Super Staff Bros: Other Metagames Edition!

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Sorry for the large delay with this update, I was visiting grandparents.
InfernapeTropius11's submission was 3spoopy so I picked that one.
I updated the code btw

Added +Dream Eater Gengar
Promoted Adrian Marin BH to @, and added the mimez wave to his phrase list on switch-in.
Promoted SpartanMalice to % if he wasn't already
Demoted CactusCacti to +.

Arranged things better.
Gave Other Metagames's Eviolite back
Changed E4 Flint's item to Expert Belt.
Changed onTryHit to onPrepareHit in most cases to allow moves to be better.
Changed 10323 instances of tabs to spaces. How did it drop???

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
[14:07:24] &xfix:Pikachuun: You should add Hack Guy.

xfix has spoken

Next staff member to be added is %Hack Guy! You get the drill, right? Submit those sets!

%Hack_Guy (Lunatone) @ Hacked Eviolite
Ability: Impatient
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
+ Psypower
+ Molester Moon
- Moonblast
- Sheer Cold

Hacked Eviolite: Gives %Hack_Guy 1.3x Defenses and 1.3x Offenses. (he isn't good at hacking apparently)

Impatient: If against a Pokemon that has Substitute up, %Hack_Guy gives up on life and faints. If the opposing Pokemon uses Substitute while %Hack_Guy is on the field and %Hack_Guy breaks the Substitute, he still faints at the end of the turn.

Psygem: Uses Psyshock and then Earth Power in the same turn, same mechanics as in Linked.
Molester Moon: 8 Pp 130 Bp 100 Acc Special Rock Type Move - Charges turn 1. Displays a message from the following list:
. Hits turn 2. Depending on the message it shows, there is a secondary effect when it hits. The first is paralysis, second is confusion, third is flinch, and fourth is burn. (I completely failed but I tried :[ The Ghost/Fire is a ghost using will-o-wisp btw)

Entry Message: Morning!
Exit Message: Good Night!

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
%Hack Guy (Talonflame) @ Flying Gem / some other consumable item idk
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- The Linked Smogonbird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

The Linked Smogonbird is basically Brave Bird + Acrobatics, and as such, does 230 damage without an item, and does recoil that equates with said damage, as in the case of Brave Bird. Or, if you could make it work like two hits where one acts as Acrobatics, and the other as Brave Bird, that works too. Flying Gem may be op, and while it is unreleased, so was Hoopa-U and TI was one, but idk if that's an exception. In either case, if OP, use another consumable item, I'm bad with those so idk which one.

As you can see, inspired by Linked.

Intro message: Morning! AllJokesAside: Hack Guy, Ban Bird.
Exit message: Good Night! AllJokesAside: Hack Guy, Ban Bird.

% Hack Guy (Aegislash) @ Leftovers/Air Balloon/Sitrus Berry/Weakness Policy
Ability: Lag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
+ Shadow Sword
+ Shadow Shield
+ brb breakfast/brb lunch/brb dinner
+ Ban Aegislash

Lag: A combination of Truant and Stance Change. Hack Guy will automatically revert to shield form on truant turns.

Shadow Sword: Shadow Ball and Sacred Sword combined in the Linked fashion.

Shadow Shield: Shadow Sneak and King's Shield combined in the Linked fashion. (priority=1)

brb breakfast/brb lunch/brb dinner: User switches out (priority=-2)
.....Hack Guy says the move name before switching.

Ban Aegislash: Transforms into SpartanMalice's Talonflame set. 1/4096 chance of transforming into a shiny Luvdisc with splash
.....Before transforming:
..........AllJokesAside: Hack Guy, Ban Aegislash.
..........Akumeoy: I'm inclined to agree
..........Chopin Alkaninoff: Aegislash is stupidly good
..........Hack Guy: Alright, so the council has voted, and we've seen your opinions. Aegislash is going to be Re-banned.

Entry Message: Morning! n_n
Re-entry Message: back
Death: I actually did better than I though I would do o-o

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
%Hack Guy (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lag
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe (if possible 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe, otherwise this spread is fine)
Jolly Nature
IVs: 8 Spe
+ V-Turn
+ Double Fusions
+ Wifi
+ GOTTA GO FAST

OK lotta stuff here lel

Victini: Victini is Hack Guy's favourite Pokemon so I chose that.

Lag: Hack_Guy is known for having shit internet and constantly lagging out, so yeah. Lag gives Hack Guy a 20% chance to move last in his priority bracket, and if this happens then 6 random users say "nice dc". It also acts as Victory Star. (Summary: Lag=Victory Star+20% chance to act like Stall)

V-Turn: You probably already guessed this lol, but it is just a combination of V-Create and U-Turn (in that order), one of Victini's main niches in Linked, Hack Guy's OM. (Summary: V-Turn=V-Create+U-Turn)

Double Fusions: Again, one of Victini's niches is spamming an extra strong Fusion Flare after using Fusion Bolt, so Double Fusions is Fusion Bolt then Fusion Flare. (Summary: Double Fusions=Fusion Bolt+Fusion Flare)

Wifi: A lot of things happen in the Wifi room. One of them is trades, so the first part of this move acts like Switcheroo (or Trick but Switcheroo is more relevant as you switch Pokemon :p). The second thing is people intentionally pissing off the auth by doing stuff like t y p i n g l i k e t h i s so the second part of Wifi is Taunt (summary: Wifi=Switcheroo+Taunt)

GOTTA GO FAST: So a little back story is necessary here. Recently, Hack Guy has been breeding for a Shiny 5IV Beldum with a Jolly Nature. He ended up with a 5IV shiny one, but with 31/31/31/31/31/8 IVs, instead of x SpA. This is why I set the IVs to 8 Spe, the Nature to Jolly, and made him Shiny. He told me he was fine with this Beldum, because "I'll just spam Agility until I outspeed everything". GOTTA GO FAST grants Hack Guy +3 Speed :] (Summary: GOTTA GO FAST=1.5*Agility)

Entry Message: Morning! n_n
After Using V-Turn: brb gotta get lunch
When Using GOTTA GO FAST: GOTTA GO FAST
Death Message: Goodnight OMs n_n

I guess I'll give this a go:

%Hack Guy (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Slow Internet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
+ Dual STABs
+ Set-up Sweeper
+ Coverage

Slow Internet: Puts a condition on %Hack Guy (like how Imprison is used) of a permanent Truant. This doesn't make %Hack Guy too OP.
Dual STABs: Meteor Mash + Zen Headbutt
Set-up Sweeper: Rock Polish + Agility (gotta go fast!)
Coverage: Randomly picks two of Ice Punch, Earthquake, Grass Knot, and Hammer Arm.

Metagross because I found the Shiny Beldum story pretty funny, and Mega Metagross is one of the top OU pokemon. Same reason for the IVs, though Set-Up Sweeper should help that.

Personally, I like InfernapeTropius11's entry and exit quotes, so I'm gonna steal them.

Also possible bug with Copycat in ssb: om?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-superstaffbrosothermetas-587
Turn 3, I "Copycat'd" +Kit Kasai's Kagome Kagome, and it displayed as Judgement. Ransei suggested that it shouldn't even work at all. Pikachuun any word on this?

And we have another voice user:
Lordedragonair.PNG

Is he/she next?

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
And we have another voice user:
View attachment 46755
Is he/she next?
Might as well!

LORDE DRAGONAIR @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 all
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Recover
+ Ladder Alt

Ladder Alt - Dragon-type, 100 BP, Special, 10 PP: 30% chance to raise Special Attack 2 stages. Fails against Eevee General.

intro: Do NOT make me switch alts to ban. I'm laddering.
outro: /nick Eevee General

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)