Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

TheMantyke that design could work, although I kind of just don't want him in anyway because the people pushing for it have been so incredibly whiny (not you, though) and I have that thing where when people constantly bitch about something you start to form an opposing stance.

Also please stop posting the same image, I get it, and that Ridley looks really stupid anyway. The one in the Melee trailer would be the only scaled down version that looks good.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TheMantyke that design could work, although I kind of just don't want him in anyway because the people pushing for it have been so incredibly whiny (not you, though) and I have that thing where when people constantly bitch about something you start to form an opposing stance.
People bitched and moaned about Mega Man for Brawl. Just sayin'...

It was more just "I want this" instead of "WHY ISN'T THIS IN YOU ARE STUPID I WILL NOW SMUGLY ARGUE AGAINST A STRAWMAN BOWSERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or the horrible bullshit storm that has been Geno.

edit: actually there were some people who were the same but replace Bowser with Samus. However, they were a minority because of how many people wanted Megaman.

ok....

the argument shouldn't be about past depictions or about "scaling" but about how people interpret the character and how "bigness" orients itself in that interpretation, correctly or incorrectly but w/e ypost

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
they could create a size class specifically for ridley; one that is a good portion bigger than bowser's and dks but definitely not the same as the ridley we see most of the time.

I think one iconic game of a character like ridley being rather small would be enough for us to justifiably make it small enough for smash bros.

some arguments why characters shouldnt be in a game are so pedantic, tbh. I doubt even the developers think that far into it like some of the people in this thread are.

Yo, for those of you who want to:

1) See the live reveal of the Wii Fit Trainer
2) See the Mega Man vs Mario fight in higher quality
3) Want to hear the worse commentary this side of VGC 2012 Worlds

Someone's uploaded a higher quality version:
[youtube]Iktxi6tPBPw[/youtube]

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just realized the villager drops a bowling ball on people hanging from the ledge

Anthony Higgs finals smash: REMEMBUH ME?

Have they said anything about Final Smashes other than WFT's? Do you guys think they'll change all the Brawl characters'? Honestly I'd be very disappointed if they didn't and left them as the same. Like, come on Nintendo >.>

Have they said anything about Final Smashes other than WFT's? Do you guys think they'll change all the Brawl characters'? Honestly I'd be very disappointed if they didn't and left them as the same. Like, come on Nintendo >.>
You can bet that a number of them will be left the same (only so far confirmed is Samus's), but I'd be surprised if they didn't change at least a few. Characters like Pit have been given a lot more material to work with for final smashes so revisions are likely. I'd love to see a few of the more lackluster final smashes like the Mario Finale and Yoshi Transformation revised (and between this like the Mega Mushroom and the giant eggs in Yoshi's New Island, there are options...)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
You can bet that a number of them will be left the same (only so far confirmed is Samus's), but I'd be surprised if they didn't change at least a few. Characters like Pit have been given a lot more material to work with for final smashes so revisions are likely. I'd love to see a few of the more lackluster final smashes like the Mario Finale and Yoshi Transformation revised (and between this like the Mega Mushroom and the giant eggs in Yoshi's New Island, there are options...)
yoshi's final smash needs to be

edit: i know this would suck on any stage with platforms. The question is: do I care? The answer is: no.

If Ness and Lucas get put back in, I hope they get PK Rockin'/PK Love respectively for their final smashes as opposed to PK Starstorm. I mean, PK Starstorm is awesome and all, but they have signature moves!

I wonder what the Villager's and Mega Man's final smashes could even be.

For the Villager, maybe a "non-smash" similar to Kirby's? Or maybe something amazing, like reassembling a dinosaur skeleton to wreck shit?

For Mega Man, I assume it's something to do with his arm cannon, maybe similar to Samus. Or maybe another boss's move?

Who knows. All I know is the humor behind the juxtaposition of playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf against the fucking psychopath that we've made him. Lord help those townsfolk when I'm not online controlling their worst nightmare.

If Ness and Lucas get put back in, I hope they get PK Rockin'/PK Love respectively for their final smashes as opposed to PK Starstorm. I mean, PK Starstorm is awesome and all, but they have signature moves!
That seems great for Ness, but I'm not too sold on the change for Lucas. Lucas already has PK Love as an Up Smash and switching Final Smashes for both would leave a pretty solid one out in the cold.
I hope villager's final smash summons a giant horde of bees that fly around the screen killing everything.

Browsing over a few websites, it looks like that or dropping an entire house onto the stage were the most popular candidates. Personally, I'd like to see him just throw a bunch of leaves into the air so it can start RAINING FURNITURE.
Still crossing my fingers for Isaac.
I agree!

For SSB!

Alice

The worst taste in music
How do you even make coherent tiering predictions for a game that's not out yet? You have nothing to base it on.

I suspect that Villager will be weird enough that whether people like using him will be largely linked to his competitive viability. Same with Mega Man. btw where's the love for Mega Man? Just allow the Power Slide / Charge Kick to cancel and he's just about perfect. Actually idr if you can cancel Charge Kick...
Charge Kick was not cancelable, at least in the NES version. But think about it, a cancelable slide/CK would be actually kinda broken... >_> (moreso if you can cancel into dp or -god forbid- jump cancel; buster cancel is ok i guess....)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)