Super Scary Web HO

Just getting this thread straight out there while I can. Been using this team for a while and it is very decent. As with all teams this doesn't have it's flaws, some of which I have sorted others meh...

Kyran (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Substitute

Introducing Kyran the hardest hitting mon in OU. I originally had Choice band and shadow claw on this and a life orb on Garchomp and it scored some very neat KO's but i feel that it struggled very much to clean up the end game and with a weakness to stealth rock longevity isn't it's strong suit. Substitute does what sub does.

I have 4 legs? (Galvantula) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder/Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz

The Crux of the set is Galvantula, The Sticky web was something that is often seen as a temporal nuisance but my team aims to deal damage to anything that attempts to spin/defog the web away. The high speed and sash means that it can usually get up web and score some damage, but I feel it struggles to spin excadrill. Hp ice is there to 2hko gliscor or landorus-T that think they can take any move. Some times I feel that giga drain would be more desirable but I Thunder hits practically anything viable that giga drain does. (Bar Water/Ground)

Candle (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 104 Hp / 252 SAtk / 152 Spd
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]/Hidden Power [Fighting]

The chandelure set is the set that everyone knows, Scarfed fear, this is able to hit EVERY common spinner or defogger with a super effective stab. With big damage. It also handles common rock setters such as Skarmory/Excadrill/Ferrothorn/Heatran. Energy ball hits the odd Quagsire and hurts Vaporeon/ that think they are safe. Shadow ball does enoiugh damage to 2hko Charizard and Aegislash. The Speed investment allows you to out speed 252+ Lati-twins/Espeon and 252 Alakazam. I believe this is enough speed to outspeed Max speed Deo-S after Web but i doubt that matters for much

Hammerhead (Garchomp) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Life orb Garchomp as i needed a way to deal with heatran Excadrill and Talonflame, Perhaps there is better mons for this job (Tyranitar or excadrill comes to mind) but i felt as if this did enough damage to resisted mons for me not to mind. Sylveon is a problem.

Willow Smith (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 156 HP / 248 SAtk / 20 Spd
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Tail Glow

Manaphy comes in on something it can handle sets up a tail glow and hurts everything. One known problem is Blissey/Chansey as they can eat any attack and toxic me. If my absol is mega evolved I know that i don't mind about Chansey as much. If Absol isn't I can quickly pull a double straight into Absol predicting the switch into Chansey and feel free to knock off or super power anything to oblivion. Energy ball handles Vaporeon or Rotom-W that think they are safe. Ice beam is to hit Grass types for super effective damage (Mega-Venusaur is a problem) But I think this has enough to withstand any hit from mega-venusaur.

Rubber (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 32 Hp / 252 Att / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Knock Off

When i started having problems with Tyranitar leads I realized that I didn't have decent fighting move. I put this on to handle the ever popular latios and tyranitar. I originally had fire blast in place of Knock off and Play rough in place of super power but with decent prediction by the opponent latios can successfully defog or roost up. The magic bounce is decent as it forces the opponent to attack or absorb a status. This does work against ferrothorn leads as they are less commonly offensive which allows set-up. Absol 2hko's everything that doesn't resist a knock off. Once again fairy types can plow through this.

Thanks for any input. I'm not sure if I should list a threat list, i have a very decent one at the moment and I have other variations of this list. Mega-Heracross instead of Absol or Dragonite Instead of Garchomp (needed priority). excadrill instead of Garchomp/Absol. I had Sylveon instead of Manaphy for a while but that didn't help my excadrill weakness.

*I'll post some Damage Calcs later*

First off, Bisharp has a field day after sticky web. Once Char-X gets a Ddance up, it also has a good time. You are able to beat them both, but not as reliably as possible.

Sub+life orb isn't optimal, might as well give it leftovers, if I'm not mistaken. Or just another coverage move. Also consider scarf, if you like that sort of thing.

Other than that, good, no, great team, and sorry for the breif nitpicks, i gotta go .3.

First off, Bisharp has a field day after sticky web. Once Char-X gets a Ddance up, it also has a good time. You are able to beat them both, but not as reliably as possible.

Sub+life orb isn't optimal, might as well give it leftovers, if I'm not mistaken. Or just another coverage move. Also consider scarf, if you like that sort of thing.

Other than that, good, no, great team, and sorry for the breif nitpicks, i gotta go .3.
hmm, I'm not too sure about the Bisharp stat. For one the speed decrease beens my whole team outspeeds it. Bisharp has become a rarity over these days and haven't seen too much of it. I used to run Mega heracross and not once did i see a problem with Bisharp. Yeah. Just looked at some damage calcs and realised that manaphy gets 2hko'd after rocks. If it suits better perhaps Mega Heracross does work better in this team putting as much offensive pressure as Absol yet not getting annihilated by +2 Bisharp. I guess using the Team preview would be a good judge as to whether or not use your sticky web. I know from experience that if i see Bisharp i will not use my web unless i'm certain i can clean up the rest of the persons team. Good substitute prediction can allow you to sub up on the bisharp and really hurt it with fusion bolt. But yeah Bisharp is definiately a problem. Perhaps swapping Garchomp for landorus-Therian would be a decent counter?

Great team, but can always be improved. Subs+life orb are a huge drain on health, especially when Kyurem-Black is already weak to stealth rocks and you have no spinner. Leftovers would be a better option in my opinion, as Kyurem-Black already has great defenses that can take a hit. As for Bisharp, it is somewhat common but switching into Kyurem-Black should help if it can get up a sub. Here are the calcs for the Bisharp:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 728-858 (160.7 - 189.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 364-429 (80.3 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 147-173 (52.6 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 460-542 (128.4 - 151.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 378-446 (105.5 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 326-386 (116.8 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

By the way, Mega Absol has too many EVs so the calcs are based what might allow you to live ( 4 HP / 0 Def has no chance)
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 547-645 (196 - 231.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 273-322 (97.8 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 584-688 (209.3 - 246.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you need a Bisharp counter, which it looks like you do, why not use Breloom or . Landorus-Therian is a bad idea because intimidate actuallys adds to Bisharps attack because of Defiant. This will drive its power level over 9000, and you might as well say "gg". Breloom needs a safe switch ( or a focus sash), but then one shots it with mach punch. Here are the calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 218-257 (83.2 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 515-608 (184.5 - 217.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Make sure to keep the Breloom alive and it can help out the team. It can also rock tomb or spore on a switch to Charizard ( who has a type advantage) and then utterly destroy.I recomend this in place of the Garchomp. In addition, I believe Hydro Pump or Surf>Scald on Manaphy. Otherwise, great team. Hope it suceeds!

Great team, but can always be improved. Subs+life orb are a huge drain on health, especially when Kyurem-Black is already weak to stealth rocks and you have no spinner. Leftovers would be a better option in my opinion, as Kyurem-Black already has great defenses that can take a hit. As for Bisharp, it is somewhat common but switching into Kyurem-Black should help if it can get up a sub. Here are the calcs for the Bisharp:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 728-858 (160.7 - 189.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 364-429 (80.3 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 147-173 (52.6 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 460-542 (128.4 - 151.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 378-446 (105.5 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 326-386 (116.8 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

By the way, Mega Absol has too many EVs so the calcs are based what might allow you to live ( 4 HP / 0 Def has no chance)
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 547-645 (196 - 231.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 273-322 (97.8 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 584-688 (209.3 - 246.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you need a Bisharp counter, which it looks like you do, why not use Breloom or . Landorus-Therian is a bad idea because intimidate actuallys adds to Bisharps attack because of Defiant. This will drive its power level over 9000, and you might as well say "gg". Breloom needs a safe switch ( or a focus sash), but then one shots it with mach punch. Here are the calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 218-257 (83.2 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 515-608 (184.5 - 217.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Make sure to keep the Breloom alive and it can help out the team. It can also rock tomb or spore on a switch to Charizard ( who has a type advantage) and then utterly destroy.I recomend this in place of the Garchomp. In addition, I believe Hydro Pump or Surf>Scald on Manaphy. Otherwise, great team. Hope it suceeds!
Switched it up so Garchomp is running a scarf and Kyurem-B is lefties + Substitute. I started running Breloom and it works fairly well. Miss out on quite a bit of power and struggle to hit Megavenasaur a little more but it works ok.

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
This is nice team and I would suggest to give rain dance to mannaphy to protect it against any toxic and have sleep too it would protect it well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)