Suicide Cup (ABRA EVOLUTION LINE IS NOW BANNED!!!)

Should Magic Room be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 59 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 47.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I remember this, it was fun and it really goes against what normal play is like (kinda like the Inverse metagame). I think if it was implemented where a "lose" is a win but a "forfeit" is still a lose, then this could be more playable.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What about something like this:

Smeargle @ Mental Herb

Own Tempo

- Perish Song
- Roar
- Baton Pass
- Scratch

Use perish song, then roar to phase opponent, then baton pass to something on your team to kill it. Scratch is the most worthless attacking move I could think of besides rapid spin, which you don't want for obvious reasons.
I've used this, but with Ingrain over Baton Pass so you won't get phazed yourself, it's great I must say

What about something like this:

Smeargle @ Mental Herb

Own Tempo

- Perish Song
- Roar
- Baton Pass
- Scratch

Use perish song, then roar to phase opponent, then baton pass to something on your team to kill it. Scratch is the most worthless attacking move I could think of besides rapid spin, which you don't want for obvious reasons.
How about nuzzle? 20 BP, no STAB and induces paralysis (therefore preventing the opponent from abusing status orbs)

MAMP

MAMP!
Assault Vest with only status moves seems promising. I'd use something with very low attack like shuckle or chansey.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assault Vest with only status moves seems promising. I'd use something with very low attack like shuckle or chansey.
That won't work, simply because you have to have at least one damaging move on each Pokemon. Even so, Trick is pretty prevalent, and if you trick an Assault Vest onto yourself, it's very hare for the opponent to remove it.

Actually, I can see Klutz AV Tricking to be pretty viable, since it forces the opponent into attacking you.

MAMP

MAMP!
That won't work, simply because you have to have at least one damaging move on each Pokemon. Even so, Trick is pretty prevalent, and if you trick an Assault Vest onto yourself, it's very hare for the opponent to remove it.

Actually, I can see Klutz AV Tricking to be pretty viable, since it forces the opponent into attacking you.
Oh, derp. Forgot about that. AV trick does seem potent though.

I've used AV Switcheroo (only the Buneary line can pull it off) and it's pretty effective, so long as the opposing foe's orb or whatever hasn't already activated. This is the set I use:

Buneary @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SAtk / 0 SDef
- Switcheroo
- Thunder Wave
- Mud-Slap
- Copycat / Magic Coat / Encore

Thunder Wave is to stop Toxic/Flame Orb, Mud-Slap is the lowest damage move it gets, Copycat is situational, but useful, and then of course AV Switcheroo locks them into an attack moving. You could also use either Encore or Magic Coat, both are useful, although they have less utility once you trick an AV.

But yeah, permanent Taunt should not be underestimated.

Last edited:
What about a choice-item? You could just then choice-lock yourself into say, Taunt and repeat with six mons to win the match quickly

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heal Pulse is banned.

That's viable. But you run into problems if you get outsped, magic bounced, strategically OHKO'd, or the opponent constantly switches while still taking damage from Toxic/Burn.
If you get Magic Bounced, it's positive, as you're forced into struggle

I was just looking to find this metagame on Joim's lab and I couldn't find it. Was it accidentally removed? I just want to verify my team isn't illegal.

Necrobump, but I just thought of something (and like the meta too much to let it go): How good will False Swipe/Hold Back be? They count as your damaging move but can never kill the opponent and are quite weak, but they also have 40 PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)