Lines are already stored on the client and would be obtainable/recordable by anyone who wanted to find them even if we tried to hide them. Also (and more importantly) letting anyone view these lines creates transparency, and helps users understand why the staff did what they did (rather than hiding the context, and causing many people to doubt what we did was correct).

Something I would like to see is the ability to upload a team online, so that I can download it from Showdown on another computer. For example, if i wanted to upload a OU team, I would click a button to upload it, and in theory when I go on teambuilder and select OU as a format, a button saying "Download Team" would pop up. If I click that, then the team I uploaded would be ready and set to go.
Server based team storage by account is planned

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Could we add a 1v1 mod feature to roomtours? Basically would make battles like 1v1 where the first mon you send in at team preview acts as the only mon on your team, and when it faints, you lose the battle, no switching, U-Turn and Red Card and such don't switch to other mons, etc. Could possibly make it use the 3 mons per team rule, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)