ORAS NU Surrender

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This lord squad be making your opponents scream 'Surrender'​

Hey guys, today I'm bringing you yet another NU RMT. This is the team that got me my NU reqs with ease (37-2 record) and it's with not stall or some kinda stallish build (I'm just as shocked as you guys). The team was built around my other favourite thing to use which is Fake Out + Toxic Spikes Balance which utilises Kangaskhan + Garbodor as the inspiration for the team. This combination is great as it allowed for quick kills as well as easy revenge kills, which I guess is why it brought me great success haha. Anyways, here's the squad:

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot

- Drain Punch

The first part of the core, Garbodor is without a doubt, the best Spikes user in the tier and is a great Pokemon in general due it is decent bulk and typing. I opted with maxing out its physical bulk, as I didn't feel the need to creep/outrun anything as it allows me to switch in to more attacks this way to continue to pressure my opponent with hazards. Rocky Helmet is given because although it can get worn down over time, the potential helmet recoil alongside poison from the toxic spikes really racks up, and then if your opponent decides to knock it out, that's an additional 25% making it easy for me to revenge kill really easily.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge

- Earthquake / Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch​

The second half, Kangaskhan, is my main revenge killer that really makes many fast Pokemon such as Tauros and Sneasel easy to revenge because of the dual priority. Double-Edge is preferred over Return as the extra power is much more beneficial despite the recoil (Return hits like a bitch) and the coverage option depends on what you feel like; Earthquake allows Kangaskhan to hit opposing Garbodor as well as Magneton where Fire Punch still hits Magneton, but it also hits Ferroseed. The EVs are so I outspeed Adamant Sawk with a slight amount of bulk to be able to take some hits if need be.

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Looking at this core, Xatu seemed really annoying as it could block my hazards as well as potentially Roost stall my Kanga, so Choice Banded Sneasel fit well as it let me take them out with ease by Pursuit trapping them. Knock Off + Icicle Crash are great STABs to just fire out in NU as there is only one mega as well as Ice-type attacks being great in NU. Ice Shard also gives me another way to revenge weakened opponents and priority is always good.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 112 Def / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Toxic
Since Magneton is in the tier, Lanturn is one of the few counters it has, being able to switch in to both its STABs as well as it being a great bulky pivot. The EVs spread is so I can retain a Leftovers number as well as make it all round bulky with enough speed for max speed Adamant Rhydon so I can get a potential surprise OHKO with Scald. Protect and Toxic allow Lanturn to status the Flying-type / Levitaters in the tier as well being able to rack up more residual damage.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 88 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Gyro Ball
I now needed Stealth Rock as well as something to pair well with both Lanturn and Garbodor, so I went with Ferroseed as the typing + Iron Barbs, again, really helps wear down my opponent. The spread is the only spread I like on Ferroseed in the current state of NU; the attack investment allows me to 2HKO Magneton's Substitutes and still have enough bulk to keep Kabutops checked. Knock Off isn't only good for Magneton, it lets me remove possible Colbur Berries on Xatus, so that Sneasel can come in later and guarantee the KO with Pursuit.

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 232 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock

- Energy Ball
- Signal Beam
Since this team is is based around Toxic Spikes, ground Poison types are gonna be annoying for me, so my final slot is Calm Mind Mesprit as it allowed me to deal with them pretty easily and it also gives me a great late game set-up sweeper. Signal Beam lets Mesprit hit Malamar and Cacturne which can be a pain for this team as well as opposing Psychic-types and Energy Ball is to bop any Quagsires that try to stop from sweeping as well as Adamant Kabutops that try to spin. The EVs are so I hit 271, so enough for neutral base 85s as well as creeping those mons that try to just outspeed them and enough SpA so that you get a very good chance to OHKO Malamar at +1 (81.3% chance). Psychic is preferred and it hits the Poison-types harder but Psyshock can be used if you want to hit opposing Calm Minders hard.

So this is my team that has had great success and works incredibly well in the current meta, so hopefully it'll give you the same success do n_n

Obligatory import: http://hastebin.com/obesipozim.md

PSA:
Fuck bulky fletch, that is all.

hey bud, i was wondering what team got you to 37-2 lol. looks p solid and as you always say, t-spikes + kanga is free wins. jolly dd don looks kinda annoying cause it sets up on Garb / locked sneasel / kanga and you dont really have an answer if sprit is weakened. not a huge weakness but just something to note.

the main thing for me when i look at this team is i wonder why you arent using cm uxie > cm mesprit. cm uxie can outpaces jolly tops before it spins (adamant is non-existent rn), p much does everything that cm sprit does, and can tank a jolly +2 edge from don from full which is pretty huge, and get souls back from giga. thats p much it from me, grats on the reqs and really solid record.

Uxie @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry | Levitate
120 HP / 252 SpAtk / 136 Spe | Timid
Calm Mind | Psychic | Giga Drain | Signal Beam

Cool team qol, one suggestion i'd make is 236+ speed over 204+ speed on mesprit. This allows you to outspeed adamant kanga since at +1 you have a very good chance at ohkoing it after rocks

Hey QueenOfLuvdiscs

Nice team, maybe a bit haxy (xd), but that's nothing to do with you. This is a proper ladder stomping team and will probably remain as the best ladder smashing team of the magneton meta. Onto the team, and I really couldn't find a problem with Can-Eh-Dian 's switch, Uxie just makes better sense at the minute and its bulk will come good at times, especially if you aren't using mesprit for a scarfer or healing wish.

Instead, what im going to suggest is to improve your team for the future meta, so that even after the magnets meta, this will be foreseen as a great team for any meta, not just one lousy one haha.
I will suggest running some speed on garbodor: changing the spread to 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe. This allows garbodor to hit 210 base stat speed, which can be tricky when trying to out speed mons trying to creep at 200 base speed. It also means you creep 0 speed 85s, although they pretty much don't exist.
also suggest running a rocker that isn't ferroseed, its nice because it can fill a specially defensive and physically defensive roll as a defensive wall as well, not to mention leech seed support. I will suggest running Regirock > Ferroseed purely because xatu is a huge bitch for this teams hazard laying capabilities, not to mention your sneasel and Tauros checks are dodgy at best, having a Regirock eliminates all this problems at the cost of a grass and water resist, which means you have to play more carefully around SD samurott and lilligant, but ferroseed didn't kill that anyway.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / twave
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch / Counter < this can be useful vs SD samu if you are scared of it (aka tennis' regi set)

Cool team, grats on TC, didn't want to flock your page with another grats ^.^
yours in mons,
~HJAD

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Hey so I was completely unaware of this team's existence and built a very similar one (5 mons out of 6) Many sets are very different though, I'll post the importable here just to compare for fun (everything different is bolded)

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 88 Def / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature

- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Brine

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Xatu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Signal Beam
- Trick

So yeah I went more offensive on garbo and put enough speed to outspeed torterra and golurk who do big damage on the ferro+garbo core. I don't think the extra bulk on garbo is too necessary considering it's already pretty bulky, takes down what it counters with helmet + aftermath and the team is generally pretty bulky already.

I put t wave on ferro and maxed his defence because my lanturn has AV to take the big special hits (and I'd rather have him take the scald burn than ferro) and I don't have mesprit to take ground type moves safely (xatu dies to any mispredict). T wave has been extremly useful to me and I think you should consider it over knock off if you get some other way of easily beating opposing ferros.

Our sneasels are very similar. In fact, I don't even know why I don't already have pursuit over low kick

My lanturn runs AV and max sp.a which is basicaly my signature mon this gen and no one will convince me it's not the best lanturn set generally speaking. Sure toxic protet + lefties is nice, but it requires more predicts and the team isn't too strong on the special attack side while lanturn has some pretty dank coverage options. Brine is just a filler but boy can it surprise and wreck some people sometimes and is simply more efficent against low health mons you don't really care for burning (cause they're about to die).

I prefer jolly kanga but that's a personnal preference

Finally the most impactful change, I chose scarf xatu over CM mesprit because the team has nothing to spin or defog hazards and it's always a good thing to have on teams that set up a lot themselves. Generally speaking, the team is bulky enough to run a more fragile mon in the last slot imo and xatu brings a more immediate offensive presence thanks to it's higher speed. Xatu also has access to heat wave because your team (which I happened to play against) really struggles to kill ferroseed who keeps seeding everything.
The fact xatu is scarfed is my little touch of originality because boy don't people ever expect it to be and practically all of xatu's common switch-ins absolutely don't want to be tricked a scarf.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)