Sunny days and Christmas trees, an Arizona winter.

So after a long time I come back to the Warstory scene, actually it has been nearly a year since my first Warstory. And its not that I haven't wanted to write a warstory since then its just that I haven't had any battles that have been really Warstory worthy. Most of my battles end either in forfeits, or a massive sweep by one of the pokemon, generally mine. As such most of my battles aren't really worth putting up. But I finally had a story worthy of being put up.

For those of you that know me you probably know that I am a decent player, and that I generally run a Sun team. I also tend to run the Most gimmicky sets around though, and that means that my battles tend to rely on luck, not crits and such, but actually getting a battle without them. Unfortunately as well as I play, my luck is about as bad as it comes. I once missed with Will-o-Wisp 4 times in a row, then proceeded to miss twice with Stone Edge and 3 times with Overheat. And that was all in one battle. (Yes I play well enough to try and make a comeback from horror stories like that one, not that I was able to even get close to winning.) And that is practically a daily game I play. So needless to say finding a battle that didn't have massive hax in it, while also fighting an opponent that wasn't completely trounced by my over awareness of the battlefield due to massive hax took a very long time.

But enough about how I hate hax, and on to the intro to this battle. As I said before I normally run a Sun team, and that means that for the most part if the opponent carries weather, I have the disadvantage. There is one weather though that Sun has pretty much complete dominance over, merely because of the typing match-ups, and that weather is Hail. So when I see Hail in the team preview when I have my Sun team, I pretty much instantly go "Yay, free win." Well for this warstory the roles were reversed. Thats right, this time I was the one running a Hail team. This team is actually relatively new, only having been in about 15-20 battles, and I am still in the testing and tweaking stages of it. But so far it has been working wonders. Alright I think I have have been going on long enough. Enough talking, start fighting already!

P.S. This is a relatively short battle, but a good one nonetheless.
(Also Leftovers are removed after first time seeing them.)

Battle between DeadlyFury and Byrn DragonIce started!

Tier: Standard OU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +12, -20
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team:
/
/
/
/
/

Opponent's team:
/
/
/
/
/

From the get-go I can tell that his team is a Sun team. And his team packs a punch. Latios/Dragonite are both powerful dragons that can destroy unprepared team on there own. I can personally attest to how powerful Venusaur is if you let him set-up. And Sun boosted fire attacks are going to hurt coming from 145 base Sp.Atk, and have a base 180 Stab move. I tell right away that he doesn't play nice, and I prepare for the worst. Knowing how opposing Weathers generally lead with their weather starter I decided that Metagross isn't going to help to start with. Kyurem needs to be saved for later, to pick off weakened pokemon with powerful moves. Abomasnow will just die, putting me at a severe disadvantage the entire game, and Gorybyss/Venomoth won't fair much better. So I decide to go with Nidoking.

Byrn DragonIce sent out Nidoking!
DeadlyFury sent out Ninetales!
The foe's Ninetales's Drought intensified the sun's rays!

(100%) VS
(100%)
He starts out with Ninetales like I thought he would and I go with Nidoking. Nidoking is one of those pokemon that is a bit overlooked. Sure he can't outspeed much, and his power is just barely good enough, but dang man can he ever hit types SE. His movepool is massive and it allows him to hit just about everything the the game for Super Effective damage. And thanks to sheer power he can take advantage of that and kill tons of stuff. But enough of how Nidoking can KO all of OU, back to the battle. My opponent is probably going to switch, as Earth Power will KO. But as the great battle code states "Thou shalt not Over-Predict on thy first turn" I won't try and predict his switch and just Earth Power away. Not that it makes much difference, I want his Ninetales gone as fast as possible, so I will take almost every opportunity given to me to try and make that happen. Go Nidoking use your might and rend the earth beneath his feet.

Start of turn 1
DeadlyFury called Ninetales back!
DeadlyFury sent out Latios!

Nidoking used Earth Power!
It had no effect!

The sunlight is strong!
(100%) VS
(100%)>>>>>>
(100%)
Alright he did switch. And to one of his big guns nonetheless. I don't know what set he is running, probably a Choice set with Draco Meteor/HP Fire/Ice Beam/Trick or Psyshock as thats what nearly every Latios runs. This is a problem though as I only have one Steel on my team, Metagross and he isn't the most specially bulky steel around who is also murdered by HP Fire. So I am going to have to stay in. I can't lose Metagross this early in the battle, he needs to get rocks up and his steel typing is way too important to lose. So I am going to stay in with Nidoking and blast away with Blizzard (You though I was going to say Ice beam huh?). Heres to hoping That 70% accuracy doesn't bite me in the butt, hopefully my opponent also overpredicts here and tries to catch my Metagross on the switch. *Crosses fingers*

Start of turn 2
The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
Nidoking lost 304 HP! (100% of its health)
Nidoking fainted!
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The sunlight is strong!
Byrn DragonIce sent out Metagross!
(0%)>>>>>
(100%) VS
(100%) -2 Sp.Atk
Well that didn't go well Nidoking died, and now I am down 5v6. Fortunately I now know it is probably a choice'd Latios, as he didn't take Life Orb damage there so out comes Metagross. Meta takes little from a resisted -2 Draco Meteor, and I can attack or set-up rocks at whim. Now its just the question of which one. Looking over his team real quick I notice that 4 out of 6 of his members are SR weak, while only 3 out of 6 will take significant damage from an Ice Punch. Also he lacks a spinner and I would rather like it if his Dragonite's multiscale isn't intact when it comes in to rumble. So Stealth Rock it is.

Start of turn 3
DeadlyFury called Latios back!
DeadlyFury sent out Chandelure!

Metagross used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around DeadlyFury's team!

The sunlight is strong!
(100%) VS
(100%)>>>>>
(100%)
Plan goes great. Rocks are up, which will hamper his switching and put some pressure back onto his side of the field. Unfortunately He brought out a pokemon that my team doesn't really like, Chandelure. Chandelure made a splash this Gen when it was found that it has a massive 145 Base special Attack stat. And that plus its fire typing means that my team isn't exactly a perfect match-up. I can't risk losing Metagross here, he is too important as a Dragon resist this game and it will be needed. I don't know what set he is running on his Chandelure either, which makes it really difficult for my team to deal with it. If it is scarf I will need to get Aboma in to change the weather, then try and get Kyurem in to pound it with Draco Meteor, or Gorybyss with Hydro Pump. If its Specs/Life Orb (Life orb is the more likely of the 2) I can sleep it with Venomoth then proceed to deal with it in that way. Either way I am probably going to lose something this next turn so I start looking at what is going to tip the match in my favor. After much consideration I decide that Gorybyss has the best chance at surviving a fire move, and will be the least useful, as it will basically be at half power most of the match thanks to Sun. So I switch out to Gorybyss.
Start of turn 4
Byrn DragonIce called Metagross back!
Byrn DragonIce sent out Gorebyss!

The foe's Chandelure used Overheat!
It's not very effective...
Gorebyss lost 252 HP! (100% of its health)
Gorebyss fainted!
The foe's Chandelure's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
The foe's Chandelure is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sunlight is strong!
Byrn DragonIce sent out Venomoth!
(100%)>>>>>
(0%)>>>>>
(100%) VS
(100%) -2 SpAtk
Yeah, sun makes fire pokemon into wrecking balls allowing it to deal 100% to a pokemon that resists it. And there goes any chance of a Shell Smash sweep. Fortunately that massive damage did tell me one thing, this thing is packing a Life Orb. That makes my life a lot easier as now my Venomoth can outspeed and put it to sleep. So in comes Venomoth. Venomoth is another of those underrated threats this gen mostly because of what it does so well, which is annoy opponent and support your team. Anyways this is a pretty standard Venomoth with Sleep Powder/Quiver Dance/Bug Buzz/Baton Pass. Quiver dance won't help right now, and Bug Buzz won't deal anywhere near enough damage to KO, so Sleep Powder it is. Please, please let me be right about it being Specs. Knock it out with some drugs Venomoth.

Start of turn 5
DeadlyFury called Chandelure back!
DeadlyFury sent out Victini!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Victini!

Venomoth used Sleep Powder!
The foe's Victini fell asleep!

The sunlight is strong!
(100%) VS
(100%)>>>>>
(75%) Sleeping
So that turn went well. Kinda. On one hand I just basically eliminated one of the biggest threats to my team. On the other hand Chandelure got away and is still an issue. At this point I don't really know what my opponent will do, as very few people use Venomoth. Seeing as his pokemon is asleep though I might as well try and set-up a bit. Hopefully he either switches or stays asleep, either way I will be at +1/+1/+1 to combat whatever is out. Dance the night away Venomoth.
Start of turn 6
DeadlyFury called Victini back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!

Venomoth used Quiver Dance!
Venomoth's Sp. Att. rose!
Venomoth's Sp. Def. rose!
Venomoth's Speed rose!

The sunlight is strong!
(100%) +1/+1/+1 VS
(75%) Sleeping>>>>>
(88%)
Well out of all the pokemon I expected him to bring out this guy was not one of them. Latios is still a big problem for my team, being able to wreck most of my pokemon with his insanely powerful Draco Meteors. I am not sure if my Venomoth can kill it either And I can't afford to lose anymore pokemon. Expecting an extremely powerful Meteor to land in my vicinity soon so I am going to play it safe and Baton Pass these awesome boosts over to my mighty steel tank, Metagross. He should be able to shrug off anything Latios throws at him thanks to his typing and the boosts from Quiver Dance. Come on out Metagross and join the dance festival.
Start of turn 7
Venomoth used Baton Pass!
Byrn DragonIce called Venomoth back!
Byrn DragonIce sent out Metagross!

The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
Metagross lost 144 HP! (39% of its health)
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The sunlight is strong!
Metagross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(100%)>>>>>
(66%) +1/+1/+1 VS
(88%) -2 SpAtk
As Meteors rain down from the heavens Metagross stares at the sky, music playing in the background, as his team relies on him to absorb the impact. Yeah, Metagross took that attack like a boss. Draco Meteor isn't even close to a 3HKO here, and Metagross now has boosted defenses and speed to show those pathetic Dragons what a true Meteor looks like. Meteor Mash Metagross! Not really. He still has lots of fire types around, and I don't trust the shaky accuracy of Meteor mash. I could go for the earthquake here and try and hit the switch in, but he still has his Dragonite in the wings, and if his Latios does decide to stay in it will basically have a free turn of damage (You never know, it might be one of those odd Expert Belt ones). So I go for the Ice Punch. Ice punch KO's Latios if it decides to stay in, KO's Dragonite if it comes in, and at least guarantees some damage to anything else that decides to come in.
Start of turn 8
DeadlyFury called Latios back!
DeadlyFury sent out Chandelure!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Chandelure!

Metagross used Ice Punch!
A critical hit!
The foe's Chandelure lost 44% of its health!

The sunlight is strong!
(72%) +1/+1/+1 VS
(88%)>>>>>
(20%)
Out goes Latios and in comes Chandy. And now I have to wonder how much speed it is running. Most Chandelure's that run life orb run modest, or at least they have in my experience. And that would mean that I outspeed and can KO. But if it is running timid then I am royally screwed, as it will pretty much run through the rest of my team. Fingers crossed for modest.
Start of turn 9
Metagross used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Chandelure lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Chandelure fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ninetales!
(78%) +1/+1/+1 VS
(0%)>>>>>
(75%)
And Metagross outspeeds. Which is good. I didn't expect him too, as I run a bulky spread that doesn't have any speed investment but he did and Chandelure goes where every ghost belongs and out comes Ninetales. Now like I just said I don't run any speed on my Metagross at all so chances are that Ninetales will outspeed. And even with +1 SpDef I don't think I can live a STAB SE Sun boosted attack. Unfortunately I have run out of other pokemon to sack though. I need to get Abomasnow in and change this weather, hopefully dealing some damage while he is out, but I can't bring in Aboma right now cause he would get roasted, and the hail he brings would simply be negated when Ninetales switches back in. So I have to sack something to get my own weather up. And it looks like Metagross will be the one to go. So I click earthquake and hope that he runs very little speed on his Ninetales.
Start of turn 10
The foe's Ninetales used Flamethrower!
It's super effective!
Metagross lost 286 HP! (78% of its health)
Metagross fainted!

The sunlight is strong!
The foe's Ninetales restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Byrn DragonIce sent out Abomasnow!

Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!
(0%)>>>>>
(100%) VS
(81%)
And Meta ends up biting the dust and in comes my secret weapon Abomasnow. I need the weather changed so that my team isn't eating Sun boosted fire type attacks anymore. Also since my abomasnow happens to be a Scarf variant it can outspeed and Earthquake this Ninetales into oblivion. That is as long as he doesn't switch out. And as most people know that Ninetales outspeeds Abomasnow and OHKO's all the time they generally don't. So shake the ground away Abominable snowman. Teach that kitsune who's the boss.

Start of turn 11
Abomasnow used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Ninetales lost 64% of its health!

...Crap...

The foe's Ninetales used Flamethrower!
It's super effective!
Abomasnow lost 321 HP! (100% of its health)
Abomasnow fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Ninetales is buffeted by the hail!
(0%)>>>>>
(100%) VS
(16%)
I am reminded yet again of how pathetic Abomasnows offenses can be. In comes Venomoth to try and kill the fire fox. Gonna Bug Buzz here, hoping it isn't one of those max speed foxes, and hopefully KO the fox. That should allow for my Kyurem to clean up what remains of his team. Pretty straight forward.

Start of turn 12
DeadlyFury called Ninetales back!
DeadlyFury sent out Venusaur!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Venusaur!

Venomoth used Bug Buzz!
The foe's Venusaur lost 36% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!
Venomoth is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Venusaur is buffeted by the hail!
Venomoth restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
(100%) VS
(16%)>>>>>
(52%)
...Huh? Why did he switch? Oh, wait I know why. He wanted to get Sun back up so that his Venusaur can kill the rest of my team as he probably thinks that my Kyurem is scarf'd. Which makes sense when you look at the data for November, as most Kyurem were scarfed. Oh well works to my favor as I know that I outspeed Venusaur outside of sun and I resist their entire moveset bar HP fire. I am almost positive I can survive a Non-STAB fire move, especially since I outspeed and can quiver dance. So that is what I am going to do. Show us why you are the Dancing Queen Venomoth, and dance the night away.

Start of turn 13
DeadlyFury called Venusaur back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ninetales!
The foe's Ninetales fainted!

Venomoth used Quiver Dance!
Venomoth's Sp. Att. rose!
Venomoth's Sp. Def. rose!
Venomoth's Speed rose!

Hail continues to fall!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!
(100%) VS
(52%)>>>>>
0%)>>>>>
(75%)
Yeah, he forgot about rocks. Or he thought that he had more health then he did. Either way his Ninetales didn't live long enough to set-up weather again, so that is a good thing. On the downside though his annoying Latios is back. But now Venomoth has a quiver dance going on, and I am pretty sure a +1 Bug Buzz will kill it. Bug Buzz away Venomoth.

Start of turn 14
Venomoth used Bug Buzz!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latios lost 75% of its health!
The foe's Latios fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
DeadlyFury sent out Victini!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Victini!
(100%) VS
(0%)>>>>>
(50%)SLP
And Venomoth nets an easy KO. Latios goes down and out comes his other Psychic type mon, Victini. Just going to go for another Bug Buzz here, as it should KO and his Victini is asleep. I could go for another quiver dance, or pass it but I don't want to risk it waking up and KO'ing me with a powerful V-Create.
Start of turn 15
Venomoth used Bug Buzz!
The foe's Victini lost 50% of its health!
The foe's Victini fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
DeadlyFury sent out Jameson! (Dragonite)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Jameson!
(100%) VS
(0%)>>>>>
(75%)
And one of the most overrated and annoying pokemon around finally rears its head. Dragonite is one of those mons that just got everything it needed too with Multiscale making it one of the hardest things to take down this side of Ubers, and its massive attack stat means that it will severely hurt anything that tries to. I don't want him trying to set-up or roosting of damage so I am just going to keep attacking to try and break through it. Also I have Kyurem in the ranks waiting to destroy Dragonite if needed. Not to mention the fact that Venomoth has Tinted Lens, which means not very effective isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.
Start of turn 16
Venomoth used Bug Buzz!
The foe's Jameson lost 48% of its health!

The foe's Jameson used Fire Punch!
It's super effective!
Venomoth lost 282 HP! (100% of its health)
Venomoth fainted!

Hail continues to fall!
The foe's Jameson is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Jameson restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Byrn DragonIce sent out Kyurem!

Kyurem is exerting its Pressure!
(0%)>>>>>
(100%) VS
(26%)
Tinted Lens didn't help out quite enough and Venomoth ends up biting the dust. But in its stead comes in the Legendary that boasts Stats large enough to tango up in Ubers, and Hails biggest blessing this Gen, Kyurem. Kyurem really is a monster in Hail. Specs Blizzards hurt everything coming from base 130 SpAtk, and his typing grants him one of the best Dual STAB combinations in the game. His biggest downfall is his speed, which falls right under "Just barely not good enough". Kyurem is about to show Dragonite why it is considered a Legendary pokemon, and Dragonite isn't. I outspeed and can hit with a 4X SE STAB 120 base power move. You better prepare yourself Dragonite, cause you are about to experience the ice age. Blizzard away.

Start of turn 17
Kyurem used Blizzard!
It's super effective!
The foe's Jameson lost 26% of its health!
The foe's Jameson fainted!
Kyurem is hurt by its Life Orb!

Hail continues to fall!
DeadlyFury sent out Venusaur!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Venusaur!
(90%) VS
(0%)>>>>>
(32%)
And down goes Dragonite. Venusaur comes out, expecting the inevitable. I decide to mix things up this turn and send Venusaur out with style though, and use Draco Meteor.

Start of turn 18
Kyurem used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Venusaur lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Venusaur fainted!
Kyurem's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Kyurem is hurt by its Life Orb!
(80%) VS
(0%)

Byrn DragonIce won the battle!
Byrn DragonIce: .................
DeadlyFury: GG

And there you have it. A relatively short battle, but one filled with lots of good playing.

Props:
Venomoth for being a massively underrated threat.
Metagross for scaring away dragons and killing off Chandelure.
Kyurem for pick up the slack at the end.
Abomasnow for setting up hail at a critical point in the battle.
My opponent for a great battle.
Ninetales for kill 1/3 of my team and making life hard for the rest of it.

Slops:
Nidoking for not doing anything.
Gorybyss for dying to a resisted hit.
Me for have a very bad fire weakness.
Abomasnow for not being able to KO Ninetales.
Victini for doing nothing.

And the MVP is obviously Venomoth.

Anyways hope you enjoyed the Warstory. Rate away.​

Very nice warstory. You used a very...unorthodox team (not one OU mon!) but it still holds it's own. Very nice! ^^ The control shifted several times in the match, but that Stealth Rock with Metagross really helped out. 8/10

I really just couldn't stand reading this due to the choppy and uninspired writing. This passage in particular is what made me stop:

Alright he did switch. And to one of his big guns nonetheless. I don't know what set he is running, probably a Choice set with Draco Meteor/HP Fire/Ice Beam/Trick or Psyshock. Thats what nearly every Latios runs. This is a problem though. I only have one Steel on my team, Metagross. And he isn't the most specially bulky steel around. He is also murdered by HP Fire. And neither do any of my other Pokemon. So I am going to have to stay in.
I don't know, I've just always thought that a warstory with bad writing is a bad warstory. Sorry =/

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Slops: Venemoth for not sweeping when he had the chance the first time.

The rest of the war story was good but this REALLY ruined it for me. I guess you didn't know, but +1 base 90 outspeeds +0 base 110. If you killed Latios (iPhone tried to autocorrect that to Latinos, lol) when you had the chance the battle would have been quite different and why you did not I can only chalk up to error.

Start of turn 4
Byrn DragonIce called Metagross back!
Byrn DragonIce sent out Gorebyss!

The foe's Chandelure used Overheat!
Gorebyss lost 252 HP! (100% of its health)
Gorebyss fainted!
The foe's Chandelure's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
The foe's Chandelure is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sunlight is strong!
(100%)>>>>>
(0%)>>>>>
(100%) VS
(100%) -2 SpAtk
Yeah, sun makes fire pokemon into wrecking balls. 100% to a pokemon that resists it. And there goes any chance of a Shell Smash sweep. Fortunately that massive damage did tell me one thing, this thing is not Scarfed. And from the lack of Life Orb recoil it must be Specs.
You kinda lost me here, especially when later you brought it up when Chandelure came back out at +1 Speed after Metagross was at +1 speed. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but if he had sent out Dragonite instead of Latios the turn he forgot about stealth rock and had Ninetales faint, couldn't he have still killed you with fire punch and then finished Kyurem later with Latios (I know he thought it was scarfed, but it still would seem to have been the better play either way on the off chance it wasn't)? Come to think of it, if he had remembered stealth rock and just left Ninetales in to die, he could have still sent in Dragonite and done the same thing and would have ended up winning 2-0.

Don't get me wrong, it was an okay battle, maybe even pretty good. It just kinda seems like there were too many mistakes made over the match for my liking.

Very nice warstory. You used a very...unorthodox team (not one OU mon!) but it still holds it's own. Very nice! ^^ The control shifted several times in the match, but that Stealth Rock with Metagross really helped out. 8/10
Metagross is sad you thought it wasn't OU.

Anyways noticed that some of my paragraphs were a bit blocky and went through and did some editing. Doesn't sound so bad anymore.

Edit: Seems I was Ninja'd on my Grammar. Anyways it should sound/look better now, and I apologize for how it was before. Had to take a lot of breaks to do other stuff while writing it up so my thoughts didn't always flow together. It should be much better now.

Slops: Venemoth for not sweeping when he had the chance the first time.

The rest of the war story was good but this REALLY ruined it for me. I guess you didn't know, but +1 base 90 outspeeds +0 base 110. If you killed Latios (iPhone tried to autocorrect that to Latinos, lol) when you had the chance the battle would have been quite different and why you did not I can only chalk up to error.
I ran a calc at the time and on got 70.53% - 83.44% which isn't a OHKO on Latios. Unfortunately for me that calc was done wrong as I forgot to add a +1 boost, which would have allowed me a clean OHKO. I new that Venomoth outsped, I just didn't know that I would be able to KO.

You kinda lost me here, especially when later you brought it up when Chandelure came back out at +1 Speed after Metagross was at +1 speed. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but if he had sent out Dragonite instead of Latios the turn he forgot about stealth rock and had Ninetales faint, couldn't he have still killed you with fire punch and then finished Kyurem later with Latios (I know he thought it was scarfed, but it still would seem to have been the better play either way on the off chance it wasn't)? Come to think of it, if he had remembered stealth rock and just left Ninetales in to die, he could have still sent in Dragonite and done the same thing and would have ended up winning 2-0.

Don't get me wrong, it was an okay battle, maybe even pretty good. It just kinda seems like there were too many mistakes made over the match for my liking.
Unsure how I lost you. All I said was that Chandelure isn't a Scarf variant as it caused too much damage
Scarf: 252 SpAtk Chandelure Overheat vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Gorebyss: 67.83% - 80.25%
Specs:252 SpAtk Choice Specs Chandelure Overheat vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Gorebyss: 101.91% - 120.06%
Yes he could have killed me, though I probably would have BP at that point and hoped my bulk on Kyurem was good enough to survive. Which when I run a quick calc I find out it is 252 Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs 4 HP/0 Def Kyurem: 32.69% - 38.5%. And then I would have had a +1/+1/+1 Kyurem that could have just run through his entire team.

@Byrne
Thanks for the comments. And yes Kyurem is a monster if it gets a boost.

Metagross is sad you thought it wasn't OU.

Anyways noticed that some of my paragraphs were a bit block and went through and did some editing. Doesn't sound so bad anymore.
Ah, there we go. The writing is much better now and flows, which contributes to the actual battle. I read it in it's entirety, and I enjoyed it!

I really liked your team in particular. The idea of setting up hail and passing to Kyurem for a sweep is very smart, as Kyurem is one of the most deadly sweepers I've ever encountered (when it works to it's full potential, anyway). Your commentary was fairly good and didn't just state what happened the previous turn, and you definitely let us get inside your head fairly well.

Good work!

Decent Warstory with interesting teams. Nice to see hail getting some use.

Just pointing out, Chandelure revealed it had Life Orb on Turn 4 when it used Overheat. I think you missed that?

Decent warstory, it has its interesting moments. It's unfortunate though that both teams didn't seem very well built. Yours has only one Fire resist (who isn't bulky, too) and three Fire-weak Pokemon, while your opponent had a very dangerous four (!) Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock, at least two of which were equipped with choiced items, and no spinner. The battle turned out fast and furious because of this. Still the battle has its moments and your commentary was good, hence the decent warstory :)

Otherwise pointing this misplay out: on turn 15, you should have gone for the Quiver Dance. Victini is going to sleep for at least one turn, which means you get at least one turn to further set up. With that extra Quiver Dance you could've ended the game with Venomoth, not that it mattered much though because your opponent's fragile team was crumbling at that point.

Unsure how I lost you. All I said was that Chandelure isn't a Scarf variant as it caused too much damage
Scarf: 252 SpAtk Chandelure Overheat vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Gorebyss: 67.83% - 80.25%
Specs:252 SpAtk Choice Specs Chandelure Overheat vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Gorebyss: 101.91% - 120.06%
Yes he could have killed me, though I probably would have BP at that point and hoped my bulk on Kyurem was good enough to survive. Which when I run a quick calc I find out it is 252 Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs 4 HP/0 Def Kyurem: 32.69% - 38.5%. And then I would have had a +1/+1/+1 Kyurem that could have just run through his entire team.
I was referring to how you mentioned it must be specs since there was no life orb recoil when just a couple of lines above the log showed life orb recoil. Sorry if that was unclear, I tried to emphasize it by bolding the parts about life orb, but I can see how you could have overlooked that. In retrospect, it's not that big a mistake, it just bugged me that you brought it up twice is all. As I mentioned, it wasn an okay match, but there were just too many game changing mistakes for my liking, that thing about Venamoth you just explained that Pwnemon brought up and him losing Latios for no reason when it could have probably revenged Kyurem and won him the match being the big ones.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I ran a calc at the time and on got 70.53% - 83.44% which isn't a OHKO on Latios. Unfortunately for me that calc was done wrong as I forgot to add a +1 boost, which would have allowed me a clean OHKO. I new that Venomoth outsped, I just didn't know that I would be able to KO.
Yeah, OK, that makes sense. The second time Venemoth was up against Latios you said "this time I have a QD boost, so I should be able to KO" and I was all like whaaaaaaaaaaattt?

To me the most offensive move you made was the Earthquake on Ninetales from Abomasnow. An unSTABbed base 100 power SE move off of sub base 100 attack simply isn't going to be breaking anything, much less a Ninetales with potentially defensive investment.

warstory was decent, definitely not the worst I've read, despite mistakes pointed out by posters above me. just one thing

bro, not a single person cares about how bad your luck is. please PLEASE don't whine about it

Good warstory. It was nice to see a Hail team for a change. The only letdown was how you began sweeping at the end :l

8/10

Anyway, your team seriously lacks Fire resists and IMO, has too many Baton Passers. You also desperately need a spinner x_x
Despite this, isn't it fun to use Hail? I know I find it very entertaining when my entire team doesn't have a single OU mon and I still manage to go on top.

Decent Warstory with interesting teams. Nice to see hail getting some use.

Just pointing out, Chandelure revealed it had Life Orb on Turn 4 when it used Overheat. I think you missed that?
*Facepalm*
Somehow I missed that both in the write up and the battle. Oh well.

bro, not a single person cares about how bad your luck is. please PLEASE don't whine about it
Oh I am not whining about it, far from it actually, I think the fact I always have to fight against hax is what makes me a good player. Sorry if I came off as whiny, I was just stating how hard it is for me to get a decent battle for a Warstory.

To me the most offensive move you made was the Earthquake on Ninetales from Abomasnow. An unSTABbed base 100 power SE move off of sub base 100 attack simply isn't going to be breaking anything, much less a Ninetales with potentially defensive investment.
Offensive? As in offended you or as in I mash your face in with a hammer offense?

Decent warstory, it has its interesting moments. It's unfortunate though that both teams didn't seem very well built. Yours has only one Fire resist (who isn't bulky, too) and three Fire-weak Pokemon, while your opponent had a very dangerous four (!) Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock, at least two of which were equipped with choiced items, and no spinner. The battle turned out fast and furious because of this. Still the battle has its moments and your commentary was good, hence the decent warstory :)

Otherwise pointing this misplay out: on turn 15, you should have gone for the Quiver Dance. Victini is going to sleep for at least one turn, which means you get at least one turn to further set up. With that extra Quiver Dance you could've ended the game with Venomoth, not that it mattered much though because your opponent's fragile team was crumbling at that point.
Thanks for the comments. As bad as my team looks I have actually gotten rather high with it on the ladder. And yes after this battle I have been working on my Fire weakness.
Victini had a chance to wake up there, as his Sleep counter was still unknown, him having switched in on sleep then instantly switching out. But I probably should have danced, as that would have let me KO Dragonite. Live and learn huh?

Great warstory. It's nice to see a weather war that doesn't involve sandstorm for a change. Impressive, too, that you beat a Sun team with a Hail one. Not the kind of thing a lot of people would expect to see. Kudos to you. ;)

On an unrelated note, I'd like to offer my condolences in regards to the Wow/MissEdge/Overheat misses mentioned in the warstory intro. No one should have to go through something like that. If it's any consolation, the RNG hates me, too.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Oh I am not whining about it, far from it actually, I think the fact I always have to fight against hax is what makes me a good player. Sorry if I came off as whiny, I was just stating how hard it is for me to get a decent battle for a Warstory.
It's hard for everybody. The RNG doesn't hate you any more than it hates the rest of us, unless you bring it on yourself by doing things like running low accuracy moves. Either the fact that you make yourself prone to hax is what makes you a bad player, or the fact that you think you're good for overcoming hax makes you an arrogant player (and I'm leaning toward the latter, the seeping arrogance in the intro was QUITE frustrating.) Or you're just whining about hax.

Either way the point is, the person who brings up hax is the one who loses the argument.

tehy

Banned deucer.
A few points.

Firstly, the name CHANDELURE in the top description is missing.

Secondly;using EQ on ninetales was just fine-all you needed was for it to be beloww 25% and you won the weather wars, which considering your team was pretty important.

Thirdly;Lol at the life orb thing;please take that out.

Finally;Why is it that you used draco meteor at the end?You introduced a completely unnecessary element of luck. If it was timid;you 100% outsped it. If not, you should have used Hp fire if you had it, blizzard if not.

Thanks for the comments. As bad as my team looks I have actually gotten rather high with it on the ladder. And yes after this battle I have been working on my Fire weakness.
Victini had a chance to wake up there, as his Sleep counter was still unknown, him having switched in on sleep then instantly switching out. But I probably should have danced, as that would have let me KO Dragonite. Live and learn huh?
There is no chance for him to wake up. Sleep lasts 1-3 turns and resets each time a Pokemon switches out. So Victini, who had only just switched in, was bound to sleep for at least one turn. If after that one turn he switches out and then back in, he will still sleep for at least one turn. He shouldn't have brought in Victini, not only was he giving you one more Quiver Dance he was also offering up Sleep clause, so yeah.

@Aberrant17
Thanks for the comments.

It's hard for everybody. The RNG doesn't hate you any more than it hates the rest of us, unless you bring it on yourself by doing things like running low accuracy moves. Either the fact that you make yourself prone to hax is what makes you a bad player, or the fact that you think you're good for overcoming hax makes you an arrogant player (and I'm leaning toward the latter, the seeping arrogance in the intro was QUITE frustrating.) Or you're just whining about hax.

Either way the point is, the person who brings up hax is the one who loses the argument.
All my rage to Hax. If you seriously think I am just whining then by all means think that. The hax that I described in the paragraph I put up basically describes my battling career. Generally my battles either end because I am completely haxed out of it, or because I played good enough to get around it. There are very few in-between for me.
A few points.

Firstly, the name CHANDELURE in the top description is missing.

Secondly;using EQ on ninetales was just fine-all you needed was for it to be beloww 25% and you won the weather wars, which considering your team was pretty important.

Thirdly;Lol at the life orb thing;please take that out.

Finally;Why is it that you used draco meteor at the end?You introduced a completely unnecessary element of luck. If it was timid;you 100% outsped it. If not, you should have used Hp fire if you had it, blizzard if not.
1. In the title?

2. Thanks for the vote of confidence there. At the time though I sorely overestimated Abomasnows power, and it was a real letdown.

3. Fixed

4. This was more of a tribute to Venusaur as it is one of my favorite pokemon, so I wanted to send it off in style (Flaming meteors falling from the heavens just looks cooler in my mind then freezing to death in a blizzard, but hey that might just be me.). Besides if I missed I had the bulk to survive and kill the next turn anyways. And yes I am timid.

Yamata no Orochi

dreamenddischarger
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The warstory has multiple errors, and the sweep at the end wasn't really interesting. This warstory could be better if you did some stuff to fix it. Check a few times before sending the final draft of the warstory into the forums. Plus, I haven't seen a hail story in awhile. Overall, I'll give this warstory a 6/10.

You shouldnt have draco meteroed last turn, blizzard cant miss in hail but dm has 90 percent accuracy. You could have missed, and he could have sleep powdered or set up sunny day, and won with the aid of a crit. Its a very small chance, but playing recklessly like that will end up losing you games in the long run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)