Surprise, Surprise Another Lucario Team

Introduction
Hello smogon community and this is my first ever post on Smogon. I am brand new to the world of competitive battling, but have quickly found that is a very consuming, entertaining, and fufilling world. This is my first competitive team that I feel can win many games and be prosperous. On shoddy this team has a record of about 9-2. This team will eventually be promoted to pokemon wifi. So please everyone help this team be the best that it could be.
This team is based on the pokemon Lucario and includes pokemon that I feel help him perform to his best abilities. So without further ado heres the group.

At a Glance

Team Building
So I decided I wanted to build a team around Lucario because he is one of my favorite pokemon and he is just a great overall sweeper.

Second, I needed a partner for Lucario who can help him in his sweeping. I chose gyarados because him and Lucario have perfect type synergy and they are both great sweepers.

Then, I wanted a good revenge killer that can kill ghosts that neither of these guys like to face. I chose Tyranitar because he is just a huge beast that can destroy ghosts and revenge kill almost anything.

Next I saw that my team is 110% walled by a skarmory. I needed a pokemon to take care of that problem. Who could do that better then Magnezone.

Fifth, I needed a utility pokemon that can cripple an opponent and heal my guys at the same time. I chose Mismagius (who is also a spin blocker).

Finally, I needed a lead. I tested almost every lead but one stood out from every single lead. And this lead is Uxie.

And this is how it looks.

In Depth Analysis
(The team is listed in the order they will most likely appear)

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Levitate | Impish
252 HP / 40 Def / 64 SpD / 152 Spe
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock
Description
I chose Uxie to lead my team into battle for a few reasons. First of all, Uxie is bulky enough to ensure that Stealth Rock is setup most of the time. With incredible bulk on both sides of the spectrum, most common leads cannot OHKO Uxie without a critical hit. Furthermore, it can set the advantage in my favor by locking my opponent into a specific move. This creates several setup opportunities as the game progresses, especially since Uxie lures in Ghost, Dark, and Bug attacks for Lucario to setup on. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, Uxie can usually scout at least two of my opponent's Pokemon. Even if my TrickScarf is absorbed by my opponent's Choice-item user, I have still gained very valuable information about my opponent's team. This allows me to adjust my game plan accordingly. Once Uxie has outlived its usefulness, I use it as the status sponge and death fodder for my team. Overall, TrickScarf Uxie is one of the best leads I have ever used.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
-Pursuit
-Crunch/Ice Punch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
Description
A basic scarftar. He can destroy Starmie, Gengar, Rotom and pretty much anyone who has the guts to stay in on him. he has great move range and can OHKO many pokes with pursuit or stone edge. Uxie brings out ghost types that will try to kill him. Ill switch to tyranitar and pursuit away. He can also be a late game sweeper and last resort just in case my main sweepers arent able to finish the job.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Speed
Nature: Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Tri Attack
-Explosion
Description
My special sweeper and steel slayer. This thing destroys scizor (if not using superpower), and skarmory. I love this poke and it always comes up big and normally puts a win on my record. This thing always takes electric attacks aimed at gyarados and destroys electrics with a stab flash cannon.

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Nature: Timid
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Trick
-Heal Bell
Description
My jack-of-all trades. She is a spin blocker, cleric, crippler, and special sweeper. This thing is simply beautiful I can trick someone a scarf, kill many pokes with energy/shadow ball and heal my team with heal bell. This thing also has a very large special defense stat and therefore is easy to switch in on something like starmie.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Att/ 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Taunt
-Dragon Dance
Description
This is Lucarios partner in crime. He is a great physical sweeper and with taunt can set up on almost anything. STAB waterfall is a great move and stone edge provides some coverage. He is just a great pokemon and can sweep teams by himself.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Aility:Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch
Description
Here is the star of the show! Lucario has always been one of the most destructive sweepers in the game. Its myriad of resistances give it many opportunities to setup, especially with Uxie's Trick luring in Dark, Bug, and Ghost attacks. Lucario is most threatening in late-game situations once its counters are weakened. Despite having many qualities of a perfect sweeper, it has quite a few checks that it cannot beat on its own. These include Gyarados, Zapdos, Rotom-A, and the perfect SD Lucario counter, Gliscor. As you will see, the rest of this team can annihilate each of these Pokemon, clearing the path for Lucario to sweep. Aside from sweeping, Lucario can revenge kill weakened enemies with its priority moves.

Conclusion
So thats my team. Please rate it to help it be the best that it can. Thank you for all of the help.

Credit to Bribery for some of the descriptions

Well first of all, I can't help but notice that your Uxie and Lucario paragraphs are identical to the ones on my RMT. Either credit me or rewrite them in your own words please.

On to the suggestions:

4 Choice Scarfers is really excessive and some don't seem to serve any particular purpose on your team. Magenzone isn't needed since your main sweepers, Lucario and Gyarados, aren't really bothered by Skarmory or Scizor. +2 Lucario OHKOs Skarmory and Gyarados simply sets up on Scizor.

I would replace Magnezone with a Choice Band Scizor. It's a great partner for Lucario because they have nearly identical counters. Scizor's CB U-Turn will soften them up for Lucario to sweep. Scizor also lures in Fire types like Heatran for Gyarados to setup on.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP/176 Atk/16 Spe/156 SpD
Nature: Adamant
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Pursuit/Quick Attack
-Superpower/Brick Break

The EVs let you take special attacks (Draco Meteor, Starmie's Hydro Pump) better than the standard EV spread. 16 Speed EVs let you outspeed the 12 speed Vaporeon so you can U-Turn before Surf hits.

Next, Mismagius is outclassed entirely by Rotom-A and Gengar. Since you want a way to deal with status, I would go for a RestTalk Rotom-W. It's not as good as Heal Bell but being Choice-locked into Heal Bell is just asking for something to setup on you. Tyranitar is a Breloom magnet so having a sleep fodder like Rotom-W would be a good idea.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 16 Spe / 40 SpD
Nature: Bold
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

And lastly, I would use Bounce over Stone Edge on Gyarados. Grass types are very common these days.

Scimjara

Bert Stare
is a Tutor Alumnus
Hello The Rebel Squadron received your PM to rate your team. Interesting team you have yourself, I have a few suggestions that may help your team out.

There is absolutely no point in running four scarfers on your team. Especially when your core pokemon Tyranitar, Magnezone, and Mismagious have Choice Scarf. This places you in very awkward situations allowing you easily set up on. For instance Gyarados in this situation can easily set up on Lucario, Tyranitars Pursuit / Earthquake etc; Once Gyarados has set up one Dragon Dance in this situation very easily due to the amount of Choice Scarfers and then proceed to sweep since it will out speed every pokemon on your team beside Mismagious who manages to do very little with Shadow Ball. With this said I would highly opt for this team to remove scarf from Magnezone and Gengar. With this said you can already tell your team is Dragon Dance Gyarados weak as well as DD Nite weak.

I would suggest you change Magnezone set into "Steel Killer" set with Substitute. This allows Magnezone to set up on steel types such as Choice Scizor and Jirachi etc; due to Magnet Pull, providing you a Substitute for a potential sweep. Like I said you have to cut down on the Scarfers on this team. This set provides much more use then your previous set because Magnezone isn't exactly the ideal scarfer due to it's low base speed stat, you wont be able to revenge kill that easily. By using scarf on Magnezone marks you as an immediate ko' against Offensive Dragon Dance pokemon namely Gyarados, Dragonite, and Kingdra.

Magnezone @ Leftovers | Magnet Pull
Naive | 40 Atk | 252 SpA | 216 Speed
Substitute | Thunderbolt | Hidden Power Ice | Explosion

I am not sure why you have Mismagius on your team. The only logical reason why I see you used Mismagius over Gengar is because of Heal Bell. Okay well Scarf Mismagius can only do so much until it is trapped by pokemon like Scizor or Tyranitar. It wont be able to revenge kill, cripple, or use Heal Bell until you are Pursuited to death. I would suggest you use Choice Scarf Gengar as the ideal revenge killer. This allows you to deal with pokemon like DD Gyara and Dragonite, Since you would have supper effective moves on each pokemon.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Timid | 4 Hp | 252 SpA | 252 Speed
Focus Blast | Shadow Ball | Thunderbolt | Hidden Power Ice

As for Tyranitar I would highly suggest you use choice band Tyranitar instead of choice scarf. Banded Tyranitar in the current metagame I would say is the most dangerous due to its sheer power. There is no "safe" switch in to this pokemon even if it resists one of its attacks it will still end up taking a good amount of damage. For example it is able to 2hko walls like Skarmory with Stone Edge and Bronzong with Crunch as well as a 2hko on Forretress with Stone Edge. By using the spread I provide you. This allows you to outspeed Skarmory and 2hko with Stone Edge.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band | Sand Stream
Adamant | 146 Hp | 252 Atk | 112 Speed
Stone Edge | Crunch | Pursuit | Earthquake

On Lucario you should use Crunch over Bullet Punch allowing this set to actually hit Rotom forms.
---
Good Luck :toast:

Hello,

As noted by previous raters, having an excess of Choiced Pokemon can often prove to be a liability to the effectiveness of your team.

I would take Bribery's suggestion and swap out Mismagius for either Gengar or Rotom. I'm not sure how much you've tested this team, but Mismagius can't switch into many Rapid Spinners. Starmie in particular actually deals 77.9% - 92% to it with its standard Life Orb set, meaning you even have a chance to be OHKO'd after Stealth Rock damage. RestTalk Rotom-W is an option worthy of consideration, or you could use SubSplit Gengar if you want to maintain an offensive presence:

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SpA
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Also, keep in mind that although you're using Magnezone to take out Steel-types, notably Skarmory, opponents who use Shed Shell are going to cause trouble for you. If you want to use a Pokemon that can still take out Skarmory but also benefit the team in other ways, a Substitute Heatran may be worth trying out. This will heavily damage just about any Steel-type, and can also take advantage of switches by setting up a Sub.

Good luck with your team!

You should put thunderbolt on Mismagius to counter gyarados and give lucario crunch/stone edge/ice punch as two priority is redundant. You already kill frail ghosts who are immune to espeed with pursuit scarf tar why do you need bullet punch?

Just a quick little nitpick, you said that Magnezone's Flash Cannon will destroy electric types? Not true Electric Resists Steel. Just fyi :) Also, two priority moves on Luke is somewhat excessive and unnecessary. Drop Bullet Punch for Crunch because then you aren't walled by ghosts. Oh and yes, there is no need for 4 scarfers.... Just sayin.... And I would replace Tyranitar's Ice Punch with Fire Punch to deal with Steels unless you run a steel killer set on Magnezone with HP Fire etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)