Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like how they expanded the replay ability to be able to watch matches longer than 3 minutes (the time limit of replays in Brawl) but can't let you view any you've saved before a balance update. I mean, if this is going to be the case of every balance update that comes out (you know there'll be one for Mewtwo) then what's the point of having the replay function in the game in the first place?

Can anyone tell me if they have an Amiibo release schedule? Or at least how much time between each wave? I just really want ZSS and I'm sad to see it won't be coming in the February wave.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone tell me if they have an Amiibo release schedule? Or at least how much time between each wave? I just really want ZSS and I'm sad to see it won't be coming in the February wave.
Iirc, the first wave is to come when Smash Wii U is released (or the week after) Wave 2 hits in December(?) and the 3rd wave hits the US in February. Really looking forward to the February one with Shulk and Lucario.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion

The one large change we made to this stage is this Hylian text. I wonder what it says? Also featured in this pic is Link in Fierce Deity colors
It says Smash Brothers, for those wondering. Hylian is kinda similar to japanese katakana.

About the balance patches: really, don't expect anything big. I just can't see Sakurai making changes like developers do on stuff like Dota/LoL.

Last edited:
The Wii U version removed item cancelling (Link, Toon Link, and Peach), Greninja DAir to Shadow Sneak, Rush Cancelling and Yoshi glitches. They also removed the silly Wario momentum glitch thing he does after being in hitstun animation.
I guess Ver 1.0.4 on the 3DS version will have these changes as well. Ehh.
Edit: oh wait I forgot. Luma now respawns every 13 seconds.

The Wii U version removed item cancelling (Link, Toon Link, and Peach), Greninja DAir to Shadow Sneak, Rush Cancelling and Yoshi glitches. They also removed the silly Wario momentum glitch thing he does after being in hitstun animation.
Didn't Yoshi's "top tier" level exist only due to glitches? I kind of hope they just make the glitches not glitches? If that makes sense or put something to compensate. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played Yoshi since the second day of release.

THE ROSALINA NERF THOUGH YES THE MOST BS CHARACTER IN THIS GAME NEXT TO LUCARIO NOW HAS AN ACTUAL WINDOW AHSDJASDHK.

Didn't Yoshi's "top tier" level exist only due to glitches? I kind of hope they just make the glitches not glitches? If that makes sense or put something to compensate. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played Yoshi since the second day of release.

THE ROSALINA NERF THOUGH YES THE MOST BS CHARACTER IN THIS GAME NEXT TO LUCARIO NOW HAS AN ACTUAL WINDOW AHSDJASDHK.
Nope. Yoshi's top tier level exists due to him now having out of shield options (which improves his defensive game), also the fact that all of his moves have speed, utility and combo ability (improves offensive game).
Also yes Rosalina is BS and you know it. Lucario is BS too.
It's a sad day for Toon Link though. Poor guy got nerfed. I wish he had short hop double back air and pogo DAir..and bomb lag cancel.

I like how they expanded the replay ability to be able to watch matches longer than 3 minutes (the time limit of replays in Brawl) but can't let you view any you've saved before a balance update. I mean, if this is going to be the case of every balance update that comes out (you know there'll be one for Mewtwo) then what's the point of having the replay function in the game in the first place?
I would definitely expect this moving forward...

If you've ever tried to retrieve data from your 3DS's SD card, you know that smash replays aren't saved as movie files or anything like that. Instead, they seem to be some log of all inputs during the match, with all random variables answered for. This kind of data is surely a lot smaller than a movie file, making it possible to store a lot of them...

My guess is that the games are recreated using the game's current physics, mechanics, etc, so changes to these mechanics would cause old replays to display incorrectly.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That is exactly how they are saved, the same problem exists for Project M versions and their replays or when you try and play them in Brawl. I suppose keeping previous versions of the engine and playing from that would have been too difficult. In theory for Mewtwo if they just add him and don't touch anyone else we would be fine, but it's tough to say at this point.

Also a few folks on brawlvault have started to rip the 3DS models and made them as model swaps or customs in Brawl. Shulk over Ike and Megaman over Ness, if that tickles your fancy.

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
If these are the only changes to Greninja I'll be happy. :) I need to stop using Dair so much, anyway.

BTW how do people know all this info about the Wii U version already? Is there some kind of demo somewhere?...

Some members of the Smash scene have received early copies, I've talked to several people over Skype who've played it on Wii U although I'm not sure how much they are honestly allowed to disclose.

I'm actually very skeptical of all that was just mentioned except for the rosaluma thing considering there's video evidence of that. Do you have a source on the rest of those changes?

I'm actually very skeptical of all that was just mentioned except for the rosaluma thing considering there's video evidence of that. Do you have a source on the rest of those changes?
hang on
So in regards to the item toss Landing-lag cancel:

Sorry, but Scizor is not a troll. Unfortunately, I can confirm it is true that the Wii U version doesn't have it. I went to a tournament last night in Toronto, one of the players got a copy of the game early (Nintendo has been giving some members of the community early copies up here in Canada, particularly members who have done a great service to their major smash communities. The only I can mention is Pidge, since she already made it public and posted a photo of her with the box on her FB profile). They let the participants play friendlies (8-player mode is balls to the wall chaotic, btw), but the conditions were we couldn't take video nor pictures of game footage to avoid getting in crap with Nintendo. Hence, I have no footage to show, and I also can't reveal anything besides character data.

I guess you'll all have to take our word for it, but I can confirm: Unfortunately, no item toss landing-lag cancel exists in Wii U. I dunno if the big N is planning to update this through an online update: they did say all the 3DS tactics would work in Wii U in the direct. But since the game isn't supposed to be officially released in NA yet, we'll have to wait and see whether this remains permanent or not.
all landing cancels greninja's Shadow sneak, peach and TL/Links bomb cancel with bomb pull i was told by the socal top players who went to the west hollywood wii u smash event and a friend of mine who plays link told me he wasn't able to do it, but you can z-drop without a laggy zair now and now your hook shot drops to the ground like in brawl not like in the 3ds where it shoots and comes back without dropping
From Smashboards.
If these are the only changes to Greninja I'll be happy. :) I need to stop using Dair so much, anyway.

BTW how do people know all this info about the Wii U version already? Is there some kind of demo somewhere?...
Some people got an early copy from the game and started testing out stuff.

edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2lzm5i/rosalina_luma_have_officially_been_nerfed/
if something on the URL makes no sense pls don't blame it on me and blame Reddit.

I believe that date was January 10th, so there's still plenty of time. It was early January though, so don't wait too long to get it done.

Pic of the day. Here's another new stage!! The Mario Circuit stage is modeled after Mario Kart 8, so the course flips upside down.

(Comment)

On the upside-down course, Shy Guys jump their karts upside-down too!! It's amazing how the course twists on this stage. Of course, the gravity for the fighters will always go downward.

EonX

Battle Soul
Seeing this stage makes me ask one singular question. Why did they bring back the Mario Circuit stage from Brawl? Like, seriously, the MK8 version seems so much more dynamic and interesting to play on than the Brawl version. Brawl version just seems like a waste to me...

Pic of the day. Long before the game release, we revealed new fighters with videos. The video quality of online streams is not always the best, though. Luckily, you can watch them as they were meant to be in Movies mode on the Wii U version.

(Comment)

You can even re-watch videos that play after you clear Classic mode and Allstar mode. This is a list of videos which are unlocked when you clear certain things. They tend to be short, but you'll get a lot of information if you play them all in one sitting.

EonX

Battle Soul
Just looking at it, it looks like every reveal trailer is going to be listed in order, which is a pretty neat touch imo. Really nice for people who pay attention to and appreciate those little things. Speaking of little things, the little ending movies for Classic and All-Star modes were always cute to see. There was never anything major with them that I can remember, but it was always a nice, quick little thing to see that featured your favorite fighter(s)

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I had a chance to play on Mario Circuit the other day. It's a fun stage, but dealing with random walls and ceilings gets annoying. It won't be a tournament-legal stage, but it's really pretty. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)