Surfchu no longer only Hardy?

Was surfing Youtube, found this. For those who don't want to click, it's a Pokesav user showing off their mad Wonder Card-replicating skills (which I'm honestly against) with a new event Pikachu (Nintendo Power anniversary or something). Has Wish, Present, Volt Tackle and Surf, and the one in the video is Bold, which I doubt would be a locked-in nature.

It also seems possible to give a copy of the Wonder Card to one other person locally.

I think I know what you're saying, but this was apparently a REAL event. As said in the video description:
NPower Pikachu! This event was released September 13th 2008 at the Nintendo Power 20th Anniversary Birthday Party.

It was apparently given out (called NWS on Saturday night), but only on Saturday. I don't know if it was only Hardy or not, I should have an idea sort of soon.

I don't know if the pokesav poster is just running on incomplete details.

It was apparently a supprise event at the 20th anniversary of Nintendo Power.

Also, the redistribution of it 1 time thing was a glitch with the card that wasn't noticed somehow until after they uploaded that video.

If it's a wondercard shouldn't all natures be possible?
Wonder Cards work in a way that they can be set to a speciffic PID (which controls Nature, Gender, Shiny(sorta), Gender and a few more extra things) or have one generated at pick up which can be anything.

A suprise event?

Yeah, just like the suprise wish Cresslia event.

edit: So as not to sound too sarcastic, I'd have to see some proof to believe that this actually happened.

To be completely honest, I'm actually hoping there was a problem caused by the artificial Wonder Card, because that would imply that there'd be problems with other "code-gotten" Wonder Cards. I mean, IMO hacked WCs would result in a semi-legit Pokemon at best, I fail to see why so many people accept them as fully legit.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow fail. They ought to tell people about these things. :/ I wonder if anyone will still be able to make the wondercard available. Not that Surf is pikachu's best option anyway . . .

That's the thing, they do tell people about these things. From NY pokecenter to Alamos Darkrai to Gamestop Deoxys to movie Shaymin. All of these were advertised ahead of time, some quite extensively.Yet they didn't announce a giveway of the most popular pokemon out there? I call shenanigans.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Surf Pikachu's handy for Steelix in UU, right?

Anyway, seems horribly fake.

Why couldn't they make things like this more widespread? I would love a Timid/Modest Surfing Raichu/Pikachu...

Good find, Groudon. I am on GoNintendo all the time and I didn't notice that.

Nope. Haha, sorry I'm so hard to please. But I checked nintendo.com and both of the official pokemon sites and saw no mention of it. I think this is another case of "Iwasthereandtheyhadititis". I don't mind being wrong but I'm still not buying it.
1. That's what she said.
2. It was an unannounced event.
3. There are multiple people who were there and said they had gotten it.

I suppose getting someone who was there to take pics of it won't be good enough unless the pics were taken at the event? :P

Maybe in the next Nintendo Power they will say something about it? I suppose that's the only way to make everyone believe it. Or almost as good, why not send an email and ask?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gonintendo satisfies me, I think. It's a very prominent blog.

YAY!!!

1. That's what she said.
2. It was an unannounced event.
3. There are multiple people who were there and said they had gotten it.

I suppose getting someone who was there to take pics of it won't be good enough unless the pics were taken at the event? :P

Maybe in the next Nintendo Power they will say something about it? I suppose that's the only way to make everyone believe it. Or almost as good, why not send an email and ask?
That's what she said. :P

I'm just skeptical becuase this is exactly how the wish Cress situation went down. Multiple people said "oh they just weren't advertising it, I called in, I went myself, etc, etc".

E-mail would probably be best. Maybe you should do it? XD

Yeah, I wouldn't call "Nina's Diary" a trusted source but I do hope this is real. Not that I'd ever be able to get one anyways.

Off topic: Please explain to me the postcount/join date ratio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)