Sticky Sun/Moon Sprite Project

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator
this thread isn't dead, just been inactive lately. but recently, i've been appointed the new moderator. so what i wanna do is

-prepare a new GoogleSheet document with updated links to sprites which i'll be compiling soon
-update Layell's original post in this thread
-update/qc some of the old sprites that i think could be a bit cleaner
-make sprites for the ones we never got to make (like Kartana, Necrozma, etc, which we just borrowed and linked to)
-look for people willing to help in animation. applications still apply, check the first post in this thread for steps.

currently i'm preparing some front sprites for the qc-able pokemon

Last edited:

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
I'm not a spriter, but I've assembled the Alolan dex featuring all the sprites in the BW style. I hope this helps with the streamlining process : )
oh dude, i was hoping no one would compile them yet since i mentioned i would be replacing a good number of them. i'll delete that post for now so viewers of this thread don't get mixed up with the sprites, but i'll let you know when i'm done revamping the fronts, so you can compile them then. btw some of the sprites you got aren't from this thread, gotta be careful with that man

speaking of which i was about to upload some new front sprites for now. the backsprites will follow as well as other fronts. just click the titles to open (so they don't take up too much space). i'll be making a new Dropbox link as well once more of the sprites are done

026.png
026s.png
027.png
027s.png
050.png
050s.png
051.png
051s.png
053.png
053s.png
088.png
088s.png
718 d.png
718s d.png
718 p.png
718s p.png
723.png
723s.png
724.png
724s.png
726.png
726s.png
730.png
730s.png
732.png
732s.png
739.png
739s.png
744.png
744s.png
745_1.png
745_1s.png
745_2.png
745_2s.png
745_3.png
745_3s.png
746.png
746s.png
759.png
759s.png
765.png
765s.png
768.png
768s.png
772.png
772s.png
775.png
775s.png
776.png
776s.png
779.png
779s.png
784.png
784s.png
798.png
798s.png

Last edited:
These are all incredible. Special mention goes to Crabrawler whose previous sprite was way huge.

That said, I think the previous Kartana is proportionally better. I know sprites aren't to scale but Kartana is tiny. Really tiny. That's a good sprite but I think it's very big for him.

Just my two cents.

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
I think the previous Kartana is proportionally better. I know sprites aren't to scale but Kartana is tiny
i agree, but i came to the conclusion that there's no way to fit the details in a sprite smaller than this. i would if i could tho. i can barely fit any details on the yellow parts of the arms as it is already lmao, but the new sprite isn't that much bigger than the old one anyway. plus the old one had a lot of inaccuracies upon inspection. and from my experience, more people appreciate accuracy of detail more than size. besides, it's like you said, sprites aren't to scale. a lot of mons around Kartana's size have much bigger sprites and whatnot. sprites look better if we're not too insistent on the actual sizes tbh

followup on some fronts:
791.png
791s.png
792.png
792s.png
800_2.png
800_2s.png
800_3.png
800_3s.png

Last edited:
Excellent work!

Necrozma at some point? Also, I recall your views on the current Celesteela sprite here. Instead of totally redoing it, why not just perform some QC and make the the colors more BW? (As in keep the sprite just change the colors so they're not so dynamic.)

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
Necrozma at some point?

Also, I recall your views on the current Celesteela sprite here. Instead of totally redoing it, why not just perform some QC and make the the colors more BW
yeah im jusy really lazy to do necrozma but I should do it soon lol. maybe tomorrow if I get home early enough

i'll think about celesteela. a lot of people were complaining about the pose tbh. I wanna find an in-between for the size and the pose

Last edited:

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
leparagon Nice work on those sprites! I'm really digging the regularly-colored Passimian right now. Wasn't there a Mudsdale there earlier, though?
yeah but I accidentally cropped a few pixels from its hoof and I cant get on a computer yet so I removed it first lol

Last edited:
leparagon
Here's some stuff I've been doing. I work on Azurite now, and since they're animating all the Pokemon in gen 6-7, here's a couple I've done.
Decidueye is still a work in progress.

EDIT: Decidueye is nearly done, waiting for feedback from my fellow animator at Azurite now.

Attachments

Last edited:

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
025_1.png
025_1s.png
025_2.png
025_2s.png
025_3.png
025_3s.png
025_4.png
025_4s.png
025_5.png
025_5s.png
025_6.png
025_6s.png
025_7.png
025_7s.png
774_2.png
774_3.png
774_4.png
774_5.png
774_7.png
774_8.png
red one, shiny one, and meteor form are in a previous post
052b.png
052sb.png
735b.png
735sb.png
744b.png
744sb.png
745_2b.png
745_2sb.png
776b.png
776sb.png

updated the spreadsheet again. i'm planning on updating it after each time i post
oh, and from now on, AMVictory will be helping me make shinies for any new things i sprite (front and back)

Last edited:

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
I'm loving what y'all are doing, I'm glad this thread is still active! Just out of curiosity, are y'all using Paint or Photoshop or something else?
paint mostly but sometimes I feel like tracing the lineart or editing over an official sprite so for that I just use gimp since it's free

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
quick update. front sprites for all Silvally types:

773_1.png
773_2.png
773_3.png
773_4.png
773_5.png
773_6.png
773_7.png
773_8.png
773_9.png
773_10.png
773_11.png
773_12.png
773_13.png
773_14.png
773_15.png
773_16.png
773_17.png
773_18.png

in order: normal, grass, fire, water, flying, bug, poison, electric, psychic, rock, ground, dark, ghost, steel, fighting, ice, dragon, fairy

updated the spreadsheet with these sprites. AMVictory will be making the shiny sprites

Last edited:
imo the colors you chose are too light, which makes the outlines look too dark at the same time
Hi I know I'm not a spriter here or anything but I also felt that Magearna's sprites were a little... off. So I recoloured them without making them too bright (I hope). I also gave the eyes little crosshairs because those were missing.
Magearna Front.png
Magearna Back.png
Magearna (Original) Front.png
Magearna (Original) Back.png
Magearna (Original) Front (Shiny).png
Magearna (Original) Back (Shiny).png
I also felt that Ash greninja's sprite should change pose like it does in the game, and that it has a slightly different shiny from regular greninja by keeping a pink tongue instead of a red one and the fleshtone webbing etc instead of black, so I made sprites for those too.
Ash Greninja Front.png
Ash Greninja Back.png
Ash Greninja Front (Shiny).PNG
Ash Greninja Back (Shiny).PNG
I also noticed that the Dawn Wings and Dusk Mane necrozma sprites on the spreadsheet didn't match the lunala or solgaleo, so I made sprites that do... Although the main things with these is that they are 111x111 like White Kyurem's back sprite. But I'm trying to shrink them down a bit to fit into 96x96. But here are the 111x111 sprites.
Necrozma (Dusk Mane) Front.PNG
Necrozma (Dusk Mane) Back.PNG
Necrozma (Dusk Mane) Front (Shiny).PNG
Necrozma (Dusk Mane) Back (Shiny).PNG

Necrozma (Dawn Wings) Front.PNG
Necrozma (Dawn Wings) Back.PNG
Necrozma (Dawn Wings) Front (Shiny).PNG
Necrozma (Dawn Wings) Back (Shiny).PNG
Even if you don't use them, could you perhaps give some advice for making better sprites?

Last edited by a moderator:

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
quick updates:
050b.png
050sb.png
051b.png
051sb.png
734.png
741_1.png
741_2.png
741_3.png
741_4.png
749.png
752.png
807.png
807s.png

shiny Zeraora done by TheAetherPlayer on deviantart. i didn't ask him for anything he just wanted to then surprised me with it lol. AMVictory will work on the other shinies
805b.png
805sb.png
stakataka looks exactly the same except for the position of the eye so i just edited the front sprite

Hi I know I'm not a spriter here or anything but I also felt that Magearna's sprites were a little... off. So I recoloured them without making them too bright (I hope). I also gave the eyes little crosshairs because those were missing.
View attachment 127340 View attachment 127341 View attachment 127342 View attachment 127343 View attachment 127344 View attachment 127345
I also felt that Ash greninja's sprite should change pose like it does in the game, and that it has a slightly different shiny from regular greninja by keeping a pink tongue instead of a red one and the fleshtone webbing etc instead of black, so I made sprites for those too.
View attachment 127346 View attachment 127347 View attachment 127348 View attachment 127349
I also noticed that the Dawn Wings and Dusk Mane necrozma sprites on the spreadsheet didn't match the lunala or solgaleo, so I made sprites that do... Although the main things with these is that they are 111x111 like White Kyurem's back sprite. But I'm trying to shrink them down a bit to fit into 96x96. But here are the 111x111 sprites.
View attachment 127350 View attachment 127351 View attachment 127352 View attachment 127353
View attachment 127354 View attachment 127355 View attachment 127356 View attachment 127357
Even if you don't use them, could you perhaps give some advice for making better sprites?
hi there! thanks for the feedback. i like the ash greninja sprites, but u cool if i spruce up the lines on your sprite a bit? other than that i love your greninja sprites. as for SolgaLuna and Magearna, those are the old sprites you're using. not sure if you saw the updated ones. posted them a few months ago, but you can check in the google spreadsheet. i do like the eyes though, i'll edit the magearna sprites with those eyes

and advice for better sprites? tbh you just gotta keep practicing and analyzing official/pro-level fansprites. check where each pixel goes and why it's there specifically. just start off with tracing drawings then work from there :) for colours, i noticed your magearna edits had rather muted colours. DS styled pokemon sprites tend to use more saturation and contrast, so keep that in mind too :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)