Sunny Side Up

Hey everyone. This is my second Ubers RMT. I'm posting this mainly because of the introduction of Arceus into the metagame, severely reducing the effectiveness of this team. This team is more fun than serious, but can still hold its own, and has got me onto the top half of the LB under an alt. So without further adieu, here it is:

In-Depth:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The first member of my team, Froslass. I wanted a lead who could do well against the common leads of Ubers (then again who doesn't?), and that could set up hazards. Icy Wind is on the set because of the speed lowering affect, allowing it to stop Deoxys-S from setting up two layers of hazards (even though max HP Deoxys is able to do that anyway), and stops Deoxys-A from 2HKO'ing Froslass before Froslass 2HKO's it. Shadow Ball is Froslass' more powerful STAB option, 2HKO'ing Mew. Hidden Power [Fire] was chosen for Forretress leads, even though I can use Destiny Bond for slower leads such as Groudon and Dialga. I'm open to suggestions on this one.

-----------

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

The most valuable member of my team, Groudon. Groudon provides permanent sunlight for my team, as well as the all-important Stealth Rock. Earthquake is for obligatory STAB, Stone Edge is mostly for Ho-oh, who can prove to be a pain for this team, but it also deals a lot of damage to Rayquaza. Bulk Up Dialga proved to be troublesome to face so I decided to eventually go for Swords Dance in the last slot.

-----------

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 Atk/64 SAtk/200 Spd
Nature: Naive (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Outrage
- Earthquake

After seeing Spikes and Stealth Rock, one would expect a(nother) spin-blocker. I can't rely on just Froslass to spin-block, since it usually dies early in the game. Giratina also provides a needed Ground immunity for the team. Draco Meteor maims opposing Groudon, Shadow Sneak lets me pick off weakened opponents, Outrage is a more powerful option for Pokémon like Ho-oh and bulky Calm Mind Kyogre. I figured with Froslass, Heatran and Palkia all possessing Fire-type moves, I could drop Hidden Power [Fire] on Giratina-O and use Earthquake, for Pokémon like Heatran.

-----------

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP/128 SDef/132 Spe
Nature: Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roar

Heatran serves as a stallbreaker on this team. Flamethrower is chosen over Lava Plume because I don't want burn to interfere with Toxic, even though I can still burn opponents with Flamethrower but I have a much lesser chance of doing so. Toxic + Taunt whittle away at the opponent's HP, giving them no chance to recover. Roar finishes the set to abuse entry hazards.

-----------

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Nature: Hasty (+Spd, -Def)
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Outrage

Revenger and Kyogre check. Don't really have much to say about this to be honest, Fire Blast is when Sun is up, and Thunder is when Rain is up and Outrage lets me actually do something to Blissey.

-----------

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Faint Attack
- Low Kick

The final member of my team, Sunny Day sweeper, Shiftry. Shiftry is the reason that Groudon is so important, giving it the sun it needs to sweep. Faint Attack is chosen over Sucker Punch because I don't have to rely on prediction against Psychic-types and Giratina, and it also OHKO's Mewtwo, Lati@s, and Lugia after Stealth Rock and Swords Dance. Low Kick is for Steel types not named Jirachi.

-----------

And there's the team. Considering Scarf Dialga over Scarf Palkia to help against Rayquaza and Shiftry's kinda random so I'm open to changes there, but other than that there really isn't much to say, just a team made for fun. Thanks for reading and rate away!

Hey, nice team.

Problems
  • Choice Specs Mewtwo
  • Life Orb Shaymin-S
  • Kyogre (To an extent)
  • DDMence/DDQauza Combo
Solutions
  • Change Faint attack on Shiftry to Sucker Punch
  • Replace Palkia with Scarf Shaymin-S
  • Change Swords Dance on Groudon to Roar
With Sucker Punch on Shiftry, all those speedy threats like Scarf Shaymin-S won't do as much to you. It also allows you to beat all offensive Mewtwo, and gives a decent revenge killing move (lol @ Shadow Sneak, 40 base power...) Roar on Groudon allows you to phaze away Salamence or SDChomp because intimdate/bulk will leave you unable to KO them before they KO you. Also, Taunt on Froslass stops Forretress as well as some other threats too. Froslass doesn't care about Rapid Spin and Explosion, and will get two layers of spikes up anyway.

Groudon is a need on this team to keep the sun up, and with no recovery or Wish support, that won't happen. If you use Roar on Groudon, a stall breaker won't be as necissary (Froslass + Groudon carries Roar + Taunt anyway) and you can replace Heatran with Wish Blissey. This will provide you with Wish support as well as keep a stallbreaker and further patch up your Mewtwo/Shaymin-S weakness.

Hope this rate helped, good luck on your team!

Hey, nice team.

Problems
  • Choice Specs Mewtwo
  • Life Orb Shaymin-S
  • Kyogre (To an extent)
  • DDMence/DDQauza Combo
Solutions
  • Change Faint attack on Shiftry to Sucker Punch
  • Replace Palkia with Scarf Shaymin-S
  • Change Swords Dance on Groudon to Roar
With Sucker Punch on Shiftry, all those speedy threats like Scarf Shaymin-S won't do as much to you. It also allows you to beat all offensive Mewtwo, and gives a decent revenge killing move (lol @ Shadow Sneak, 40 base power...) Roar on Groudon allows you to phaze away Salamence or SDChomp because intimdate/bulk will leave you unable to KO them before they KO you. Also, Taunt on Froslass stops Forretress as well as some other threats too. Froslass doesn't care about Rapid Spin and Explosion, and will get two layers of spikes up anyway.

Groudon is a need on this team to keep the sun up, and with no recovery or Wish support, that won't happen. If you use Roar on Groudon, a stall breaker won't be as necissary (Froslass + Groudon carries Roar + Taunt anyway) and you can replace Heatran with Wish Blissey. This will provide you with Wish support as well as keep a stallbreaker and further patch up your Mewtwo/Shaymin-S weakness.

Hope this rate helped, good luck on your team!
Thanks for the rate! Having Shaymin-S made it even more difficult to switch in on Kyogre, I still have a SD Rayquaza weakness (gonna try Scarf Dialga at some stage) and having Roar on Groudon doesn't help me against Bulk Up Dialga. Also, I'd rather have one Pokémon that can break stall on its own, instead of having to use a combination (Froslass and Groudon, the former which dies very quickly) to do the job. Even though, I will agree on the fact that I need a Wisher in there, and am considering Blissey or Jirachi, I just don't know if it should really go over Heatran. Finally, regarding Shiftry, Faint Attack has been more useful, since I don't want to have to rely on the opponent attacking, and Faint Attack still nabs the KOs I want, so I don't see a lot of use in Sucker Punch.

Thanks again for taking the time to rate though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)