Super Bowl Commercials

My favorite had to be the Bud Light one with the voice modulator.
Haha me too.

Overall though this year's commercials were boring. Even as someone who likes to dissect commercials and ads to find out their target audience and things like that, I simply lost interest in these commercials. Marketers apparently don't realize that, when people are together in the same room, funny commercials are much more memorable than any other kind.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Again, what is wrong with you guys; there might be some special understanding that allows you to understand the fundamentals of it a little better, but it is incredibly easy to see if a commercial is boring or bad versus entertaining or intelligent. Most commercials are not exactly anything but incredibly simplistic!
Well, this is probably the most brilliant commercial I've ever seen in my life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbYTuBV4Ebo

Can you take a guess as to why?

I liked some of the funny Doritos commercials and also the Budweiser voice modulating one. Others mentioned the same thing.

I'm no expert on commercials but Firestorm, I watched the video without voice first, and I understood completely what was going on without hearing the speech. I have no idea what you found interesting about it, but it's pretty cute.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The reason I find it so brilliant is that it's actually an ad for Coke Zero and paid for by Coca Cola. Watch it again with that in mind. Heck, even look at some of the comments where people specifically point out a part of the commercial that stuck out to them. Gotta love that perfect shot of the Coca Cola Zero can with label perfectly lined up for the camera at the end too!

So what you love is the deluge of marketing that shits all over us to the point we are completely supersaturated and our lives are made significantly worse by it? Well, I will give you that one, maybe only a marketing major could appreciate that terrible trajectory the world has gone in.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Personally I didn't like many of the commercials. Is it just me, or were there several marketing giants missing from the lineup? I feel like the ads were completely dominated by Doritos, Budweiser, and Coca Cola, and we didn't get to see the variety and competition we've seen in years past. I remember when you'd see only one commercial from a particular company during the super bowl. I think the reason the commercials sucked this year was because so many companies put out multiple ads instead of putting all their resources into one ad. I mean, if you air seven commercials during the super bowl, it'd be pretty hard to make all of them hilarious. I also think it makes each one less memorable, which kind of defeats the purpose of the advertising. I'd rather see one side-splitting Coke commercial than five mildly amusing ones.

I think thats the first Google commercial I've seen (or remembered), ever. It was pretty awesome, though.

I wish theyd show more of Megan Fox, too

overall, the commericals weren't as funny this year :P

Personally I didn't like many of the commercials. Is it just me, or were there several marketing giants missing from the lineup? I feel like the ads were completely dominated by Doritos, Budweiser, and Coca Cola, and we didn't get to see the variety and competition we've seen in years past. I remember when you'd see only one commercial from a particular company during the super bowl. I think the reason the commercials sucked this year was because so many companies put out multiple ads instead of putting all their resources into one ad. I mean, if you air seven commercials during the super bowl, it'd be pretty hard to make all of them hilarious. I also think it makes each one less memorable, which kind of defeats the purpose of the advertising. I'd rather see one side-splitting Coke commercial than five mildly amusing ones.
I agree. There were a select few ads I liked this year, but I didn't enjoy them as much as last year. What happened to all of those ads about products you've never heard of but had great ads? The selection sucked.

Firestorm

So what you love is the deluge of marketing that shits all over us to the point we are completely supersaturated and our lives are made significantly worse by it? Well, I will give you that one, maybe only a marketing major could appreciate that terrible trajectory the world has gone in.
When did I say that I liked it? I said I found it interesting. Why is your life so black and white?

I'm surprised anyone thought these commercials were good; those who have probably didn't see previous Super Bowls

Anyway, imo this year was shit. Too many CBS commercials anyway.

breh

強いだね
Either the Tim's Doritos one or the violin playing beaver... or maybe that other doritos commercial where the guy is in a coffin full of doritos... and falls out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)