Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project: Dawn of a New Day

Modeling Clay's Bruxish does not have a Shiny sprite, so I'll make one tonight... is that OK?

EDIT: I got 'em done early, so here's Butterface front and back:
bruxish-shiny.png
bruxish-back-shiny.png

If you see any problems, feel free to let me know!

Last edited:

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator
Modeling Clay's Bruxish does not have a Shiny sprite, so I'll make one tonight... is that OK?

EDIT: I got 'em done early, so here's Butterface front and back:
View attachment 77907 View attachment 77906
If you see any problems, feel free to let me know!
not sure I remember seeing layell talking about you being an approved spriter. sorry if you are, my bad for not checking. if not, then you have to send an application first

the colors you used are too light, especially the black lines. the outlines have to be darker than the shaded colors, enough that it can ve distinguished easily at a glance. great try though!

not sure I remember seeing layell talking about you being an approved spriter. sorry if you are, my bad for not checking. if not, then you have to send an application first

the colors you used are too light, especially the black lines. the outlines have to be darker than the shaded colors, enough that it can ve distinguished easily at a glance. great try though!
Oh, my bad. I forgot. I can only do palette swaps anyway, so I don't think I'll be of much use... :pirate:

It's a shame, since I just finished shiny Guzzlord...

Mimikyu Smogon.gif

Original, non looped, with one single set of 9 frames of the body and tail moving, with the rare animation right after.
Looped Mimikyu.gif

Looped 6 extra times in addition to the original one (all of this is excluding the rare animation, which is obviously only once).

Might make the head move a bit, but otherwise I'm thinking it's nearly done. Rare animation is subject to change. If anyone has any suggestions, now's the time.
(Note: I fixed something with the eyes in this one, so the one later in the earlier in the post doesn't have that fixed.)

View attachment 78159
Original, non looped, with one single set of 9 frames of the body and tail moving, with the rare animation right after.
View attachment 78158
Looped 6 extra times in addition to the original one (all of this is excluding the rare animation, which is obviously only once).

Might make the head move a bit, but otherwise I'm thinking it's nearly done. Rare animation is subject to change. If anyone has any suggestions, now's the time.
(Note: I fixed something with the eyes in this one, so the one later in the earlier in the post doesn't have that fixed.)
It's looking great in my opinion! I'd make his head move just a little bit to the left or right, because it's quite stationary right now, if that's a proper sentence.

IP of this site got blocked by the server of my workplace, so that makes things a little bit harder to post, since I have a few animations, and I've been out for a few days being sick, I'll figure something out

Nice animation you have there! My only real nitpick is the head since its movements is a bit stiff though. I think if the head moved just a little less but at the same time gave the ears some slight movement, I think it would take it to the next level.
Smogon Mimikyu Front Ear Movement Edit.gif

Alright, is this any better? Removed 1 frame from the loop as well, so now it's 8 frames in the continuous loop (8x7 -> 56 frames before the rare animation happens).

EDIT: Added it blinking, and also fixed a pixel issue I found.

Last edited:
I made my first animated back ever! Tried to 'mimic' the front animation as much as possible. (get it? Because Mimikyu? Yea... I'll stop now.)

Here it is, with the front to compare.
Smogon Mimikyu Front Rare Animation Edit.gif
Smogon Mimikyu Front Rare Animation Edit Back.gif

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Activer Dawg
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Contributor
I made my first animated back ever! Tried to 'mimic' the front animation as much as possible. (get it? Because Mimikyu? Yea... I'll stop now.)

Here it is, with the front to compare.
View attachment 79324 View attachment 79328
Great job with the animation! I forgot to respond to your previous post but I meant to say if you make the head movement last for 1 or 2 frames after the body stopped moving, it could look more fluid. But that's literally it. Everything else looks perfect. :)

Made the animated Mimikyu-Busted Back. I editted the original sprite a bit, because I noticed the tail moves to the other side when busted, which the original sprite didn't do. Also edited some shadows to look like the sprite in the game (which I don't know why was like that anyway)
mimikyu_busted.png

^original sprites

Mimikyu-Busted Back.gif

Reference image for the tail flip:
http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/10/79/26a607abe8d24a4a3acec9df09eb22aa.gif

Had to upload this to imgur because the image was too large to upload here (it's a 192x192 gif, so...)

ALL DONE! (Minor edits to the sprites will come as needed)

The front was the hardest. The first sprite I did, I mean. The rest was a lot easier, since I already had the rare animation done.

Great job with the animation! I forgot to respond to your previous post but I meant to say if you make the head movement last for 1 or 2 frames after the body stopped moving, it could look more fluid. But that's literally it. Everything else looks perfect. :)
I don't know what you mean by that, forgot to mention this earlier. Either way, I could probably edit the sprite now, but the frame amount needs to stay the same (63 frames atm).

Typhlito

One Activer Dawg
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Contributor
Ah I didnt mean to add another frame. I meant that you see how the head and body stops on the same frame? If the head movement last for one or two frames after that point, maybe going slightly past the base head position on the next frame and then going back to its base position after it might make it flow a bit better. Try bobbing your head irl like your animation and you might see what I mean.

but really you dont have to. It still looks great!

I am interested in becoming a spriter/ animator, but I do not have the proper utensils or training, what would you, as professionals, recommend?
I definitely would recommend Aseprite (It's free for the older versions) for animations. However, animating requires a lot of patience and dedication (Which I barely have enough of), as well as knowledge how BW sprites work.

Also, on a side note, it's spring break for me, so I'm going to see about finding a new sprite to animate. OH. And got my wisdom teeth out, so I'm sitting around the house with a whole lot of nothing to do.

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator
I am interested in becoming a spriter/ animator, but I do not have the proper utensils or training, what would you, as professionals, recommend?
damn i haven't checked in on the project in a long time :o also i agree with selena, aseprite is good for animations. personally i use gimp. you can even use photoshop or any program with a rotate function and layer function

for spriting, graphics gale and paint.net work well. some people use gimp or photoshop. i personally use good old ms paint lol

damn i haven't checked in on the project in a long time :o also i agree with selena, aseprite is good for animations. personally i use gimp. you can even use photoshop or any program with a rotate function and layer function

for spriting, graphics gale and paint.net work well. some people use gimp or photoshop. i personally use good old ms paint lol
MS Paint? My man, you are a lord if you can sprite with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)