Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

I can't wait to get an actual look at the Great Cave Offensive stage, I'm pretty excited about that darn stage!

And while I'm probably setting myself up for dissappointment, I hope we do get trailers of sorts for Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt.

I can't wait to get an actual look at the Great Cave Offensive stage, I'm pretty excited about that darn stage!

And while I'm probably setting myself up for dissappointment, I hope we do get trailers of sorts for Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt.
That would actually be really cool, seeing they put newcomer trailers in Brawl I'm hoping we get all revealed trailers and some bonus content in the Vault. As for the Great Cave Offensive I've heard of it through GameXplain but haven't looked any further. I did hear it was shown off with Temple in the POTD, but I haven't made an attempt to spot it because I don't really know what to look for. Is it the stage with kirby on the beach or Yoshi falling?

Yeah, it's the pic with Yoshi falling, the pattern on the hole walls is very similar to the one in the hole entrance of the cave in Kirby Super Star.

There is also the pic with Kirby and someone else (Pikachu? can't remember) riding a mining cart, but that's it so far.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I care about Xenoblade trophies. <3 Besides, the details will come on Thursday. Until then, I don't mind just seeing pictures of trophies from games I love.

I know next to nothing about Xenoblade Chronicles, but does that guy in the middle have some sort of Monado-like? Is it another Dunban trophy?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Doesn't this count as details? After all, this is the first time we've seen Metal Face since he was teased in Shulk's trailer. I think that's fairly notable.
Let's be fair it's pretty obvious I mean game modes or the like. Idgaf about trophies. I want to know what I can do in the game not what I can look at.

Pic of the day. Here's what's happening behind the scenes in one of the secret fighter's shooting moves. The object being held is called an NES Zapper. This is an accessory which was released for the NES outside of Japan. Now, this image is edited, but it's a scene from the secret fighter's reveal video.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I know next to nothing about Xenoblade Chronicles, but does that guy in the middle have some sort of Monado-like? Is it another Dunban trophy?
NOW IT'S REYN TIME!

Officially, his weapons are gunlances. Most of the time in both appearance and practice (because his main role is tanking), they're big shields with a pointy end to stab things with.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Didn't Sakurai or some Nintendo rep state that there wouldn't be DLC? Games have leftover data in them all the time that never gets used, like Mewtwo in Brawl or the Azure Flute in DPPt.

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Didn't Sakurai or some Nintendo rep state that there wouldn't be DLC? Games have leftover data in them all the time that never gets used, like Mewtwo in Brawl or the Azure Flute in DPPt.
I don't recall ever reading that, but Nintendo has shown that they are willing to delve into DLC with FE:A (which had excellent DLC) and Mario Kart so its certainly something worth speculating about. Being able to load DLC characters and stages and apparently up to 8 player smash (not sure about this one) is pretty damning evidence though.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I was having lots of fun earlier on For Glory. RIP in pieces Little Mac.

Also, let's try this again! Should I host a tournament that isn't live? (i.e., you sign up and play your opponent when both are available)
That's sounds way more convient. If we were to do it this way we should probably have it take place over the course of a week or so (and maybe give some time before actually starting I this time so it isn't so short-term for sign-ups).

Didn't Sakurai or some Nintendo rep state that there wouldn't be DLC?
He said during development that they didn't have any DLC plans at the time. The time being like, well over a year ago I think.

That doesn't mean that he's opposed to it or that it will never happen.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think its fairly obvious that there will be dlc imo. There wouldn't be empty spots in the character selection screen if there wasn't anything to fill them with.

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.
For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)