Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

While we're on the subject of Sonic, I really want his whole moveset to be revamped. It's not unreasonable to assume this since Bowser is being overhauled, so something like this would be great over his bland Brawl moveset.

Yo, for those of you who want to:

1) See the live reveal of the Wii Fit Trainer
2) See the Mega Man vs Mario fight in higher quality
3) Want to hear the worse commentary this side of VGC 2012 Worlds

Someone's uploaded a higher quality version:
[youtube]Iktxi6tPBPw[/youtube]
Nice trolling Nintendo, but it's no where near Square Enix level trolling.

I think the two franchises that need more love in SSB are probably F-Zero and Metroid. I haven't played much of the F-zero franchise so I don't have a say for it, but I've seen Black Shadow a lot. Higgs would be amazing or one of the Hunters.

I hope Wii Fit Trainer proves that anything is fair game, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai somehow put Tetris blocks into the game as a character.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm hoping that Paper Mario and Shulk (from Xenoblade Chronicles) will make it onto the roster. Also, does anyone else think that Pit will be able to switch weapons a la Kid Icarus: Uprising?

It's been a while since a Red Steel game has been released, but I think the Hero of those games would make a proper fit into SSB. Also, if we have Wii Fit Trainer, why not include Dr Kawashima from the Brain Training series?

There's also a bunch of minor characters that I'd love to see in SSB (think Waluigi, Midna, Tingle), but Nintendo will probably keep the likes of them as assist trophies.

Edit: also:

Still think the Wii Fit Trainer is a stupid idea, even after seeing her gameplay. I'll stick to Zero Suit Samus (if she makes a return). The Wii Fit Trainer is barely a character, she's literally a mannequin with hair and exercise gear.

If Namco goes with PacMan instead of Lloyd Irving, heads need to roll.
The list, we're oversaturated with RPGs and swords and Pac-Man would actually be new.

They pretty much admitted to doing it with Megaman
Where?

Snake could very well be replaced by Raiden (which would be majorly lame).
PS All-Stars already has that one. If anything he'll be replaced with Big Boss, Kojima already is.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Toon Link isn't coming back... he's a prop in the Spirit Tracks level (and as far as I know, no character has ever been both a stage prop and a playable character.)

Sakurai also confirmed that the rosters for both games would be the same, so it's not like he'll be on the Wii U version but not the 3DS one.

Toon Link isn't coming back... he's a prop in the Spirit Tracks level (and as far as I know, no character has ever been both a stage prop and a playable character.)
ROB is a prop on Port Town Aero Dive, but I suppose there's more leeway in him being a prop when he's a robot. I'm not really convinced being a stage prop completely disqualifies a character from appearing on the roster. For all we know, if Toon Link was selected for that match, there simply won't be a conductor for the train.

I don't know the first thing about game engines so I might just be talking out of my ass, but from the look of the trailers, it seems this game is using the same engine brawl used. If they can work off of what's already in Brawl as a template, I would expect very few, if any, cuts.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nice trolling Nintendo, but it's no where near Square Enix level trolling.

I think the two franchises that need more love in SSB are probably F-Zero and Metroid. I haven't played much of the F-zero franchise so I don't have a say for it, but I've seen Black Shadow a lot. Higgs would be amazing or one of the Hunters.

I hope Wii Fit Trainer proves that anything is fair game, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai somehow put Tetris blocks into the game as a character.
Okay, if they manage to put in Tetris blocks those will be my main.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It's so easy to imagine Tetris blocks, with the same sort of laggy side to side movement and slow falling. Down air would work like Link's, and you would change shape as you did various attacks.

Hmm...I'd love to see Issac from Golden Sun, but animated to you know, actually look like him in the game (ie realistic), not that lame-ass cartoony Assist Trophy version in Brawl...god that animation made me want to puke.
ATs in general looked pretty inferior graphically compared to the playable characters, so I'm sure Isaac will look much better if he becomes playable.

Also, the more I think about Wii Fit Trainer, the more I like her. I'm seriously considering her as my main if Isaac or Matthew don't make it.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ROB is a prop on Port Town Aero Dive, but I suppose there's more leeway in him being a prop when he's a robot.
ROB was weird, according to Subspace Emissary canon (lol) there were literally millions of his people being conscripted into detonating subspace bombs. So the "stage prop" ROBs weren't "the" ROB, they were just, you know, other members of the ROB species. Or something.

The same probably couldn't be said of Toon Link. He's one dude, not a whole race of cel-shaded people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)